Baggy Monday's

A Guy Called Matt

50 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Devastating comment on the rest of the entertainment on Thursday that the most popular thing is essentially an indie disco from 1994

A bloody good indie disco from 1994.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to BM last year and stood outside. Was marginally enjoyable for a bit in the sunshine but halfway through they turned the volume right down so you couldnt hear unless you were inside.

The block 9 old skool bash was good though - although had to stand right at the front to hear anything.

The Thursday night noise restriction thing makes having music acts on a bit odd.

i'll always remember that it's where I was when the Michael Jackson news broke in '09...was wondering why they started playing MJ tunes later on, and then people were motioning to their phones with the news...

i've gone 3 times - choosing it over Boy George in 2010 - each time less fun than previous...

getting early for the Stones is one thing...but as Mardy just alluded to, for what it is, and all else going on, it's not worth my hassle this year..

1 hour ago, tevaburger said:

i'll always remember that it's where I was when the Michael Jackson news broke in '09...was wondering why they started playing MJ tunes later on, and then people were motioning to their phones with the news...

i've gone 3 times - choosing it over Boy George in 2010 - each time less fun than previous...

I had just finished watching East 17 in 2009 when Brian Harvey announced that Michael Jackson was dead; Boy George was ace in 2010.

Loitered around Baggy Monday's last year, over crowded and over rated. Stumbeld into the bimble inn and watched Rodney Branigan instead; magic night.

As others have said, plenty of other good entertainment going on around the site; go with the flow, you'll be amazed :)

Edited by oneeye

37 minutes ago, The Orgazoid said:

I keep seeing passing mentions of a "I am the Resurrection" sunset sing along. Can someone fill me in on the details? It sounds like something  I  would very much like to get involved with. 

I suspect it's nothing more complicated than I Am The Resurrection being played as the sun sets, although I may be wrong.

5 hours ago, The Orgazoid said:

I keep seeing passing mentions of a "I am the Resurrection" sunset sing along. Can someone fill me in on the details? It sounds like something  I  would very much like to get involved with. 

This happened one year (there's a video from 2010 as well which is terrible quality) and it's just become a yearly thing that always happens

7 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

The apostrophe in foo's could be argued to replace fighter. The apostrophe in this thread title was like a rusty nail digging in my skull until I pacified myself with baggy Monday's disco. 

And now I've typed that the nail is back as it'd probably be baggy Mondays' disco. Damn my pedantry. Damn it all the way to hades. 

Yep, that would only work if there was one Monday. So if it was Monday, that'd be fine - it's the disco belonging to this specific Monday. But on a Thursday? It would be belonging to Mondays plural. We can't have the disco on Monday, as the festival has finished... There's only one thing for it:

We have to move the days of the festival. Tell Emily.

19 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Yep, that would only work if there was one Monday. So if it was Monday, that'd be fine - it's the disco belonging to this specific Monday. But on a Thursday? It would be belonging to Mondays plural. We can't have the disco on Monday, as the festival has finished... There's only one thing for it:

We have to move the days of the festival. Tell Emily.

Rules, man. They apply not to names, lower-case stuartbert. 

8 hours ago, Purple aki squat said:

It's just a pissed up singalong from what I've seen of it. Just like brothers bar in west holts but they give it a name.

More fun to be had elsewhere in my opinion.

Stone circle and Avalon is my preferred Thursday night

What times the Brothers Bar open till usually anyway? I'd like to go along for a sing along one night

This was great in 2009 as you could get out and get back in easily! Then word got round about it so it was packed the following year and in 2011 after someone pissed up the back of our mate's leg in the queue we never bothered with it again.

I hope that the Propaganda DJs/Absolute Power Silent Disco on the Wednesday doesn't suffer a similar fate, had an absolute blast in there the past two years!

On 2/13/2016 at 0:10 PM, Alan_C said:

Only on the Thursday. Was absolutely brilliant last year.

If I recall correctly it was extended because it was one of their birthdays. Great fun; one of my must not misses every year.