Richi1988

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 5/14/2016 at 2:22 PM, visdave34 said:

Mine haven't yet arrived either (Netherlands). Have you also booked with Festicket?

I booked mine with Festicket and not got them yet. Think they're in the process of sending them because I got an email last week to advise they can no longer change address details in time for delivery

Hi everyone. Portuguese journo here trying to get in touch with foreigners who have been to Nos Alive before and are coming back this year for a story. Anyone care to answer a couple of questions and maybe send a picture of their previous experience with Nos Alive? Please let me know!

Just now, kaytee... said:

Makes sense. Hopefully Festicket get theirs out soon

I should think so. I was surprised mine turned up when they did to be honest. I figured it'd be June or so by the time they arrived.

Definitely not panic stations yet!

On 12-5-2016 at 9:19 PM, TomViolence said:

Ah yes, of course! Ahhhh it definitely seemed further away in my head until you said that :D:D

I'm hoping they have a full string section at NOS. They're only playing a handful of dates and the gaps between each are quite big so it should be feasible!

No full string section in Amsterdam... This was their setlist : 

1) Burn the Witch

2) Play Video

3) Daydreaming

4) Play Video

5) Decks Dark

6) Desert Island Disk

7) Ful Stop

8 Lucky

9) There There

10) Lotus Flower

11) All I Need

12) Talk Show Host

13) Identikit

14) The Numbers

15) Present Tense

16) Separator

17) Nude

18) The National Anthem

19) Everything in Its Right Place

Encore:

20) Give Up the Ghost

21) How to Disappear Completely

22) Karma Police

23) Bloom

24) Street Spirit 

Encore 2:

25) Bodysnatchers

26) Idioteque

Edited by GuyGG

Their setlist at Primavera is going to be fascinating. I think there's a strong chance their festival setlists could be as close to 'greatest hits' as Radiohead will ever get.

Assuming they play 20 songs, I think it'll be 5 from AMSP, which leaves 15 from the back catalogue. Karma Police, Just, Lucky, My Iron Lung, Creep, Paranoid Android, No Surprises and Airbag have all been played or soundchecked. If we get half of those I'll be over the moon! And that's not even including Reckoner, Weird Fishes, HTDC, Pyramid Song etc.........!!!

The 3 first setlists raised my expectations to see a greatest hits too!! I only need: Reckoner, Weird Fishes, Paranoid Android, No Surprises, Creep, True Love Waits, Lucky AND Jigsaw Falling Into Pieces (underated song).

We'll have an idea at Primavera, but I'm sure we're getting something good at NOS :D

3 minutes ago, Noeliam said:

The 3 first setlists raised my expectations to see a greatest hits too!! I only need: Reckoner, Weird Fishes, Paranoid Android, No Surprises, Creep, True Love Waits, Lucky AND Jigsaw Falling Into Pieces (underated song).

We'll have an idea at Primavera, but I'm sure we're getting something good at NOS :D

Only? ;)

And yeah man, Jigsaw is a fantastic song. 2nd best from In Rainbows.

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Only? ;)

And yeah man, Jigsaw is a fantastic song. 2nd best from In Rainbows.

Well,  I loved A Moon Shaped Pool so that's 6-7 more songs I will be thrilled to listen to, and...

it's amazing that it will be umpredictable, only gets more exciting! 

We are gonna have a hell of a night anyway!! I can't wait now. And there's Foals and Tame Impala before them do you realize? and Hot Chip after? best night at a festival (before the following one at NOS, for personal reasons M83 and Arcade Fire gets me even more excited).

Don't get those hopes up for a greatest hits concerts, they don't usually don't do crowd pleasers, even at festivals. Last night in Paris something different happened, maybe it was because it was Phil's birthday or something. They also had Just as an alternative to Creep (that would be awesome, they are probably playing it today).

But they really like Portugal, and last time they were at NOS alive they played 4 songs from OK Computer (Exit Music, Paranoid Android, Climbing up the Walls and Lucky), which was something rare in the TKOL tour. 

Just now, Mirror said:

Don't get those hopes up for a greatest hits concerts, they don't usually don't do crowd pleasers, even at festivals. Last night in Paris something different happened, maybe it was because it was Phil's birthday or something. They also had Just as an alternative to Creep (that would be awesome, they are probably playing it today).

But they really like Portugal, and last time they were at NOS alive they played 4 songs from OK Computer (Exit Music, Paranoid Android, Climbing up the Walls and Lucky), which was something rare in the TKOL tour. 

In fairness, they played all sorts of classics in Amsterdam too. If they are willing to delve so heavily into their back catalogue for gigs aimed at their most hardcore fans, they will definitely do it at festival shows!