NOS ALIVE 2016

Richi1988

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll have to miss Wolf Alice, Four Tet and probably TDCC but I'm so happy with the trio AF/M83/Ratatat!!! even though ending the festival with "Wake Up" would have been great.

Edit: Radiohead and AF start at the same time but there's no one after Radiohead, so they will get a longer set.

Edited by Noeliam

12 minutes ago, Noeliam said:

I'll have to miss Wolf Alice, Four Tet and probably TDCC but I'm so happy with the trio AF/M83/Ratatat!!! even though ending the festival with "Wake Up" would have been great.

Edit: Radiohead and AF start at the same time but there's no one after Radiohead, so they will get a longer set.

Radiohead will play easily between 2h15 and 2h30 (that's what they've been doing for all other festivals). AF will most likely play around 1h30-1h45. 

Edited by Mirror

Not that I'm any way disappointed with line-up or how they have somehow managed to avoid all of the clashes I was expecting, I'm a bit surprised at the lack of new names on the line up... Huge gap between Father John Misty and TDCC... I guess they want everyone to go see Radiohead!

The lineup section of the website still says 'Many more to be announced'. I guess they forgot to take that off... But is it seriously possible (crowd-control-wise) to have the entire festival in front of main stage during Radiohead?

And for those who have already went before: do we get the set times ahead of the festival or is this it?

6 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

The lineup section of the website still says 'Many more to be announced'. I guess they forgot to take that off... But is it seriously possible (crowd-control-wise) to have the entire festival in front of main stage during Radiohead?

And for those who have already went before: do we get the set times ahead of the festival or is this it?

I'm pretty sure last time Radiohead headlined nobody clashed with them. 

Happy to see that Two Door Cinema Club doesn't clash with the mainstage but now you got 50,000 people watching Radiohead and directly after that mass migration to the Heineken stage which has a capacity of maybe 15-20,000? Looks as a recipe for chaos to me.

Looking at this for 2017. My only other non UK fesival has been Benicassim.  Been there a few times, how does this compare? What's the ticket and hotel deals like, are they value for money? Cheers.

5 hours ago, stubbs said:

Looking at this for 2017. My only other non UK fesival has been Benicassim.  Been there a few times, how does this compare? What's the ticket and hotel deals like, are they value for money? Cheers.

Tickets for the festival are £89 so pretty much the same as beni, similar sized arena, extremely well organized (not always the case with beni). Really cheap drinks for a festival & also get a free lanyard and hat on arrival. Don't get me wrong beni is awesome but you won't be disappointed with Nos!

4 hours ago, aj3000and12 said:

Well this has worked out very nicely. All my major clash fears expect Father John Misty and Tame Impala have been avoided. 

Can someone who has been before remind me how long it takes to walk between between the two main stages? 

Literally a few minutes between each stage, so absolutely no bother going from one act to the next.

9 hours ago, Richi1988 said:

Tickets for the festival are £89 so pretty much the same as beni, similar sized arena, extremely well organized (not always the case with beni). Really cheap drinks for a festival & also get a free lanyard and hat on arrival. Don't get me wrong beni is awesome but you won't be disappointed with Nos!

Literally a few minutes between each stage, so absolutely no bother going from one act to the next.

I went to Beni last year and thought drink were well expensive so pleased to hear they are cheaper here. Can you remember how much they were last year out of interest?

1 hour ago, oxford20 said:

I went to Beni last year and thought drink were well expensive so pleased to hear they are cheaper here. Can you remember how much they were last year out of interest?

I only bought pints while I was in there so couldn't give you a full range of prices but a pint of cider/larger was €3.50

Hello guys! I've been following this forum (and specifically this thread) for a while now, and decided to sign up now that NOS Alive is around the corner :)

Quite happy with the time schedule (except for Biffy/Bob Moses clash, Courtney Barnett/Foals and FTM/Tame Impala) but overall really satisfied. My Friday schedule is stuffed with great artists! Bit weird that there is nothing else playing when Radiohead takes the main stage, as noted before. I'm affraid it will be super crowded then...

I'm leaving for Portugal in a week and was wondering if people who have been there before know some recommendations when it comes to nice sightseeing spots. Not too touristic if possible. Already on my list: Sintra, Oceanario and Belem. And Carcavelos beach, which is the best one from what I've heard ^_^

4 hours ago, Richi1988 said:

I only bought pints while I was in there so couldn't give you a full range of prices but a pint of cider/larger was €3.50

3,50 euros sounds rather expensive to be honest. I'm used to Rock Werchter prices where they charge 2,50 for a beer. Or is this 3,50-beer a big one? Also, do you pay with tickets, a festival card or cash at the festival? And can you also use pin cards to pay there in stead of cash?

Looking forward to my holiday & the festival :D Cheers!

1 hour ago, Morphweasel said:

Hello guys! I've been following this forum (and specifically this thread) for a while now, and decided to sign up now that NOS Alive is around the corner :)

Quite happy with the time schedule (except for Biffy/Bob Moses clash, Courtney Barnett/Foals and FTM/Tame Impala) but overall really satisfied. My Friday schedule is stuffed with great artists! Bit weird that there is nothing else playing when Radiohead takes the main stage, as noted before. I'm affraid it will be super crowded then...

I'm leaving for Portugal in a week and was wondering if people who have been there before know some recommendations when it comes to nice sightseeing spots. Not too touristic if possible. Already on my list: Sintra, Oceanario and Belem. And Carcavelos beach, which is the best one from what I've heard ^_^

3,50 euros sounds rather expensive to be honest. I'm used to Rock Werchter prices where they charge 2,50 for a beer. Or is this 3,50-beer a big one? Also, do you pay with tickets, a festival card or cash at the festival? And can you also use pin cards to pay there in stead of cash?

Looking forward to my holiday & the festival :D Cheers!

I was comparing to beni which is €9 (albeit for a big one). Size is a pint and payed in cash (hardly any queues don't worry). I've never tried paying with a card so can't answer that unfortunately, but I'd turn up with cash to be on the safe side. ENJOY!!

I knew that the 8th will be problematic day with clashes, as I almost want to see every show on that day. I'm thinking just to see part of Tame Impala and then go to FJM. I will get a very far spot for Radiohead, but I rather see 2 fav shows than being in just of one of them closer to the stage.

Clashes work pretty well for me - my only small gripe is M83 / Grimes, but will probably opt for Grimes. The Radiohead night sounds like potential chaos.... can anyone who's been before put my mind at ease?  How easy is it to get a good spot for the big Saturday headliner, or will Thom and Co be microscopic in the distance somewhere? The mass exodus to Hot Chip sounds potentially chaotic too!