Headliners 2016

thewayiam

I hope its not Royal Blood. At Reading the best response was when they finished and the DJ played Imagine Dragons.

And someone I like had to deal with them when they were still a little band and said they were arrogant fuckers, so I would hate to think what they are like now.

I dont want Rihanna either. Theres a whole slew off autotune songs that I dont know who they should be attributed to, and I have no intention of finding out if they are hers or Katy Perrys or any other of the blandinis.

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Harmonic Prospector said:

Adele to play the "Tea Time" Sunday afternoon slot? Not rumoured (for that slot), a real coup, her material would translate better at that time of day and she would attract an even bigger crowd than Dolly and Lionel. She has the hits, the TV figures would be through the roof and she doesn't have the pressure of being a headliner.

It kinda makes sense in my mind. But even for this place, there's so much stuff going on with Eavii interviews I can't sort it in my brain atm.

Dentalplan will have the known facts to be able to rationalise this as a theory, I expect.

5 minutes ago, Harmonic Prospector said:

Adele to play the "Tea Time" Sunday afternoon slot? Not rumoured (for that slot), a real coup, her material would translate better at that time of day and she would attract an even bigger crowd than Dolly and Lionel. She has the hits, the TV figures would be through the roof and she doesn't have the pressure of being a headliner.

Ya know, this actually makes sense. Hmmmm...

5 minutes ago, Harmonic Prospector said:

written down like that it could make sense, but really the world's biggest selling music artist is going to headline if she plays.  it'll be on prime time BBC, there'll be a massive crowd ready for seeing her and hearing her music.

she'll do an appropriate stage show, it'll have been thought about for a year.

2 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

written down like that it could make sense, but really the world's biggest selling music artist is going to headline if she plays.  it'll be on prime time BBC, there'll be a massive crowd ready for seeing her and hearing her music.

she'll do an appropriate stage show, it'll have been thought about for a year.

Hmm. Emily has referred to the Sunday teatime slot as a 'fourth headliner' a couple of times now and I don't think they really lay on the "legends" thing either so with the right act at the right time it doesn't seem so crazy that they might just book a big current act. I don't think Adele would suit that though to be honest - for someone who has a fear of big crowds, playing a slot where Dolly and Lionel apparently spent a lot of time noting how many people there were; I think it would be here worst nightmare.

3 hours ago, Woffy said:

I personally believe it's more Adele having been to the festival and having sussed this out for herself...and thus excluding herself. Unless a more suitable slot is found for her*

And less to do with that stuff (she never explicity said) about not playing to huge crowds.

*Leonard Cohen played 'slowies' for 90 minutes from The Pyramid earlier in the day. (And was fucking brilliant).

Whoops double post. 

Edited by Harmonic Prospector

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Hmm. Emily has referred to the Sunday teatime slot as a 'fourth headliner' a couple of times now and I don't think they really lay on the "legends" thing either so with the right act at the right time it doesn't seem so crazy that they might just book a big current act. I don't think Adele would suit that though to be honest - for someone who has a fear of big crowds, playing a slot where Dolly and Lionel apparently spent a lot of time noting how many people there were; I think it would be here worst nightmare.

like many Words of the Eavii, the 'fourth headliner' is something i feel we on here enjoy over analyising, rather than any particular hint as to who may be booked.  i don't disagree that about the 'legend' thing you bring up - that slot is renowned as huge now in it's own right.  one might say it's comparable to a fourth headliner :D

13 minutes ago, Untz said:

Why are people suggesting recent and headliner worthy bookings for the "teatime"/legends slot? Some of us would like to enjoy our ironic/sing-a-long/fancy dress worthy bookings in peace, thank you very much. Keep your chart shit away.

Despite what I said,  I still think ELO will be announced for that slot. I for one will be extremely happy with that. 

One direction are sometimes referred to as the biggest band in the world, they were in attendance at Glastonbury this year. They might have got signed up for a headliner slot.

justin bieber will prob do the Saturday 

coldplay Sunday 

what could be better?!?! :-/

1 minute ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

If Rihanna plays, I'm there, front and centre.

Wasn't Queen Bey originally booked as a special guest (sub) for Coldplay? They're matey with Rihanna as well, could happen. Tea time Rihanna, and then off to see 1D on West Holts.

Beyonce was supposed to sub to Prince wasn't she? or was it Coldplay and then she was moved to headliner when Prince bailed? something like that

don't see it happening though. at another festival maybe, but Rihanna would cost too much to have as a sub

9 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Wasn't Queen Bey originally booked as a special guest (sub) for Coldplay? They're matey with Rihanna as well, could happen. Tea time Rihanna, and then off to see 1D on West Holts.

I always had it in my head from previous videos that Rihanna was a bit shit live, and this has done nothing to change that perception.

11 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

This wasn't even her best song that night 

31 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Rihanna's a very funny one for me. I think I'd last half of her set before finishing with her and moving on. She's definitely not my cuppa, but I'd be interested to witness her live setup in the flesh. She has a couple of decent tracks.

saying that I'd categorise her as a weak headliner, a weak headliner that could sway a lot of people to increase acclaim as a worthy headliner.

Edited by willutalk