First Announcement Prediction

oneoftherest

Free print is still a big medium, that's how the metro survives and its how NME will continue, commuters read these and saying "the core demographic doesn't read it" is stupid, do you think festival republic only market to one group of people? Even so, young people and gig goers and music fans still read the NME, therefore yes R+L will use it

I don't really see the point in the argument as I couldn't care less if it's in it or not but if print was dead then people wouldn't pay to have their ads in magazines anymore

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never said the core demographic don't read it, I said they don't go to the NME for their information anymore cause it's all at the tip of their fingers. I certainly think they have a target audience that they aim at, like every brand and company have, you can't say looking at the last couple of years line ups that they don't have a set audience they are aiming at. 

After getting the NME the first few weeks it came out, calling it a music publication might be a step too far, they are making it more of a cultural magazine and a lot of people I know who used to buy it every week won't even go near it now. 

I am a bit gutted that the announcement is at 8am while I am at work as I would like to know who the big headline act is before I book my tickets just in case it is rubbish. All I can say is that I hope it is early in the morning because of big a reunion announcement than to shift nme copies

Jesus Christ 6 pages in and an irrelevant debate about how many readers NME has...

Exciting rumours this year though, although GNR seems too much of a massive coup for me to have any faith in. Can't get my head around RHCP hanging around or coming back to Europe in August, and haven't the Foals just done an academy tour? Headline status, really?

Edited by Asdaprice

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I don't even care if its presumptuous, but I'm sat listening to Appetite For Destruction and I'm getting on the GNR hype train. 

If GNR are headlining, they won't be in this week's announcement.

Edit: Also if they're not headlining they won't be either.

Edited by dentalplan

1 minute ago, Will-2609 said:

What makes you say that? I thought the reunion announcement was expected to be coming soon. If they're doing their own dates they probably won't wait until the Coachella announcement.

The Coachella announcement is what makes me say that, yeah - that's pretty much the rub with their big name reunions. The expected announcement thing was just because people assumed so due to Slash's tour ending.

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The Coachella announcement is what makes me say that, yeah - that's pretty much the rub with their big name reunions. The expected announcement thing was just because people assumed so due to Slash's tour ending.

Fair. I don't get the 8am announcement though if it isn't somebody announcing a tour.

It's gonna be Green Day.

1 hour ago, Will-2609 said:

Fair. I don't get the 8am announcement though if it isn't somebody announcing a tour.

It's gonna be Green Day.

Dental is right, if GNR are playing and they are doing Coachella which many think would be their 1st output then R&L won't be able to announce until after they have. They money they off will come with the 1st exclusive announcement. Reading can wait, if they have them it's two huge fingers up to Download anyway as it's the booking of the year to get them.

It could be Green Day, rai predicted them, I'd rather it wasn't but with his inclusion of The Prodigy as well, they would fit very well below. They wouldn't go below a RHCP or a Foals booking.

I hate to say it as it'd be shite but if they do book ATDI again, 4th down on Foals day would be a very good decision for the festival.

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Dental is right, if GNR are playing and they are doing Coachella which many think would be their 1st output then R&L won't be able to announce until after they have. They money they off will come with the 1st exclusive announcement. Reading can wait, if they have them it's two huge fingers up to Download anyway as it's the booking of the year to get them.

It could be Green Day, rai predicted them, I'd rather it wasn't but with his inclusion of The Prodigy as well, they would fit very well below. They wouldn't go below a RHCP or a Foals booking.

I hate to say it as it'd be shite but if they do book ATDI again, 4th down on Foals day would be a very good decision for the festival.

Think The Prodigy would work just as well below RHCP as Green Day in terms of musical style.

ATDI would be more likely to do any other day than Foals day imo.