Latitude 2016

Amy Lawn

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

I reckon that if they are headlining the Other stage at Glaso this year then they are big enough to headline Latitude, it's a fairly good match.

When Arcade Fire & Elbow headlined Latitude they were early evening on the Other Stage.

Oh right, I was going by festivals they've headlined in recent years.

New Order would be a fairly uninspiring and safe booking but they're a crowds pleaser so can't blame Latitude for booking them. Definitely can't see both them and Massive Attack headlining though (not due to similarity - just because they're both pretty old acts) so if NO are in I think MA are out. You'd hope at least one of the other two will be a little more inspired though - The Maccabees and somebody a bit out of the box

11 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

New Order would be a fairly uninspiring and safe booking but they're a crowds pleaser so can't blame Latitude for booking them. Definitely can't see both them and Massive Attack headlining though (not due to similarity - just because they're both pretty old acts) so if NO are in I think MA are out. You'd hope at least one of the other two will be a little more inspired though - The Maccabees and somebody a bit out of the box

Portishead and Noel played last year so the it kind of has the same appeal. Plus Melvin has raved about Young Fathers saying they could headline. Sadly, I dont believe that but I can see them sharing the headliner with Massive Attack. 

I think New Order, Massive + Younger Fathers and Tame Impala(or maccabees...i just cant get into them headlining.) 

3 minutes ago, brayshizzle said:

After seeing the Citadel post and the fact its stated as a London Exclusive, I am throwing them in as a headliner now. 

They've always been down as a London exclusive haven't they? Think Wilderness fest (owned by the same company) is far more likely (although hoping for Glastonbury myself)

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

They've always been down as a London exclusive haven't they? Think Wilderness fest (owned by the same company) is far more likely (although hoping for Glastonbury myself)

Decent shout with Glasto to be fair and also Wilderness.

Blind hope at Latitude as its the only UK fest I will make this year. I never realised they were down as a London exclusive, for some reason I had it in my head as a UK exclusive. 

44 minutes ago, brayshizzle said:

Decent shout with Glasto to be fair and also Wilderness.

Blind hope at Latitude as its the only UK fest I will make this year. I never realised they were down as a London exclusive, for some reason I had it in my head as a UK exclusive. 

It's listed as one of their two UK shows of the year so got one more left to be announced. Wilderness definitely makes the most sense though 

Got a feeling it won't be Sigur Ros for Latitude as they were unhappy at Bestival because they were promised a night-time slot, but as subheadliners it was more of a sunset slot.  As it would probably be a 9.30-11pm slot they would have the same problem for the opening songs.

Edited by tillyandthewall

8 minutes ago, tillyandthewall said:

Got a feeling it won't be Sigur Ros for Latitude as they were unhappy at Bestival because they were promised a night-time slot, but as subheadliners it was more of a sunset slot.  As it would probably be a 9.30-11pm slot they would have the same problem for the opening songs.

Pretty sure Bestival was an earlier slot, could be wrong. Plus there was a lot of things wrong with that set, their main issue was the horrendous sound during it. There was a lot of tech issues. Still my favourite show of theirs give the sheer intensity of Untitled 8. They went heavy as fuck during that

I think they could work in the headline slot depending on how their new live production is. If its a slow release into dramatic visuals it could work. If its like their last tour and opening with that curtain around stage it could be difficult. I am hoping though....them at Latitude would be amazing. 

Edited by brayshizzle

36 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Two of them - got a third left to announce, which they're no doubt holding back until SR sell more tickets to their Citadel show

Crystal Fighters are headlining as well as Robert Plant & The Flaming Lips. If they're not, somebody might want to inform them because they posted about it on their Facebook page saying they're delighted to be headlining.

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

17 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Crystal Fighters are headlining as well as Robert Plant & The Flaming Lips. If they're not, somebody might want to inform them because they posted about it on their Facebook page saying they're delighted to be headlining.

Hmm I really didn't think they were but you could be right. If so that just leaves Latitude and Glastonbury in the equation (festival wise - this last UK show could turn out to be their own show, though I doubt it£

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Hmm I really didn't think they were but you could be right. If so that just leaves Latitude and Glastonbury in the equation (festival wise - this last UK show could turn out to be their own show, though I doubt it£

Last year they didn't make it clear that George Clinton was headlining, or at least not on the poster so I wouldn't be surprised if they are.

Seems at odd thing for Crystal Fighters to post on their Facebook page if it isn't true, Wilderness have retweeted it also. 

So around 24 hours to go - how are we all feeling?

I can't believe we have got this close and the only real solid nailed on rumour seems to be Maccabees (Going on what they and Melvin have said rather than where they happen to be the weekend of Latitude)

Got to hand it to Festival Republic for keeping things so close to their chest this year - just hope that means they have something really special to pull out of the bag!