Confirmed Food Vendors 2016

JoBalls

The famous Welsh Oggie is there, I will be working for them.  First time I've worked at Glastonbury but missing the festival was simply not an option.  Does anyone have experience of working for a food trader? (I am expecting hard graft!)

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Derbyfc said:

The famous Welsh Oggie is there, I will be working for them.  First time I've worked at Glastonbury but missing the festival was simply not an option.  Does anyone have experience of working for a food trader? (I am expecting hard graft!)

Good news, love the Welsh Oggie, especially when they go down to a quid a pop on the Sunday

Food at Glastonbury is one of the great joys of the festival. I've been to many a food festival that doesn't have the quality and range of food you get at Glastonbury. Have been known to miss bands as it means not walking past my favourite food stall

Tor Rugby club; Greene Brownie company; Jerk Chicken by Leftfield and Children's World cafe are a must for me. As a few others said there was a new pie stall between pyramid and Williams green that was good last year

On 11/05/2016 at 10:48 PM, StoneCircle said:

I also carry Hendos in a plastic bottle!  Lived in Sheffield until 2014 - now n Cornwall......

Tha does reight 'n all lad.

If anyone is scratching their head out there about Hendo's read this 

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/the-northerner/2014/jan/22/mp-disses-hendersons-relish-and-incurs-the-wrath-of-sheffield-and-nick-clegg-gets-a-bit-cross

Love the last quote in the article.  Classic.

1 hour ago, cammie81 said:

Where is the rac shack?

If you're standing at the cider bus and looking at the pyramid stage (behind that other bar, right in front of you) then look left, and you'll see the wooden splendour of the rac shack. Bloody lovely. 

1 minute ago, balti-pie said:

If you're standing at the cider bus and looking at the pyramid stage (behind that other bar, right in front of you) then look left, and you'll see the wooden splendour of the rac shack. Bloody lovely. 

Thanks Balti, I don't plan much but I'm planning on seeking this place out.

It's really good late night nosebaggery - there's a hot dog with a kind of herby merguez type sausage in a squashy white bun, slathered in loads of melted cheese. Holy crap I'm hungry just thinking about it . . . . if you see a big fucker salivating by the stall, pint of hot n spicy in his hand, there's a decent chance it's me :lol:

Edited by balti-pie

23 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

It's really good late night nosebaggery - there's a hot dog with a kind of herby merguez type sausage in a squashy white bun, slathered in loads of melted cheese. Holy crap I'm hungry just thinking about it . . . . if you see a big fucker salivating by the stall, pint of hot n spicy in his hand, there's a decent chance it's me :lol:

That hot dog is the specific thing I'm interested in as funny about potatoes.

last two festivals I found that food stalls were very busy - never much space to sit down.. probably picked wrong times I guess - but I ended up with street food mostly that you can walk and eat with. Nice place doing indian wraps top of theatre field was tried more than once. .  

In past the giant filled  yorkshire puds to Pyramid left were good, jerk chicken in between pyramid right and other, the tea tent which also sells good food up  crossaint neuf bandstand (always try on a thursday and watch biggles wartime band in the sun)... ahhh

2 hours ago, Derbyfc said:

BEST. NEWS. EVER.

3 hours ago, warriormonk said:

Tha does reight 'n all lad.

If anyone is scratching their head out there about Hendo's read this 

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/the-northerner/2014/jan/22/mp-disses-hendersons-relish-and-incurs-the-wrath-of-sheffield-and-nick-clegg-gets-a-bit-cross

Love the last quote in the article.  Classic.

Lass if you please ;)

12 hours ago, phil the shrew said:

Food at Glastonbury is one of the great joys of the festival. I've been to many a food festival that doesn't have the quality and range of food you get at Glastonbury. Have been known to miss bands as it means not walking past my favourite food stall

Tor Rugby club; Greene Brownie company; Jerk Chicken by Leftfield and Children's World cafe are a must for me. As a few others said there was a new pie stall between pyramid and Williams green that was good last year

Barnaby Sykes pie company they were called, they're at a lot of festivals/events nowadays, I enjoyed it though

Theyll be back this year 

The veggie Mexican place in the Park last year was pretty special. Can recommend the burrito. In fact, the Park was amazing for food in general.

Last year was my first Glastonbury and I think I got more excited about the food than the music...