How is your Glastonbury excitement?

frostypaw

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably more excited this year than ever. Been going since 2008 and didn't get tickets in October but managed to get them in the resale. Think that's ramped up the excitement levels because I was convinced wouldn't be there this year

Excitement has dipped since the times came out and I realised just how much I'll be missing. Need something to kick me back into hype mode again - hopefully once I've left uni and I can start gathering stuff again. Need to remember that even if I'm missing Spiritualized, Kanye is going to be fucking HUGE.

I as expressing how I'm not really that excited in the Glasto Chat group on Facebook and got lots of hate directed towards me. As well as many helpful and nice comments as well. But it seems it's not cool to be not completely and utterly jizzing with uncontrollable excitement leading up to the festival?

The clashes are a little annoying but mostly I think I'm not that amped 'cause I've got a pretty big trek over from NZ ahead of me. Plus I don't have work anymore, so am going to have to hunt for work in London after Glastonbury. I could be unemployed for months. But lets hope I forget all that when I'm dancing in a field with you other festival crazies in 2 and a half weeks time.

I think this is the first year I've not really been excited.

I'm not overwhelmed by the line up, although I wasn't last year either, and I have so much to do at work that I'm too absorbed in it to really think about having time off. I'm also moving house on Saturday 20th so that's kinda taken over and I can't really start packing for Glastonbury yet.

I get a bit of butterflies and a smile when I get a text notification from Twitter with the countdown that Glastonbury randomly do.

I'm sure once I've moved and the rucksack is packed, I'll be bursting with excitement and once I'm there I'll be the happiest girl alive as always.

Staying in wales tonight and the local bbc news had a preview of glasto with emily n michael. Showed the site coming together i almost cried with happyness that in 2 weeks ill be anticipating 5 days of immense pleasure lol

• 2 weeks later...

Did my first initial pack last night. Woke up an hour before my alarm today. I believe the two to be connected!

It's been a roller coaster in the excitement stakes for me this year, been up and down as real life - particularly work stresses - have crowded in. Now though I'm definitely bloody excited. Got my Clash finder sorted, the weather thread is making me nervous and of course I can't stop talking about it. My other half is coming for his first time so I am all nervous and and excited for his reaction too.

Gaaaaaaaaaah :D

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

I'm with you there, 5am and not a wink. It's usually this time of year that the excitement gives way to blind panic that I won't get a camping spot in my favourite field, I'll end up at the wrong gate for camping (good god not D, never D) or that I'll forget my ticket. Ridiculous.

Sleep pattern is all over the place, been up since 3am :P

All good, just got a few small bits to pack and I'm good to go.  I've been saving like a bastard all year and I'm going to have more money in the bank than I could have hoped for, have successfully not drunk my entire booze stash (well, I did sort of demolish 1/3 of it).