Topic Chemical Brothers

tezshields

It will be the live show, they're touring the live show everywhere this year.

I did read an interview with ed and he said he was no longer doing the live shows anymore due to taking up a role at manchester uni or something i don't know if this is like his last year doing it or it truly will just be tom rowlands by himself

might be vice versa.

it'll be tom, doing it with a stand-in 'brother', Adam someone or other (I forget his name). It's the same guy who directed their recent-ish film, and has done their visuals for years (and also did a Dr Who too).

Edited by eFestivals

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm living in hope that I'm not interested by the mysterious third pyramid headliner just so I can watch the chems. They pretty much trump everyone. But until I know who's playing that pyramid slot I can't say with complete certainty!

Really hoping we get at least a full track off them soon though.

I've seen them the last 2 times they've played, always put on a good show so if nothing else grabs my fancy its always a fall back. I know they played on the Sunday in 2007, was it 2010 they played again and sunday again or saturday?

They played the Friday in 2004 (against Oasis on the Pyramid), Sunday in 2007 (against The Who on the Pyramid) and Saturday in 2011 (against Coldplay on the Pyramid)

This late afternoon/early evening 'the brothers' changed their face on social media to a very classic 'Dig Your Own Hole' style brand.

Oh, fuck yes. Can you imagine the insanity of Elektrobank blasting out on Sunday night? The whole place would erupt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0rVbB3Z_-o

Edited by kalifire

Dig still makes up the backbone of the live set though, right? Electrobank/Block/Setting/Reel are played every night? It's their "imperious" time. That record still sounds utterly ace.

Id be happy with Hold Tight London and Loops of Fury tho.

Dig still makes up the backbone of the live set though, right? Electrobank/Block/Setting/Reel are played every night? It's their "imperious" time. That record still sounds utterly ace.

Seen them quite a few times and only played Reel once.

Last 3 times I've seen them play they've only played 3 Dig tracks, Setting Sun, Block Rocking Beats and It Doesn't Matter - even then only one or so on each occasion, the first time I saw them I was hammered so they could have done a full Dig set for all I know

Edit: first time I saw them they played this set - http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-chemical-brothers/2007/koko-london-england-3d11573.html

Edited by Matt - Ed Banger Records

Love Dig myself, and you are right, it still sounds brilliant, but it still has the stinker that is Setting Sun. I despise that tune. Its like an ugly ass wart on the prettiest of faces. But for me personally Dig doesnt even come close the the masterfulness of Exit Planet Dust. Exit to my ears is still perfect from start to finish. Unblemished and sublime. One of a very few records I have ever owned in which I dont mind putting it on again straight away as soon as Im just finished listening to it.

Edited by ThomThomDrum

Love Dig myself, and you are right, it still sounds brilliant, but it still has the stinker that is Setting Sun. I despise that tune. Its like an ugly ass wart on the prettiest of faces. But for me personally Dig doesnt even come close the the masterfulness of Exit Planet Dust. Exit to my ears is still perfect from start to finish. Unblemished and sublime. One of a very few records I have ever owned in which I dont mind putting it on again straight away as soon as Im just finished listening to it.

Listened to Exit Planet Dust a couple of days ago, first time in ages. Our neighbours were having their usual slanging match so i put it on to annoy them at a fair old volume. Anyway it sounded fantastic. I'd agree definitely their best, ahead of Dig Your Own Hole. Setting Sun used to be awesome live by the way, the version they had backing the original Reel single was immense.

Edited by ericlered

Have they actually released anything of note since Galvanize? I'd check Wiki but I can't be arsed.

There was a time when the Chemicals were genuinely groundbreaking and essential to the music scene but I've a feeling that time has been and gone. When I watched them in 2011 it just seemed like a field of 40-somethings desperately trying to relive their mid-twenties albeit on creakier knees and less illegal drugs.

did anyone see them in 2007? It meant missing the who but that was a sensational end to a traumatic weekend. I would rather they played sunday than saturday to be honest.

Yeah I saw them.

It was a rare bright spot in an otherwise difficult Sunday, although I was still too wrecked to throw any significant shapes.

I've seen them since a couple of times, one of which was disappointing.

At that stage I assumed they had lost their edge and that was it for them, but it's been a while now so hopefully they put on a good show