How to get to the east c.v field without a car?

e2p2

Hi, we're coming from abroad on the Tuesday to Bristol. We hired a Caravan that would wait for us in the East C.V field and we plan to go there on Wednesday's morning by coach/bus.

I see that the festival bus station located near to gate A. Is there a way to get to gate C  from gate A other then walk the whole thing?

Is there another bus stop somewhere near gate C or near the East C.V field?

Hmm. There's no other bus stop as far as I know, and that's a heck of a walk - in through Gate A, across the site, and out through Gate C and all the way to CV East... I wonder if anyone on here that's driving from Bristol in a Campervan on Tuesday or Wednesday could offer you a liftshare that would take you into CV East to meet your caravan?

Yeah, you really need to try and find a lift into the fields if you can. It'd be a fair trek from the Coach Station even if you could go direct through the site - and as it's the Tuesday, you'll need to take a massive detour around the fence.

The only other option is to get a taxi to drive up Blue Route (Pylle Road) and drop you near one of the crossings. You should be OK doing that on the Tuesday, but you'll need to pick your spot carefully, and remember that it's one of the main on-site access routes so on the there'll be a lot of tucks, tractors, and other heavy vehicles etc on the road so please be very careful.

thanx. Since we'll arrive to the site on Wednesday, I assume it will be impossible or very expansive to take a taxi via the Blue Route.

I did see that there are shuttles between the Festival bus station and Worthy View for Worthy View's guests. I wonder if we can hop on them, but I'm not sure its shorter and easy to navigate from there.

1 hour ago, e2p2 said:

thanx. Since we'll arrive to the site on Wednesday, I assume it will be impossible or very expansive to take a taxi via the Blue Route.

I did see that there are shuttles between the Festival bus station and Worthy View for Worthy View's guests. I wonder if we can hop on them, but I'm not sure its shorter and easy to navigate from there.

You could always put some of your stuff in one of the lockups after you get in the gate (or along your walk to the campervan fields). Then walk to the Campervan field, then walk back later to get the rest of your stuff.

3 hours ago, e2p2 said:

The Worthy View shuttles won't help you I'm afraid as they almost certainly travel between the bus station and Worthy View on the main roads outside the site, and won't go near to Blue Route or East CV fields.

Taxiing to start of Blue Route on the A37 would work if you were able flag a lift from there to East CV but with all your gear you'll be lucky to find someone who has the space to be honest....

In all honesty though the shortest route is direct across the site from Gate A, and as Dukeicon suggests do it in a couple of trips....have a beer on the way etc.

Yep, sadly it is an all round massive pain in the arse to do this any other way than through the site when it's open.

I was dropped off in the campervan field, just after the security search points, by our lift who then spent 3.5 hours leaving the site & doing a 40 mile trip home as leaving from the blue route isn't easy 

anyone driving in the blue route will have a hard time getting out again from Tuesday onwards id imagine, taxis will be unlikely to go (or be allowed?) that way & will most likely be directed towards A I think

2 hours ago, e2p2 said:

How long is it from gate A to gate C you reckon? I read here somewhere that the pre-booked Caravans are at the back of the C. V field so its probably gonna be a hell of a walk no matter what :huh: 

a few years ago, my youngest daughter arrived by train the day after we took the caravan.. I walked from the East Campervan fields to the bus station and it took just on an hour.. (we stopped via bars on the way back)..

i believe that they may have parked the pre-booked caravans in E25, not as bad as E15-17 but still a schlep..

We delivered our van last year early and we were parked in E25 and that's where all the pre-delivered stuff was being parked too.

We did the walk from the Coach gate across to the van on the Wednesday morning with 2 nippers in tow along with car seats etc and it was a nice walk, it is a long way but there is no rush, we did it over about 5 hours I think, but of course that was with lots of food and drink stops. Was a nice way to start things off, it was a lovely sunny day just like it will be this year:)

3 hours ago, The other Bellboy said:

We delivered our van last year early and we were parked in E25 and that's where all the pre-delivered stuff was being parked too.

