Secret resales 2015

Terence99

3 minutes ago, Becki7000 said:

I'm in contact with someone who is selling a ticket... Anyone know how much like their photo do you need to be?!

Eyes have to be identical but there's loads of leeway on the nose and cheekbones. Skin colour is a gamble. Depends who checks your ticket on the day.

This might be old news...

Glastonbury Appearances for Johnny Depp and Liam Gallagher

By Sherna Noah

June 12 (Press Association) -- Hollywood star Johnny Depp has been added to this year's Glastonbury line-up.

The Pirates Of The Caribbean star, 54, is the guest of honour at a new drive-in movie area, Cineramageddon.

Glastonbury also announced its first astronaut, Nasa's Mike Massimino, at the festival, while Liam Gallagher will sing on The Other Stage.

Depp will introduce his personal choice of films, which will be screened through the night on June 22, and discuss his selections with filmmaker Julien Temple.

His film choices include Withnail & I, of which Depp says: "No film has ever made me laugh more, or filled me with so much joy and dread."

The star's other choices are his own movies Dead Man, which he describes as "an epic visual poem" and The Libertine, of which he is very "proud" and says: "This is one of those films that got lost in the shuffle."

Astronaut and US engineer Massimino flew on two shuttle missions to repair the Hubble telescope.

This year's event is being headlined by RadioheadFoo Fighters and Ed Sheeran.

ends

33 minutes ago, lobo said:

Morning guys, had a message last night from a friend who may have two tickets for me. Not a 100% certain if it will happen but its looking quiet good. Sorry i didnt drop by with a gif for page 1000, looks like you had a good little celebration.

Oooh well done and good luck, hope it works out well for you

35 minutes ago, lobo said:

Morning guys, had a message last night from a friend who may have two tickets for me. Not a 100% certain if it will happen but its looking quiet good. Sorry i didnt drop by with a gif for page 1000, looks like you had a good little celebration.

Happy days :)

13 minutes ago, Becki7000 said:

I'm in contact with someone who is selling a ticket... Anyone know how much like their photo do you need to be?!

Any evidence for this will be purely anecdotal and also not something one could really quantify (ie, you need to look 80% like the person)

However, I would be very cautious this year due to the heightened security following recent terrorism. Equally, I have ruled out a fence jump as I suspect that would attract some scrutiny.

12 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Eyes have to be identical but there's loads of leeway on the nose and cheekbones. Skin colour is a gamble. Depends who checks your ticket on the day.

Luckily you can't really see her eyes, hair covering one and the other is really dark, similar hair and skin colour, chin different though...

Can you tell I'm getting desperate lol!

Edited by Becki7000

2 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

Any evidence for this will be purely anecdotal and also not something one could really quantify (ie, you need to look 80% like the person)

However, I would be very cautious this year due to the heightened security following recent terrorism. Equally, I have ruled out a fence jump as I suspect that would attract some scrutiny.

It was more asking what the ticket people are trained to look at, as I have no idea! Think I'm just getting desperate... 

6 minutes ago, Becki7000 said:

It was more asking what the ticket people are trained to look at, as I have no idea! Think I'm just getting desperate... 

Ha, yes, well, we're all desperate.

I'd be surprised if there's anything more to the training than 'Look at the picture, look at their face'. I guess in the past ticket collectors have just been nice to people who have a genuine ticket that has a different face on it, but I suspect it will be different this year for reasons already mentioned.

2 minutes ago, Becki7000 said:

Luckily you can't really see her eyes, hair covering one and the other is really dark, similar hair and skin colour, chin different though...

Can you tell I'm getting desperate lol!

If you're that desperate then it's probably worth a try to be fair although obviously it would be destroying if you got as far as the gate and got turned away. Always a risk but...

1 minute ago, MilkyJoe said:

If you're that desperate then it's probably worth a try to be fair although obviously it would be destroying if you got as far as the gate and got turned away. Always a risk but...

Muuuuch more of a risk now, i'd have thought. 

2 minutes ago, scorp said:

Muuuuch more of a risk now, i'd have thought. 

Also the costs of travel to consider. You'd have to go on your own even if you had mates going as you might not get in and would need to get back somehow - so either public transport, or drive yourself, pay a car park on the gate, and petrol costs only to potentially get turned away. It would be gutting not to get in.

Looks like that BBC comp is over 3 days, with the the winner picked from the pooled entries. So think you may be able to enter every day for a better chance. Someone read the T&C's and correct me! 

Ps, someone may have already posted this here, that'd involve me reading back a whole page!

One tip from my friend who worked the gates last year; if they were in doubt, they asked to see their Facebook profile on their phone.If you're friendly with the person whose ticket you've bought and they trust you, it may be worth logging on to their Facebook on your phone browse. Could make the difference! 

2 minutes ago, General Lee said:

Also the costs of travel to consider. You'd have to go on your own even if you had mates going as you might not get in and would need to get back somehow - so either public transport, or drive yourself, pay a car park on the gate, and petrol costs only to potentially get turned away. It would be gutting not to get in.

All this worth thinking about, and whether you could handle the disappointment if you're not successful. Will the ticket checks be any different to normal years? No idea but I'm not sure I would want to risk it.

All that said, I probably would though!:lol:

1 minute ago, Johnkhutch said:

One tip from my friend who worked the gates last year; if they were in doubt, they asked to see their Facebook profile on their phone.If you're friendly with the person whose ticket you've bought and they trust you, it may be worth logging on to their Facebook on your phone browse. Could make the difference! 

I'd buy a £10 phone and say that is all i bring to festivals. Doubt they are going to go the effort of trying to find you on their own phone, plus you could say you don't have facebook as you hate social media (many people don't).

Just now, BigChief said:

I'd buy a £10 phone and say that is all i bring to festivals. Doubt they are going to go the effort of trying to find you on their own phone, plus you could say you don't have facebook as you hate social media (many people don't).

^^^^ I was just about to post the same, beat me to it

3 minutes ago, Johnkhutch said:

Wouldn't go for this though. A facebook profile is likely to have many more pictures of the person to compare to rather than just a photo on a printed ticket.