Secret resales 2015

Terence99

11 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

so they're selling tickets to people with the right connections.

Nope, it's not as clearcut as that. I couldn't get the other ticket I'm after via that route, but they were kind enough to get one sorted for my son. I'm taking that as a personal favour to me, but *only* because it's my son.

11 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

not sure that's a good thing to hear really. surely they should be dipping into the sizable amount of guest/hospitality tickets to sort things like that.

Given the route I got that ticket, and conversations I've had with various people who are allocated sizable numbers of tickets, I'm of the presumption that there are no other unallocated tickets to be dipped into.

1 minute ago, Shiftyp9 said:

Look Mr Gibble... I don't know who you think you are but you need to desist from insisting that point.  MY SPREADSHEET DOESN'T LIE... IF IT DID IT WOULD BE CALLED A SPREADSHIT!

entries.JPG

Haha - fair enough! I'm still upset about the guardian one. Traipsed around for 15 days and had to get the vendor to read the instruction every time. All for nothing :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, Shiftyp9 said:

Look Mr Gibble... I don't know who you think you are but you need to desist from insisting that point.  MY SPREADSHEET DOESN'T LIE... IF IT DID IT WOULD BE CALLED A SPREADSHIT!

entries.JPG

They tweeted yesterday saying keep an eye on your inbox on Tuesday though.

15 minutes ago, storm said:

delighted to hear this, I know your reasons for not sorting guaranteed tickets for yourself every year as you easily could and you try with the rest of us but glad for once you did and got what you wanted.

I'm not of the view that I've got an easy way to get tickets. I might get tickets thru a back-channel (and of course i'll try if I don't get to buy public tickets) - and I've been lucky today - but I've probably been refused as many times as I've had them sorted.

Like I say, I'm still in need of a ticket, and I'm 70% hopeful of getting it via a back-channel - but no way is it guaranteed. If it was it'd already be sorted.

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I'm not of the view that I've got an easy way to get tickets. I might get tickets thru a back-channel (and of course i'll try if I don't get to buy public tickets) - and I've been lucky today - but I've probably been refused as many times as I've had them sorted.

Like I say, I'm still in need of a ticket, and I'm 70% hopeful of getting it via a back-channel - but no way is it guaranteed. If it was it'd already be sorted.

i would up vote you for using the word back channel as I am very childish 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

From your power of either inside info or deduction Neil... do you believe that there will still be a resale, or do you believe that the email posted earlier from Glasto saying that the numbers of refunded tickets were too low is genuine? Of course, I appreciate you may be as clueless as we all are, but worth picking your brains anyhow.

1 minute ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

The licence posted several million pages back states that there are allowances for 63k 'passes' for performers, staff contractor etc etc, but that this figure was to cover expansion over something like the next 10 years, so if they've used all those up it's a bit of a concern.

That's not 63k new passes, that's 38k passes + 25k.

They get handed out in big piles in some directions, but it's often the case that they're alongside (comparatively) shit wages, and there's no area of the festival which couldn't make a strong case for getting more, too.

The number of workers got cut right back around 15 years ago, and everywhere's been struggling by with too few since then. Much of that increase would have gone in a flash.

1 minute ago, Brownie30 said:

From your power of either inside info or deduction Neil... do you believe that there will still be a resale, or do you believe that the email posted earlier from Glasto saying that the numbers of refunded tickets were too low is genuine? Of course, I appreciate you may be as clueless as we all are, but worth picking your brains anyhow.

I haven't really thought about it, but if I had done my guess is as good as your own - because i've no extra info to know one way or another.