Weather 2016

Keithy

14 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

'07 wasn't this muddy from the off. Conditions underfoot worse IMO.

The sun is nice but at this stage it becomes a mixed blessing - causes the ground to turn to clay a lot quicker, makes walking a lot more of a task than just walking through liquid mud and massively slows down foot traffic between stages as a result. Oh well, not like we can control any of this...

Very true. Hope you're enjoying yourself whatever the weather! 

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

07 just got worse as the festival continued.

I seem to remember a lot of people seem to give up watching bands on the Sunday .

I made the effort to walk from Big Ground to Other Stage for Chemical Brothers and it was an effort getting there and back .  I know two nights I had to sleep in my walking boots as there was too much mud on em to take em off.

It pissed it down during The Chems and I just knew that the car parks were going to be a problem on the Monday.

I Just hope they get a decent Sunday so the car parks can dry out otherwise it is going to be horrendous , I know a mate got there early Wednesday into the East car parks ok ,  but is really worried about getting out on Monday !

My memories of 07 are that it rained almost continually the whole festival which meant ground conditions got continually  worse and some of the market areas were impassable.  Plus it made watching bands horrible.  Yes it's muddy underfoot this year but the actual weather isn't so bad. Could sit down at the back of the Pyramid yesterday (on a survival blanket). Wouldn't have wanted to do that in 2007. Had to take a big detour back from Arcadia  last night though as mud on one of the metal walkways had gone super sticky and people were getting stuck.

Edited by katiepougher
Typo

Thanks both. I'm a local thinking of going on site tomorrow and was hoping to get away with my DMs. Don't care what state they (or my trousers) get into as I'll be heading home to a hot shower before bed. But I really hate walking for hours in wellies!

Absolutely glorious afternoon. Near miss with some very dark clouds just passing by us which provided  the now compulsory glasto rainbow. happily sat at the pyramid with a very excited Mrs perfect waiting for Adele 

Have a good night fellow glastonbury lovers.  X

Ankle injury stopped play for me yesterday afternoon and I was forced to leave the site. The walk/limp out to gate D and yellow car parks wasn't fun. Some parts of the walk were completely fine, but there were also some nightmarish parts. I'm not sure how it'll be after today's rain, hopefully not too bad.

Yellow car park was drivable but we were fortunate to be leaving when no one else was, so the car park stewards were on hand to give us a couple pushes. There are tractors about taking cars out of some of the problem areas which will be a long slow process tonight and tomorrow. My advice to anyone is allow a lot more time than you expect to get out. 

Good luck to everyone and enjoy the rest of the day. 

Edited by deefer6