NOS ALIVE 2016

Richi1988

36 minutes ago, broken monkey said:

Last year there was a stall selling half a bottle of red, white and rosé wine for 5euros each which was a super bargain. It was directly opposite/facing the Heineken Stage.

Can you remember how much a pint was?* And was there a deal on? (I.e. 3 pints for a tenner or whatever)

Also, just read that you can't bring plastic bottles in. That's a bit shit since I'll need 2/3 bottles of water each night to ensure I don't turn into a walking raisin.

*Edit: Pint of beer that is. 

Edited by jparx

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

53 minutes ago, broken monkey said:

Last year there was a stall selling half a bottle of red, white and rosé wine for 5euros each which was a super bargain. It was directly opposite/facing the Heineken Stage.

Thanks, that sounds perfect 

1 hour ago, jparx said:

Can you remember how much a pint was?* And was there a deal on? (I.e. 3 pints for a tenner or whatever)

Also, just read that you can't bring plastic bottles in. That's a bit shit since I'll need 2/3 bottles of water each night to ensure I don't turn into a walking raisin.

*Edit: Pint of beer that is. 

Not sure exactly on pint prices, probably around 4/5 euros but I remember the choice of Heineken and Tuborg wasn't exactly thrilling so we stuck to wine. Shame that Super Bock sponsors the rival Lisbon music festival as it's a really nice beer.

Those staying in Lisbon itself and getting the train from Cais do Sodre, make sure you check out the Time Out Mercado da Ribeira opposite the station, some fantastic food at decent prices.

God, wish I was going back to Nos Alive this year - you guys will have a brilliant time!

There's a fan zone with a big screen at the Praça do Comércio (comercio square) in downtown Lisbon by the river. See pics below. The atmosphere will be amazing for the Portugal v Wales semi final on Wednesday but I imagine it'll be impossible to get anywhere near the screen! 

Someone previously mentioned that there was also a big screen for the World Cup in 2014 at the Parque Eduardo VII but apparently there isn't one there this time.  Instead there is a fan park at Alameda. See pic below with the park/trees.

13578693_10153821139514007_1421609351_n.jpg

13595802_10153821139599007_1523919825_n.jpg

13576529_10153821158729007_574625062_n.jpg

Really looking forward to this now, exactly what's needed to comfort my Glastonbury blues. Arriving Lisbon Tuesday gonna head to the Comercio Square for the Semi final. We have bought tickets through Dice, anybody know the deal with picking up our tickets once there? Just go to the general ticket office at the festival site?

13 hours ago, whatwhenwhere said:

Anyone know what the deal is with the camp site if our tickets are combined camping/festival? Obviously I can't hand them over to the campsite a day before the festival actually begins...

The campsite have a stand where they will swap your tickets for a festival wrist band, so simply head to the campsite and they will sort u out

41 minutes ago, MichaelsBeard said:

Arrived in Faro. Heading to Lisbon at 7am on the train. Trying to shake off a cold that's developing - just my luck. Ha

We've been in Porto since Saturday and I've had the flu the whole time. Feeling like utter shit.

Still had a great time though - Porto is an amazing city. 

On 2 July 2016 at 4:08 PM, Uncle Liam said:

What's the beer situation like at the fan park?

Arriving in Lisbon on Monday.

Just headed down to the square to case the joint for tonight. Whole thing sponsored by carlsberg so plenty of small bars dotted around the place. All the eateries on the outskirts sell beer on tap too

23 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

Arrived in Lisbon last night but my suitcase hasn't. Trying not to let it get me down cos I'm so excited for the festival but I don't know what to do if the bag doesn't arrive :(

Just planning to drink lots and watch the football tonight.

That sucks ass big time! Hope it turns up soon. As long as you got your festival ticket and some cash on you you'll be fine. Try not to let it get you down 

Arrived at a hotel only 30 mins walk up the hill from the festival yesterday. 

Took a walk down today and festival grounds are open for anyone to wander round. Still stuff getting set up, quite a small venue vs UK sites I'm used to. 

Absolutely buzzing for tomorrow. Burnt myself on my first day so avoiding sun today so im good tomorrow.

Here by myself so a bit nervous about it all! Another lonely person looking for a Hi if anyone spots! Haha

Forgive me if this has been covered but I'm on hotel wifi and it would be a mission to search through this thread.

How is best to get back from the festival if you're staying in town? We're to currently looking at taxi which obviously isn't ideal. Any better ideas?

Suggestions much appreciated! Have an amazing time everyone! Hopefully I'll be stood next to you tomorrow night when the Pixies burst into Debaser :)

12 minutes ago, jparx said:

Forgive me if this has been covered but I'm on hotel wifi and it would be a mission to search through this thread.

How is best to get back from the festival if you're staying in town? We're to currently looking at taxi which obviously isn't ideal. Any better ideas?

Suggestions much appreciated! Have an amazing time everyone! Hopefully I'll be stood next to you tomorrow night when the Pixies burst into Debaser :)

Where in town are you staying? I would say catch a train to Cais do Sodré and then bus or taxi

8 minutes ago, Mirror said:

Where in town are you staying? I would say catch a train to Cais do Sodré and then bus or taxi

We're at the Marriott. It's to the north, a bit further out of town than we first realised! That sounds like a good idea - better than getting the taxi for the entire trip back!