First Announcement Prediction

oneoftherest

1 minute ago, Yellow_Fellow said:

why are you making circulation stats up on the spot?

NME has a distro of 300k and it doesn't have a 1:1 distro to reader so 

Fine, 300k in print. Still makes it the biggest print music magazine in the country by quite some distance.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Yellow_Fellow said:

Except it isn't 300k, 300k copies are available.

Being the biggest print music magazine in the UK in 2015 is hardly an accolade...

And the team behind R&L will want to know how many copies are published/what the take up rate is. As a free magazine, hand-distributed in London and in key locations around the country, that's a huge, huge tool to capitalise on. They've got nothing to lose by pushing the announcement back by a few days so NME can 'have the exclusive'. It'll be online at the same time anyway.

And there's still a lot or power left in print media. 'The Industry' loves it. 

2 minutes ago, dip said:

And the team behind R&L will want to know how many copies are published/what the take up rate is. As a free magazine, hand-distributed in London and in key locations around the country, that's a huge, huge tool to capitalise on. They've got nothing to lose by pushing the announcement back by a few days so NME can 'have the exclusive'. It'll be online at the same time anyway.

And there's still a lot or power left in print media. 'The Industry' loves it. 

They've got very little to gain from it, too. 

There's fuck all power left in print media, you're talking rubbish.

9 minutes ago, dip said:

They might have nothing to lose but what is there to gain from waiting for the NME to go to print (other than if having the print exclusive is part of their sponsorship deal)? If it's going to be in there, then it's going to be in there whether it's announced the night before of three days before. Yes it's publicity but nobody rushes out to get NME as the initial source of any information any more. 

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

That's the best part of a decade ago now, and they've wisely kept their heads down ever since.

Mind you, I always thought RHCP were decidedly average as a live act for years before that, and I reckon those damned R/L shows was merely others catching up.

When I first saw them I remember it being great (London Arena in about 2002/3 I think on the By the Way tour) and each time thereafter it got worse. Earls Court for Stadium Arcadium which was ill advised and shit and I can't recall why I bothered at Reading when I expected it to be as bad as it was.

So yeah, I shoulda seen the signs long before I did.

3 hours ago, kaosmark2 said:

Dude, you used to use scatty reasoning to try and explain your predictions. Your logic was flawed, but you actually contributed and I made efforts to defend you because of it. Now you just spout shit without trying to justify it, while arguing about how you're right and moaning about other posters calling you out. 

To be honest and infairness given your usual input towarda me, I assumed you were being sarcy/taking the piss etc, but if not then apologies.

5 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Because it's not just my header, it's collective so it's we. And it won't be Foals 1st, they still have loads of cheap seats to sell out for their tour.

It's not "we" if you're the only one who would be "bitching" about it. Which is likely, most other people who aren't keen on them headlining have no doubt already gotten over it. 

You bring up at any opportunity how shit you think they are, and how you think it's a terrible booking if it happens. That's what's pathetic.

15 minutes ago, #FreeComTruise said:

It's not "we" if you're the only one who would be "bitching" about it. Which is likely, most other people who aren't keen on them headlining have no doubt already gotten over it. 

You bring up at any opportunity how shit you think they are, and how you think it's a terrible booking if it happens. That's what's pathetic.

Ah, you're getting at the comment I used as general banter?, you know similar to people's comments last night and today for the phonics at iow.

Obviously they will have the line up announcement in the NME but if it's in this weeks NME then it will get leaked early because of the time the free print issues go out on a friday morning, so I don't think they will have in it in there until next week. And as MrTourette said no one goes to the NME for information anymore, the core demographic for Reading and Leeds is 16-20 year olds and they'll all be on twitter getting the information 

5 hours ago, mrtourette said:

You've read his posts right?

Seriously though, someone like willutalk builds up a low rep just by being a shit poster.

This forum can have such a sense of Community. Or should I say absence here. Most of the time I adore talking to people that share a passion of music, but being slated like this ain't no fun at all.

50 minutes ago, Callum_96 said:

Obviously they will have the line up announcement in the NME but if it's in this weeks NME then it will get leaked early because of the time the free print issues go out on a friday morning, so I don't think they will have in it in there until next week. 

I would have to agree with you I just think they are going to drip feed acts throughout the day with tickets going on sale from the monday or someting 

55 minutes ago, willutalk said:

This forum can have such a sense of Community. Or should I say absence here. Most of the time I adore talking to people that share a passion of music, but being slated like this ain't no fun at all.

He's just a dick, has been for ages.

18 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

You say that as if I'm not a sarcy little bitch towards everybody.

I don't actually take much notice of most of your posts towards other if I'm honest. But as I say, clearly this time you were being fair so respect where it's due. I had to say based on not a terrible lot as I think R&L this year is the most unpredictable act wise, kind of miss years like that.

39 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Does it not seem likely the reason they're announcing at 8am on Friday is because it's going to coincide with an act announcing a big world tour?

I would defo think it's not an act just playing Reading that's for sure. If it was RHCP it would just be tonight on the radio. It would appear it's an act that want to announce it themselves. The only reason I can see R&L getting 1st dibs on announcing Axl and Slash back together for their fest is if Coachella is too soon for them to play, otherwise it might as well confirm one of their headers.