Secret resales 2015

Terence99

On 10/06/2017 at 5:11 PM, Kinkyinuit said:

Actually, was just thinking.  Are staff tickets an actual thing?  I seem to remember from previous years volunteering that I didn't get issued a ticket before the festival and pick them or my wristband up once on site. Does anybody know if this is always the case?

I realise that I'm late responding to this, but yes, there's various types -

There's quite a bit of variation between how different crews handle things, so some people will be issued a ticket and some won't. People working for Oxfam for example won't be sent a physical ticket, but some crews (especially those camping inside the fence) will.

There's also Market (trader) tickets which don't have photos on them either. A word of warning, a couple years ago these were by some distance the most common type of fake ticket floating around - a huge number of people (100+) were stopped at the gates with them - my shift stopped about 20 people on the Friday morning alone. The problem was that the tickets would've looked legitimate enough to someone who'd got no reference point, but for someone on the gate who'd seen plenty legitimate tickets already and had been told what to look for in the security features they could be clocked from over a metre away as obvious fakes.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, incident said:

I realise that I'm late responding to this, but yes, there's various types -

There's quite a bit of variation between how different crews handle things, so some people will be issued a ticket and some won't. People working for Oxfam for example won't be sent a physical ticket, but some crews (especially those camping inside the fence) will.

There's also Market (trader) tickets which don't have photos on them either. A word of warning, a couple years ago these were by some distance the most common type of fake ticket floating around - a huge number of people (100+) were stopped at the gates with them - my shift stopped about 20 people on the Friday morning alone. The problem was that the tickets would've looked legitimate enough to someone who'd got no reference point, but for someone on the gate who'd seen plenty legitimate tickets already and had been told what to look for in the security features they could be clocked from over a metre away as obvious fakes.

Ah amazing, that's a big help.  Now I just need to go on a hunt for a picture of a legit ticket to be sure!

A friend of mine got in on a performers staff ticket last year. They had to go to the stage in question to get a wristband. They were staying in the cv fields so had to show the ticket every day which didn't have a picture on it just the persons name printed. They asked them for ID every time but they managed to blag it and get in every day. Another friend won a competition through his work and he had a ticket with no picture on and a sticker with his name on it instead. I saw both tickets and they looked very different and neither had pictures on butbwere genuine in their own right. 

5 hours ago, Ted Dansons Wig said:

I think that resignation sank in over the last week or so. No-one even mentioned peak time towards the end of the week. 3 weeks back it was a madhouse in here every afternoon. 

We're a mutual support mechanism for everyone -

1. those with tickets through normal channels and who need them for someone else,

2. those who have taken the plunge to get in some other way (legit, possibly legit and absolutely not legit) and

3. those who despite best efforts have got doodley-squat.

The great thing about the thread is we support each other, we celebrate those who manage to get tickets, and we keep looking for ways of getting every one else whos contributed over the last 1000+ pages in that gate and to the cider bus by Thursday afternoon (or Thursday night in @babyblade41's case). 

My support mechanism is going to involve getting hammered all Glastonbury weekend. 

Definitely a good option for us ticketless. 

5 hours ago, Ted Dansons Wig said:

I think that resignation sank in over the last week or so. No-one even mentioned peak time towards the end of the week. 3 weeks back it was a madhouse in here every afternoon. 

We're a mutual support mechanism for everyone -

1. those with tickets through normal channels and who need them for someone else,

2. those who have taken the plunge to get in some other way (legit, possibly legit and absolutely not legit) and

3. those who despite best efforts have got doodley-squat.

The great thing about the thread is we support each other, we celebrate those who manage to get tickets, and we keep looking for ways of getting every one else whos contributed over the last 1000+ pages in that gate and to the cider bus by Thursday afternoon (or Thursday night in @babyblade41's case). 

yep sadly earliest I can get in ... but I'll hopefully see some peeps on here at some point... 

1 hour ago, Kinkyinuit said:

most definitely.  I should get a photo of the tickets tomorrow, if they're legit, I'll let you guys know and you can have a rap battle to determine who wins the other ticket.  I can't think of anything fairer.

I only need one ticket... :wub: just one little ticket...

5 minutes ago, General Lee said:

A mere two tickets here. I still haven't cancelled my holiday from work yet. I'll leave it until the end of this week. 

They're really testing us leaving the resale this late...

Same. I'm refusing to put myself down on the Rota for that week until the festival starts

12 minutes ago, General Lee said:

A mere two tickets here. I still haven't cancelled my holiday from work yet. I'll leave it until the end of this week. 

They're really testing us leaving the resale this late...

10 left, I decided that asking for 3 was just being greedy!:) any more or have we got 10 spare?:lol:

Just seen the Glastonbury advert for the first time on the BBC. I feel crushed. 

I'm also trying in vain for just the one ticket. It's gotten to the point where I feel like asking the bloke who works in the Tesco Express round the corner from me if he's selling his Glastonbury ticket. I have absolutely no idea if he's going to Glastonbury, but he's bloody identical to me!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Johnkhutch said:

Just seen the Glastonbury advert for the first time on the BBC. I feel crushed. 

I'm also trying in vain for just the one ticket. It's gotten to the point where I feel like asking the bloke who works in the Tesco Express round the corner from me if he's selling his Glastonbury ticket. I have absolutely no idea if he's going to Glastonbury, but he's bloody identical to me!

I haven't seen the Beeb advert yet. Being out of the uk has its benefits!

5 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

I have entered that with every email address I have access to (including half my work addresses) so statistically I've got a good chance of winning.

That's what I'm telling myself anyway.