Football 2015/16

TheGayTent

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

If the team I supported were to win the Europa League I'd be ecstatic too. 

I'll never happen with your team, but you're not wrong. Liverpool supporters will surely be as ecstatic about winning as I'll be at Utd being shown up as lesser than the team they like to believe is inferior.

It's always good to see the arrogant take one square in the face. :)

23 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I'll never happen with your team, but you're not wrong. Liverpool supporters will surely be as ecstatic about winning as I'll be at Utd being shown up as lesser than the team they like to believe is inferior.

It's always good to see the arrogant take one square in the face. :)

So Liverpool winning, will make you ecstatic that Utd are inferior. 

I'd like Liverpool to win this evening as a neutral, mainly just to see someone other than Sevilla win :D Although it'd be a huge achievement to win it three years on the trot. 

I think next year's Prem could be very interesting (although I seem to say that every year). Conte's defensive style which has worked so well for Ranieri in the latter part of the season, Liverpool I'm sure will be strong, City's transformation under Guardiola, United under Mourinho? Spurs if they can carry on this year's performances will be up there too. West Ham seem to be spending, think they'll challenge the top 4 and Arsenal... well Arsenal will be Arsenal I'm sure! That's without even considering how the Champions will do in defending their title...

9 minutes ago, GlastoSimon said:

That's without even considering how the Champions will do in defending their title...

I think it's going to go one of two ways.

Either it's going to go horribly pear shaped, and they'll be somewhere in the bottom half, or they'll surprise everyone by putting in a strong challenge.

What I don't see them doing is OK but not great and finishing around 8th,
(given my record with predictions, that's them nailed on for 8th :P)

I go with the strong challenge idea. Because they're not the normal champions team where plenty have won titles before, I think they'll keep the hunger for a 2nd season rather than drop off as often happens.

40 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I think it's going to go one of two ways.

Either it's going to go horribly pear shaped, and they'll be somewhere in the bottom half, or they'll surprise everyone by putting in a strong challenge.

What I don't see them doing is OK but not great and finishing around 8th,
(given my record with predictions, that's them nailed on for 8th :P)

I go with the strong challenge idea. Because they're not the normal champions team where plenty have won titles before, I think they'll keep the hunger for a 2nd season rather than drop off as often happens.

Interestingly I have them down for 7th/8th/9th :lol: 

All guesswork at the moment though, their recruitment will be important. 

9 hours ago, GlastoSimon said:

I'd like Liverpool to win this evening as a neutral, mainly just to see someone other than Sevilla win :D Although it'd be a huge achievement to win it three years on the trot. 

I think next year's Prem could be very interesting (although I seem to say that every year). Conte's defensive style which has worked so well for Ranieri in the latter part of the season, Liverpool I'm sure will be strong, City's transformation under Guardiola, United under Mourinho? Spurs if they can carry on this year's performances will be up there too. West Ham seem to be spending, think they'll challenge the top 4 and Arsenal... well Arsenal will be Arsenal I'm sure! That's without even considering how the Champions will do in defending their title...

I can see Leicester 11th or 12th. I think the extra champions league/Europa league games may stretch them.  I think many of the players have had the seasons of their life all at the same time and I think many will regress. I also think its unlikely they will have the same amount of luck. I don't see them falling like a rock like some do though.

5 hours ago, TheGayTent said:

Sounds like Lacazette is close to being finalised. Always good to get some business done early. 

That's a big move if West Ham can pull it off, he is a player that will only get better. I'm surprised PSG aren't in for him.

3 hours ago, TheGayTent said:

Well luckysalt has his takeover. Lots of ins and outs at villa park this summer you'd think. 

Althought it looks like Pearson or Di Matteo instead of Klopp!

37 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Just to mention that Raheem prietty much condemned Seville to the Europa League by totally ripping them apart.

Fair play to Milner, he left City to get some medals and he has 2 this season compared to Raheems one.

I imagine when Sevilla make the group stages of the champions league they are the one team who come the final game are plotting their path to third place. I can imagine them being a goal away from second place and bringing a centre back for a forward!

You have to give credit to Sevilla. They are a club defined by winning winnable trophies instead of being defined by trying to finish 4th every season.  Several premiership sides over the years could learn from that.

7 minutes ago, thetime said:

Don't worry klopp, old Louis will show you how to win a final on Saturday.

All them tears for a poxy Europa final.

ole Louis will show us all how to bore the other team into submission, you mean.

With a team that was 15 goals further away from Chumps footie next year than the hated.