NFR NFC 2016 - The Friendly Thread for Lovely People

jeffie

Apologies in advance for a bit of self-indulgent emotional splurge (finbarr) but it's kind of music / Glasto related and, quite frankly, this forum is the closest I come to therapy :crazy:

So, does anyone else find the world to be a much better place after a good solid cry and a bit of scream therapy?? Just drove back from town after a spot of food shopping and, not unusually, stuck on the new Frank Turner album for the drive.  The lyrics to Get Better and Next Storm just really hit me after the last month or so with all the redundancy crap.

I can only imagine what I looked like to the drivers around me as I had those two songs on loop, screaming along with Frank and drumming the crap out of my steering wheel with tears streaming down my face.  I'm guessing it wasn't attractive.

Anyhoo, back home now with a cup of tea and feeling a shit ton better for it.  Logged on as reading NFR NFC always cheers me up and just felt the need to unload (again, finbarr). Thanks NFR NFC peeps :friends:

For me, it's usually when I'm cooking or gardening, as I don't drive, but I know what you mean. Great to have a good shout along, and I'm also a FT fan. 

• Replies 19.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lucyginger

• mr gumby

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

anyone else drinking on a school night? If you happen to see a hungover postman tomorrow say Hi, it could be me!!!

Yes me ;) I have just got home having left the house on Tuesday morning. London, Birmingham, London again ..... delayed trains, no seat reservations working, blah blah, moan moan etc so I think wine is in order. Tonight I can at least try to get to grips with these new forum pages and catch up with everything. Hope everyone is okay. Hello Deano77 - I'm pretty new here too. 

Yes me ;) I have just got home having left the house on Tuesday morning. London, Birmingham, London again ..... delayed trains, no seat reservations working, blah blah, moan moan etc so I think wine is in order. Tonight I can at least try to get to grips with these new forum pages and catch up with everything. Hope everyone is okay. Hello Deano77 - I'm pretty new here too. 

Hey,

Yeah i joined years ago, but decided to start posting this year. missed the last two festivals so uber excited for next year. so thought i would get involved!!

Isn't 'Judas' the insult you're supposed to shout when hearing that song?

I've had to look that up. Apparently the Judas insult was quoted right after he performed Ballad of a Thin Man. Dylan responded to the Judas accusation by stating 'you're a liar' to his accuser. Then the band went straight in to Like A Rolling Stone.

Oo, you pedant! Haha!

The Hobbit moved from being an okay film to a bad one and yet still managed to make me sad about leaving Middle Earth. What's that all about? The pot noodle was eaten by me.

I wasn't really trying to be a pedant (although I suspect I have been in the past). It's just that I found it mildly amusing to take your words literally and thought that the amusement might 'travel' if I mentioned it. In my defence I wasn't feeling too great this morning.

As for Pot Noodle eating, I have eaten them but only when voraciously hungry. That said, I now feel like eating one. Why is that I wonder?

I've had to look that up. Apparently the Judas insult was quoted right after he performed Ballad of a Thin Man. Dylan responded to the Judas accusation by stating 'you're a liar' to his accuser. Then the band went straight in to Like A Rolling Stone.

Well, that's my new thing learned today! Always understood it to be that someone shouted 'Judas' in response to the Hammond organ on Like a rolling stone. Cheers, Yog.