New venue above Rabbit Hole?

timbrass

I think this is the Tor View Look Out, stage.

I've been wondering about this Tor View Lookout, do we not have a location for this/know what it's gonna be other than a lookout?

EDIT** I Put "just" a lookout, obviously the view is going te be brilliant!

Does anybody have any info on this at all?

Edited by Likearollingstone

Argh!

It's hammocks. Look at the spacing of the posts - perfect to hang a load of hammocks. There's no stage, just seats. It's just an improvement on the hammocks from last year - and it's the same spot as it's the little flat area, there's only the one.

The Tor View thing is a trip to the Tor to look down at the festival. I dunno where on earth the idea that it was a stage came from

It's listed as a 'thing' on the lineup. They're not all stages like the outdoor circus performers, though they might be dressed as stages but that's getting a bit brass eye

It says "COME SEE THE THE FESTIVAL FROM A NEW PERSPECTIVE"

Anywhere on site is not a new perspective, and it says Tor View - 2+2

looking at wickedfaerie's panorama, its high on the hill above where glastonbury sign is....though looking again, it seems to be on the small flat shelf on the hill where the glastonbury sign is usually situated.

guess it's mainly just going to be a viewing point with seating.

EDIT - it is indeed situated just above where the glastonbury sign has been in previous years. here is the 2014 panorama with the sign in place - https://3v.io/glasto/index.php?img=20140624

Edited by Keithy

Looks fantastic. I loved spending time up there sitting outside the crows nest looking out over the site chilling out with a beer on a Saturday afternoon, it gives you a chance to recharge your batteries for a while. Sounds as if it is going to be similar to Crows Nest, are they going to have bands playing up there, just higher up because its mentioned in the lineup poster - its going to be a nightmare getting band equipment up there!? Or just DJs? Or nothing other than a bar? If they do have bands/DJs then I hope it will be acoustic/down tempo to keep with the chilled out vibe in that area

I can see myself spending lots of time up there getting away from the hub bub of the festival for a few hours

Quite honestly, if that's all the ground space they'll be using I can see that there's room for either a bar or stage. Perhaps it'll be a bandstand type affair.

Edit: Can't. Can't see that there's much room. Doh.

Edited by musky