Secret resales 2015

Terence99

4 minutes ago, davetherave2 said:

Not really but I,m pretty sure its been in place in the last five years of Glasto 

I can only find it been available since 2014 so really quiet new as this would make it only the 3rd year you could claim your money back after the deadline,so maybe there just  waiting in case more people want a refund. Or have I gone mad coming up with theories while wasting my life away in this thread??? 

Can I just say that you lot are hard core mental Glastonbury. I've been on and off here trying for someone else, but haven't been able to put in as much time as I had planned (the missus has finally gone radio rental about the time that I spend on this site). When I have accessed the thread, it's to witness you all supporting each other. It's a beautiful thing to witness. Anyway, I just wanted to wish you all good luck.

Edited by Yoghurt on a Stick
I said morally in there - fuck knows why.
  • Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, mrbuz84 said:

I can only find it been available since 2014 so really quiet new as this would make it only the 3rd year you could claim your money back after the deadline,so maybe there just  waiting in case more people want a refund. Or have I gone mad coming up with theories while wasting my life away in this thread??? 

It was mentioned in the 2012 email for 2013 tickets. I still have the email.....

6 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

It was mentioned in the 2012 email for 2013 tickets. I still have the email.....

Cheers for that mate,still fairly new though so maybe they've adapted the secret sale around this abit knowning that more tickets are going to get refunded. Anyways back to it 9 in morning either way

But have you read the small print on the refund insurance? 

I won't pay out unless there's a pretty serious reason why you can't go (death, hospitalization, jury duty etc.). So for most of us it wouldn't pay out and TBH if you meet some of the terms you probably wouldn't want to go anyway.

• A doctor's note confirming the condition and the date this was diagnosed.
  • Death certificate
  • Evidence of breakdown or disruption to public transport
  • Evidence of breakdown of private transport
  • Evidence of the Emergency Services attending your residence in the event of burglary or fire
  • Original witness summons instructing you to appear in court
  • Original invitation to attend jury service
  • Original advice to travel at short notice on military service
  • Print out from Met Office website/confirmation of Police Warning for weather applications

22 minutes ago, mrbuz84 said:

I actually bought it in 2013 for the first time as I had to give up my ticket in 2011 due to ill health diagnosis.

As I chase down this elusive resale and up to 3 other possible leads the following song means more to me than ever. The silver lining - he still got a gig the year he wrote this about, albeit very late in the day. Keep the faith everyone! 

(Oh and replace 'fuck' with 'thank' for the version I meant - though the former is probably how people feel today.)

Edited by Beaver89
video correction

2 minutes ago, Penrhos said:

But have you read the small print on the refund insurance? 

I won't pay out unless there's a pretty serious reason why you can't go (death, hospitalization, jury duty etc.). So for most of us it wouldn't pay out and TBH if you meet some of the terms you probably wouldn't want to go anyway.

• A doctor's note confirming the condition and the date this was diagnosed.
  • Death certificate
  • Evidence of breakdown or disruption to public transport
  • Evidence of breakdown of private transport
  • Evidence of the Emergency Services attending your residence in the event of burglary or fire
  • Original witness summons instructing you to appear in court
  • Original invitation to attend jury service
  • Original advice to travel at short notice on military service
  • Print out from Met Office website/confirmation of Police Warning for weather applications

Yeah,I was laughing to myself earlier but I suppose a doctors note would be quiet easy to get if you where ill. But a small number must do it. Another thing I was thinking is there busy sorting other things. I know a friend who only got his coach travel info today. But don't suppose the reaso matters anyway why it hasn't happened yet,still be here until it does

54 minutes ago, mrbuz84 said:

Bit more delving into old emails and I can confirm insurance was available in October 2009 for 2010 festival. This was the first time of tickets being sold the previous year and having the option of paying in full or a deposit.

2009 tickets were sold on May 12th with the full amount to be paid straight away. No optional insurance was mentioned.

Can't go any further back as I mainly used a work address email, I didn't have Broadband at home. How times change!!!

Edited by StoneCircle

33 minutes ago, mrbuz84 said:

Its an insurance policy. Any claims and refunds would only happen after the festival.  The tickets would just be unused and it would have to be sent in with the claim.

Haven't followed this thread as closely this year, managed to get tickets in last years secret resale and the anticipation then was something else and that was only 5 days what are we now 10 days in this year..

Why the rumour that there may not even be a secret resale? Is that just based on the fact it hasn't happened yet..

6 minutes ago, Anderson19 said:

Haven't followed this thread as closely this year, managed to get tickets in last years secret resale and the anticipation then was something else and that was only 5 days what are we now 10 days in this year..

Why the rumour that there may not even be a secret resale? Is that just based on the fact it hasn't happened yet..

There was a email earlier today from Glasto that seemed to deny the resale in a way that they never had before. It could still be a bluff but the reply didnt leave much wiggle room for hope. Not that it will stop the determined from f5ing tomorrow. Should only be a page or two back if you wanna check out the email reply for yourself.

So yesterday afternoon I logged out of this thread and went to bed. The negativity coming through from people on here was palpable.:(

As mentioned a couple of times by @Hello... I'm Johnny Cash Sitting glued to this thread will offer very little in the way of increasing your chances of getting a ticket as long as you've got your page checkers running and you're close to your computer/phone etc.

I am however, on here because it offers moral support from like minded individuals and groups. A 'we're all in it together' sort of thing. I know a lot of posters are looking for reassurance etc. but realistically nobody knows what is going to happen. The last thing I want to read is doom mongerers posting negative comments suggesting there definitely won't be a resale or I've just asked See and they have said there won't be a resale...

There is absolutely no reason so far as to believe there won't be a resale as it has happened every year for the past few festivals but of course it may or may not happen this year.

We are only into the second week of this which is usually when something happens. Just because nothing has yet doesn't mean we're all fucked.

Stay positive folks!:)

Or failing that perhaps go and start another thread called 'The no secret resale thread 2017' where you can feed off each other's negativity until you spontaneously combust!

Rant over!:ph34r:

See you at 9am yeah?:)

Shaun.

Edited by MilkyJoe
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Morning all, 

checking in..... let's do this.

i agree with @MilkyJoe

yesterday wasn't the greatest and the lack of positivity brought me down a bit, if I honestly believed that there would be no sale, I wouldn't be in here at all.

today is a new day, it's not raining and it was this day in 2015 when the flash sale happened.

we could be at this for another week or so yet, it's not over until the fat lady sings (opens the gates).

Chin up, pinger volume up and may the knob jokes commence.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I thought I'd installed Siblin's thing, but obviously haven't, as I've had no pings.  I haven't really got a clue about IT things. Oh well, there's always pot luck.

Me neither - but I did have previous mornings - there's a lot of options with siblin though. You don't want ALL the false alarms, just good ones, which will be soon

6 minutes ago, moheetoes said:

Morning all, 

checking in..... let's do this.

i agree with @MilkyJoe

yesterday wasn't the greatest and the lack of positivity brought me down a bit, if I honestly believed that there would be no sale, I wouldn't be in here at all.

today is a new day, it's not raining and it was this day in 2015 when the flash sale happened.

we could be at this for another week or so yet, it's not over until the fat lady sings (opens the gates).

Chin up, pinger volume up and may the knob jokes commence.

Is this knob?