At the drive in tour finishing 23rd June

chris_top_her

1 hour ago, Pbird81 said:

Only thing is, they'll have done Europe, and gone back to the states - does that make it less likely?

think I'm going to have get tickets for the Roundhouse in March....

Yeah when I saw the tour dates it made me think the opposite to OP and that it's more or less ruled out with them just finishing the tour. Also they'll have Amnesia Rockfest to add on Glasto weekend when it announces as that's close to where they finish the tour. Hopefully this is just the pre-album tour and when they get the album released they come back and play loads of dates around the place.

Edited by dentalplan

Oh god...please let this happen!

One of the first live bands I saw.  Reading Fetsival 1998. They tore that Van's stage to the ground! (not literally) Don't think any live performance I've seen since has bettered that show.  

Other Stage would be pretty damn cool.

50 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah when I saw the tour dates it made me think the opposite to OP and that it's more or less ruled out with them just finishing the tour. Also they'll have Amnesia Rockfest to add on Glasto weekend when it announces as that's close to where they finish the tour. Hopefully this is just the pre-album tour and when they get the album released they come back and play loads of dates around the place.

yeah, my thoughts were that their dates make them very unlikely. if they announce another european date in june/july then lots of hope, but as it stands I don't expect to see them at Glastonbury at all.

1 hour ago, TomViolence said:

The last tour got a bit of flak but that reading set was ace!

I saw them on the last tour and Omar didn't seem to be feeling it.  Apparently his mother had died before the tour started so it is kind of understandable.  I saw The Mars Volta twice the same year and there was much more energy from everyone at both gigs.  That having been said, it was still a great gig and I'm gonna be attempting to get some Roundhouse tickets.

Edited by HoTWire