We did the walk from the Coach gate across to the van on the Wednesday morning with 2 nippers in tow along with car seats etc and it was a nice walk, it is a long way but there is no rush, we did it over about 5 hours I think, but of course that was with lots of food and drink stops. Was a nice way to start things off, it was a lovely sunny day just like it will be this year:)

5 hours you say? :)

I guess it will be tolerable on Wednesday as it will be,  as you said,  a lovely sunny day,  but now I'm worried about the Monday!  To get back all the way to gate A on Monday seems a lot less fun.. 

Now I'm glad I choose to have my return flight on the Tuesday. 

10 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

5 hours you say? :)

I guess it will be tolerable on Wednesday as it will be,  as you said,  a lovely sunny day,  but now I'm worried about the Monday!  To get back all the way to gate A on Monday seems a lot less fun.. 

Now I'm glad I choose to have my return flight on the Tuesday. 

Make friends with someone nearby who has a large vehicle who is driving back home via Bristol. :)

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

Make friends with someone nearby who has a large vehicle who is driving back home via Bristol. :)

So you're telling me I have to work on both my hiking skills AND  my social skills??? Damn,  this festival is really demanding :P

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/03/2016 at 9:22 PM, e2p2 said:

How long is it from gate A to gate C you reckon? I read here somewhere that the pre-booked Caravans are at the back of the C. V field so its probably gonna be a hell of a walk no matter what :huh: 

Me & Mrs BSR did this trek in the baking heat of 2010. It was knackering, but you can't help enjoying wandering through the site. It isn't much different in distance than if you were heading to Pennards, and at least you will have all the luxuries of a caravan when you get there. I'd allow an hour, maybe a bit more.

I think the hired caravans are fairly central in the CV East fields, about 15 minutes from the gate. Although you will have to go up the 'Hill of Death' with all your gear when you get out the gate...

30 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Me & Mrs BSR did this trek in the baking heat of 2010. It was knackering, but you can't help enjoying wandering through the site. It isn't much different in distance than if you were heading to Pennards, and at least you will have all the luxuries of a caravan when you get there. I'd allow an hour, maybe a bit more.

I think the hired caravans are fairly central in the CV East fields, about 15 minutes from the gate. Although you will have to go up the 'Hill of Death' with all your gear when you get out the gate...

Thanx BSR! 1 hour is not that bad I guess. Might be challenging but possible.  The way I see it,  the biggest minus of it is not being able to carry much alcohol with me but We'll deal with it. 

That E25 doesn't look central to me but probably much better than E15 (by the look of it at the map).

3 hours ago, e2p2 said:

Thanx BSR! 1 hour is not that bad I guess. Might be challenging but possible.  The way I see it,  the biggest minus of it is not being able to carry much alcohol with me but We'll deal with it. 

That E25 doesn't look central to me but probably much better than E15 (by the look of it at the map).

Yeah E25 is nowhere near as bad as E15. And they've been known to open up another field beyond that too. We're also hiring a caravan this year so see you there!

Last two years I believe E25,  they generously (!)  put rentals at the far fence,  so there's a fairly  empty field you walk across that gets progressively fuller over the first day or two.   If you're coming by coach and therefore travelling fairly light it's not bad.   We didn't have any tents and ensured we only carried spirits,  rather than cases of booze. 

This also means it can be unusually peaceful there,  sometimes you can hear the birds sing which is very odd compared to the drum and bass or whatever you expect. 

On 4/5/2016 at 4:31 PM, Brave Sir Robin said:

Yeah E25 is nowhere near as bad as E15. And they've been known to open up another field beyond that too. We're also hiring a caravan this year so see you there!

See you there then! 

On 4/5/2016 at 2:34 AM, clarkete said:

This also means it can be unusually peaceful there,  sometimes you can hear the birds sing which is very odd compared to the drum and bass or whatever you expect. 

I hope that only the best vocalists birds are booked for Glastonbury 2016 ;)

Edited by e2p2