Police Pulling Cars Over?

STEatT

Would be very surprised if the police and DVLA don't have number plate monitoring technology on the motorways and roads leading to the festival. Through that they can check car tax, insurance, and other issues connected to the vehicle or owner. They then pull in people on the route. Be warned they now have the power to confiscate vehicles on the spot so make sure all your papers are up to date

At V Festival last year they also had drug sniffer drugs checking vans and cars on the way in! So expect a fair bit of police presence before and after the festival

V has had sniffer dogs at the police checkpoint for over a decade at Weston Park,

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For a number of years the Police were in several lay-bys on the A303 and had pulled cars over but not seen them the last few years.

Luckily never been stopped.

My brother was in the 97, they were in a queue close to the site. They acted all nonchalant, police found nothing and my brother pointed out they had made him loose his place in the queue so they let him down a backroad cutting out a queue!

I was under the impression you cant be pulled over unless there is a fault on your car or your driving is irratic/speeding.

Never seen in it whilsy Ive been going (every year since 2003). Service stations could be a different matter, but again, I've never seen it.

Nope Section 163 of the Road Traffic Act states a constable IN UNIFORM can request you to stop for no reason.

We we took 360 cans in various crate sizes last year, a bottle of vodka and 2 bottles of sourz in plastic bottles. 48 cans of coke and 6 bottles of boost. That was between 4 of us. Security had a quick snoop in the back of the van on entry to the car park. No problem

Edited by waynewdk

I was in East CV last year and was searched a number of times going through ped gate. A "friend" was caught once as they searched his wallet thoroughly and asked to put an item in the amnesty bin. They film you on a camcorder and also get you to look at a fixed CCTV camera above the gate whilst you place the item in the amnesty box. They can't touch your nuts apparently and I rarely saw anyone asked to take boots off although I understand it did happen.

I work for the people that run the motorway services, @ Michaelwood (North of bristol) & Gordano (South of bristol), last few years the police have had quite a lot of officers at both services doing random car searches from the Tuesday!

Slightly OT but didn't feel this warrants a new thread, we are staying in the east CV, do security often search you going through the pedestrian gate? If so how thoroughly? Just thinking do I need to be clever about hiding certain things.

Only had the glass bottle search in CV east - and though they go thru stuff it's only the volunteer kids at the entrance not security as such

one of the benefits of going by coach is that they don't bother with them as obviously it'd be far too much effort to haul through all of that stuff (at least i think - has never happened to me, anyway)

got a lift last year and had quite a few of my friends goodies on me and i was bricking it the entire way, constantly checking the rearview mirror to see if we were being followed etc. think i'll stick to coach from now on - then it's just getting through the gates that's the (not really) problem

I also remember a layby on the Final run to the site where police stop and searches were taking place. But the last time I can recall seeing this was I. 07 or maybe 08.

And, after 5 years of Tory led government, there's fewer police out there these days...

Edited by Titters2

when I arrived in 2011 (about 07:45) there was a car being properly searched by the police as we were entering the pink car park, just off to the right by the lanes as they check/sell you car park passes. Other than that had no trouble at all. The police will have ANPR cameras out and will be targetting 'known' cars but if security do stop you (at the car park entrance or gate) it'll be purely random. Never been stopped myself but they do seem to check all or your bags/sleeping bags/take stuff out of your pockets and pat you down etc.

Glass is far the most taboo thing to try and take on site, saw a couple of guys who'd been stopped by Gate A last year trying to drink or decant several glass bottles of spirits as they'd been stopped by security.

Only other incident I'm aware of was a mate that was strip searched heading back onto site on the Saturday afternoon in 2008 through gate D. It was his own fault as he'd gone back to the car to get a box full of vodak jellies to try and sell as we'd nailed the ones he took in on Wednesday. Security stopped him asking 'what's in the box' and were convinced he was going to sell them. Finally allowed him to bring 20 in (the number of us in the group) and he gave the rest away, though then patted him down and found a small bag of weed. Took him off to a cabin for the search but as they found nothing else let him go back in.

It's probably Wiltshire's lot.

My brother is a copper in the Wiltshire Police.

Every time I ask him about their forces intentions for Glastonbury I get the same reply

"Its Avon and Somerset's responsibility "

So drive through Wiltshire and you will be safe !

I was under the impression you cant be pulled over unless there is a fault on your car or your driving is irratic/speeding

Nope - they're allowed to pull you over for any reason and you'll break the law if you don't stop.

https://www.gov.uk/stopped-by-police-while-driving-your-rights/overview

I would have thought the services surrounding Glasto (Leigh Delamere, Michael Wood and Gordano) would get pissed off with A&S bill what with all their customers being put off stopping there...

There will be plenty of people stopping there - either

Nothing to hide

Don't know the risk involved

Or risk it as they need a coffee and the loo !

Only time I was pulled over was going into the car park at V2002 - our car was randomly selected to go into the police search tent. They did a thorough job of going through everything but there was nothing to find so not a problem.

hide your wares in the engine bay , never known them to look in there.

Not in a glasto capacity but i was with a mate years ago (how had been caught with weed on his car previously I may add) and they gave his car a right shake down bonnet up & all. He had a fairly large amount in the scuttle panel, which was retarded as that's the inlet for the cabins blowers. They removed the airbox & fuse box covers (which i highly doubt they should be allowed to do seeing as they aren't mechanics) but found nothing.

This was an extreme case seeing as he was know to the local filth though. Back in the day when I used to enjoy my cars a bit more I've Ben searched dozens of times and they never removed any covers or panels. Under the gear gater was always my stash of choice.

Had some friends that got pulled over early Thursday morning last year. They hadn't hidden anything and basically lost £500. They were let go with no charges on Thursday evening and still allowed in. They even took the bottles of spirits they had but didn't feel in any position to argue.

Had some friends that got pulled over early Thursday morning last year. They hadn't hidden anything and basically lost £500. They were let go with no charges on Thursday evening and still allowed in. They even took the bottles of spirits they had but didn't feel in any position to argue.

How did they lose five hundred pounds?