Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, fatyeti24 said:

like many Words of the Eavii, the 'fourth headliner' is something i feel we on here enjoy over analyising, rather than any particular hint as to who may be booked.  i don't disagree that about the 'legend' thing you bring up - that slot is renowned as huge now in it's own right.  one might say it's comparable to a fourth headliner :D

Dolly certainly got a lot more publicity than Kasabian in 2014.  

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Dolly certainly got a lot more publicity than Kasabian in 2014.  

that was due to the combination of having a shit by the numbers headliner that everybody saw coming and a huge long time coming Sunday legend. likewise with The Who/Lionel this year. somehow i don't see Coldplay (if we're assuming they're the Sunday headliner) being outshined this year though, regardless of how standard they are. none of the suggested legends seem fit to do that

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

surely AC/DC would be the curve  ball in this situation. how much more of a curve ball could we get?

Fair point. I'm hoping It will be someone that no-one Is thinking of. Much as I wasn't happy about them playing, The Who were a shock this year, I'd like another shock.

2 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Fair point. I'm hoping It will be someone that no-one Is thinking of. Much as I wasn't happy about them playing, The Who were a shock this year, I'd like another shock.

that was largely due to

1. them already being booked up that night

2. Glastonbury not making a habit of rebooking old times 'legend' headliners until then

doubtful similar circumstances will happen for next year, but hopeful that at least one of the headliners isn't what we're all expecting right now

not the biggest fan of AC/DC, but they'd sure be the kick up the arse this years headliner set needs

Edited by FloorFiller

10 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Probably my favourite show I've ever seen at Glastonbury, but they got an Nth of the publicity Dolly did, and an even smaller fraction of the crowd.

Ah, I see. Yes, agreed! That's how to nail a headline slot. The crowd where I was standing (correction: dancing) were partying as if at a carnival. It was brilliant, and such a perfect setlist. A close second for favourite after Bowie, of course.

32 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

£71.50 for standing/unreserved seats for Coldplay! Up to £93 for reserved seats! Scandalous....and people said the roses were over priced! 

Don't slate them, they can't throw the best seats on Viagogo anymore now we all know about it :P

Chris Martin needs to pay for his conscious uncoupling and light up wristbands somehow!