NOS ALIVE 2016

Richi1988

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

At Cais do Sodre train station to beat the ticket queues go down to the metro and up the steps straight ahead (Combinas or something) and there are 3/4 ticket machines and a ticket booth for people linking from Metro to train with very small queues - then straight through the barriers and up to the platforms.

42 minutes ago, Limpet said:

Radiohead were so quiet. Moved around loads to try and get a good spot. Spoilt it for me and left early. Thank god I saw them at the roundhouse 

They were definitely quiet. I thought Chems were quiet as well last night.

That being said, we edged in closer and it was a lot better. Sound quality also improved as the show went on. Really enjoyed it overall. Exit Music, Identikit and Nude were amazing. Reckoner was obviously a treat!

I have an long story about my experience near the front which includes violence and people feinting and such but as I said, it IS long, let me know if you want the full story. But yeah, brilliant night overall, i had a great spot and thought the crowd participation was great! 

4 hours ago, Idioteque18 said:

I have an long story about my experience near the front which includes violence and people feinting and such but as I said, it IS long, let me know if you want the full story. But yeah, brilliant night overall, i had a great spot and thought the crowd participation was great! 

Go on.

Was in the pit on the right side for Tame Impala/Radiohead and it got pretty stuffy a lot of the time. It's what you expect though, didn't let it ruin anything for me. 

Two great days of gigs for me. The Plant/Pixies/Chems/2manydjs yesterday and Tame Impala/Radiohead/Hot Chip runs were both excellent. 

Shame to hear RH were quiet, I didn't notice being near the front. Gig was brilliant I thought. Better than the Roundhouse one I attended. That run on songs between Reckoner and Karma Police :o

2 minutes ago, redstar99 said:

Hotchip were absolutely sensational the entire tent was going nuts for the whole set. The best atmosphere ive experienced at NOS so far in there, so many happy faces...it was electric 

Just to rub it in for the poster above you lol

I also was to the right side of the pit after getting a good spot before Tame Impala and had no issue with the sound and good to hear a crowd really listening during the quiet bits. It looked like the screens were only showing the arty close ups of the band so I do feel sorry for the majority of the crowd who probably couldn't see what was going on. God my middle-aged legs were aching by the end tho! Gave Hot Chip a miss but luckily will see them at Bestial.

2 hours ago, Deckard said:

I also was to the right side of the pit after getting a good spot before Tame Impala and had no issue with the sound and good to hear a crowd really listening during the quiet bits. It looked like the screens were only showing the arty close ups of the band so I do feel sorry for the majority of the crowd who probably couldn't see what was going on. God my middle-aged legs were aching by the end tho! Gave Hot Chip a miss but luckily will see them at Bestial.

Seem to have renamed Bestival there!

4 hours ago, Richi1988 said:

I don't know about anybody else, but I am disappointed with myself for missing hot chip!

damn you half pints of wine!

We left before Hot Chip too. I'm sure it was great but the missus and I have had the flu all week and we just couldn't make it through the rest of the evening :P 

Can't feel too disappointed after how amazing Radiohead was though!

I had a good time at nos alive. 

I was relatively happy with the sound, it could have been louder, but it's been much worse at many other festivals.

Two Door cinema club were great, and not as busy as I thought it would be. 

Was great to see John cooper Clarke

I wasn't impressed with the lack of water or soft drinks, but after the first day took in 1.5l bottle and hide the lid.

The zombie hoard walk to the station was understandable, everyone would not have fitted through the station subway, but the road should have been well lit.

There should have been more blocks of toilets.

It would have been good if the coffee tobacco stall were not by the main stage so that you could see more of the sea.

Tame Impala were my highlight by far. 

Was really dissapointed in Radiohead. 

I I wasn't all that far back and they were so quiet. Could hear everyone around me chatting over them. 

Not just the volume but the sound wasn't great full stop. It did improve further into the set, volume still could've done with being higher at end. 

I thought the chemical brothers were fine the day before, was further back and much easier to hear. 

Soulwax and Ratatat some other highlights. Biffy awesome as usual . Robert plant surprisingly great. 

I I can't believe all the moaning though! It's crazy on Facebook. 

The walk was fine, if anything enjoyable after a long day cramped and not moving much. 

Anyone that thinks they should've opened the tunnel to metro from festival side is CRAZY. Would've been death by squishing. 

It did feel a tad overcrowded on site, just maybe a few thousand less and it would've made a big difference in those walkways between stages past the food stalls. 

Water etc was fine, I expect to spend money at a festival. 'Twas fine. 

All in all fantastic :)

Edited by Duncan1234

what an incredible 4 days. Musically it was the best thing ive been to. Im a little emotional even thinking about it!

Chems 10/10

Arcade fire 100 / 10

Radiohead 1000000000000 / 10  (never seen anything like this, it was awe inspiring). 

Hot Chip, Grimes (world princess part 2 --> Kill vs maim took the foking roof off the heineken stage!), 2manydjs, all SUPERB. so many memories. would go again if the lineup is even half as good next year.

Echoing the issues with the festival, toilet situation not great (why hide the 2nd toilets miles away in the corner), the bottled water thing with the lids has to be the stupidest thing ive ever heard of. Do you want people to pass out?? Like wtf.  Luckily the people serving also realisedit was ridiculous and would sneak me my bottle caps :D Getting out of the festival was a bit long winded with the 1 train every 5 years plan they decided to stick with.

Little highlight though had to be on the train on the last day coming back, somebody had some kind of ghetto blaster around his neck and while we waited for around 40mins for the train to leave he put on radiohead and it just turned into a massive sing along. He threw in some arcade fire too! 

I thought the festival was really friendly in a wonderful location. If it has a lineup you really like 100% go. Dare i say it, it was my best festival experience this year. 

We arrived back home last night. Ended bailing on the last night of the festival due to really bad illness, but we had a really great time the first two days and for £95 or whatever it was definitely value for money.

On a different note though, Portuguese television was broadcasting ALL of Radiohead's set in full late Saturday night/Sunday morning. With that in mind, a full pro shot version of the set must be floating around the internet somewhere! If anyone finds it, I'd really appreciate a heads up! I'll post a link here if I find it too.  

36 minutes ago, jparx said:

We arrived back home last night. Ended bailing on the last night of the festival due to really bad illness, but we had a really great time the first two days and for £95 or whatever it was definitely value for money.

On a different note though, Portuguese television was broadcasting ALL of Radiohead's set in full late Saturday night/Sunday morning. With that in mind, a full pro shot version of the set must be floating around the internet somewhere! If anyone finds it, I'd really appreciate a heads up! I'll post a link here if I find it too.  

It's already on YouTube! But only in SD. 

Musically wise it was a Great festival for me: Arcade Fire, Radiohead, Wolf Alice, Grimes, Foals and Tame Impala, all awesome and great.

2 minutes ago, cammie81 said:

Anyone still here go out last night? Was amazeballs.

Yeah, went down to the main square to watch the footy then to a few bars and cafes on the way back to my hotel. Rubbish match but a truly amazing atmosphere after the final whistle