Jcatley

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, sisco said:

Subbing a major festival and then dropping to 2nd stage seems like a bigger drop to me.

Hard 1 to place at Glastonbury if he plays, maybe Other opener is the obvious 1

It's really not dude, it's no different really to the likes of saying Ellie where she subbed Other at Glasto and played 3rd down main at T. He only looks further down on the poster as the others but in equivalent place are likely ot be main stage instead of him.

1 hour ago, Red Day said:

It's possibly the worst line up I've ever seen at a festival.  They are obviously aiming at the mid teen audience.  Suppose they might double their attendance with the children having to take a parent along.

I think it's the worst headers I've seen but like benus below, if I'd be willing to see Bastille, Years and Years, Jake Bugg, Faithless, Jess Glynne and Travis elsewhere then I should be willing to see them at V. I think given how pop orientated it is that if you would watch 6 acts you've done quite well....and I'd probably give Example ago as his older stuff is actually alright and possibly Halsey.

28 minutes ago, benus80 said:

I am going to have my opinion! The headliners are both crap but they is some decent acts on the undercard with the likes of Bastille, kaisers, Jake bugg, faithless, Katy B, Jess glynne, soul 2 soul and Travis. So I will say overall not bad/average line up but could have booked better headliners 

13 minutes ago, Red Day said:

Only band I'd watch out of entire line up so far is faithless

With all due respect though, you are a Download attendee interested in quite a lot, and without stereotyping, there isn't a high chance your taste would cross over for both. It's the same for other friends that attend it but I do enjoy quite a few pop acts and the lesser heavier stuff on that genre.

7 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

I'd only have any interest in seeing Faithless, and I'd see Travis is it was earlier on to hear a few songs from their earlier stuff.

I actually think if we're comparing worst fests then bar The Cribs IOW wins. I'd rather pay for V as at least I would have Faithless as a header option and although Kaisers aren't really my thing now I could still listen to a set from them. If they work the positions correctly then I think V have done well for them.

4 minutes ago, Idioteque18 said:

I'm not going, nor was i intending to go to V Festival, but i can't help but pass on my sympathies to those of you who have seen how great this festival once was, and how hard it has fallen. Saddening. 

I agree on that front, Reading isn't closer to what it was though....but it always had more rock stuff anyway. Last year was somewhat I think a return to form but not necessarily on the main stage.

Edited by thewayiam

30 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

With all due respect though, you are a Download attendee interested in quite a lot, and without stereotyping, there isn't a high chance your taste would cross over for both. It's the same for other friends that attend it but I do enjoy quite a few pop acts and the lesser heavier stuff on that genre.

On there, I'd maybe watch Sia, Faithless, Justin Bieber, James Morrison, Foxes and All Saints. That's a pretty poor final score.

I've got a seriously wide range of tastes. It really isn't that hard to please me with a festival lineup. V is managing the impossible. Making me look at the lineup and think "meh".

38 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

That's a bit cheeky telling me I have narrow music tastes. I like heavy and metal :P

8 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

On there, I'd maybe watch Sia, Faithless, Justin Bieber, James Morrison, Foxes and All Saints. That's a pretty poor final score.

I've got a seriously wide range of tastes. It really isn't that hard to please me with a festival lineup. V is managing the impossible. Making me look at the lineup and think "meh".

Are you really picking Bieber and All Saints out of that lot? I do think it's what the festival probably had to do though.

1 minute ago, Red Day said:

That's a bit cheeky telling me I have narrow music tastes. I like heavy and metal :P

Hehe. Think you might have been this bold word in yourself ;)

Just now, thewayiam said:

Are you really picking Bieber and All Saints out of that lot? I do think it's what the festival probably had to do though.

Absolutely. Bieber at least has a curiosity factor for me, and All Saints do have two absolute killer pop songs that I'd be more than happy to see.

Most of it is uninspired pap.

10 minutes ago, siweltrebor said:

It's amazing how much V has changed since I used to go

I've seen the likes of Oasis, Prodigy, Faithless, Beck, Radiohead, Pink, Kanye and Foo Fighters at V in the past 05-07.

It's changed a lot that's for sure.

To be fair those aren't the best examples because one is booked for this year and Pink/Kanye would still fit right in but yeah.