Jcatley

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

I think the point that I'm not bothered by Bieber or Rihanna but V have still put out a better lineup than Reading is telling.

I wouldn't say they have to be honest. Well not for me. It isn't that great, and certainly not worth the £300+ it'd cost to do it, but 14 acts I'd see at Reading (Foals, Disclosure, Biffy, FOB, Chvrches, Maximo Park, RHCP, TDCC, HAIM, Jack Garrat, Slaves, The 1975, Raleigh Ritchie and The King Blues) is still significantly better than having four acts I'd pay to see (Sia, Halsey, Kaisers, John Newman) at V for the same-ish outlay.

Edited by Zac Quinn

15 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

I wouldn't say they have to be honest. Well not for me. It isn't that great, and certainly not worth the £300+ it'd cost to do it, but 14 acts I'd see at Reading (Foals, Disclosure, Biffy, FOB, Chvrches, Maximo Park, RHCP, TDCC, HAIM, Jack Garrat, Slaves, The 1975, Raleigh Ritchie and The King Blues) is still significantly better than having four acts I'd pay to see (Sia, Halsey, Kaisers, John Newman) at V for the same-ish outlay.

Biffy and The King Blues are the only one's I'd really make an effort for.....but I'd rather wait for a full headline set from Biffy. I'd see Faithless, probably Kaisers, Y&Y, Jess Glynne, Travis and Bugg.

It doesn't cost £300+.

19 minutes ago, atomised said:

It probably does for.many when.you factor in travel etc

Yeah. If I was to go to Reading and did it properly, with early entry and everything, I'd be looking at £295-ish even before food or merch etc. I'd need a good 20 acts I'd definitely want to see to justify that kind of money :( V is far cheaper for me to get to although even with that taken into account it's been nowhere near justifable since 2014.

Arena most likely, unless they change the layout the arena is nearest the camping entrances if I remember correct, and is bigger than the dance tent which is the opposite side of the site at hylands. Avicii and Skrillex did seem unrealistic but you have Annie Mac which should be fun for whoever goes.