Secret resales 2015

Terence99

33 minutes ago, franathy said:

There's quite a few people saying they are trying to get refunds and being unable to get through on the phone to See Tickets because the lines are busy... really hope that means there will be lots of tickets returned!

This is the problem they had last year which delayed the secret ressale by a week.  We might be looking at the 16th

1 hour ago, siblin said:

This is the problem they had last year which delayed the secret ressale by a week.  We might be looking at the 16th

Siblin, 

Just a quick question regarding the secret resales. Do you have a record of the times the secret resales have taken place the last few years. I know last year was around 5pm the second Monday after deadline day but what about the previous two years. I'm just trying to see if there is some sort of pattern to give myself as much chance as possible of being at a computer screen.

Thanks,

Mark

19 minutes ago, Mark_safc said:

Siblin, 

Just a quick question regarding the secret resales. Do you have a record of the times the secret resales have taken place the last few years. I know last year was around 5pm the second Monday after deadline day but what about the previous two years. I'm just trying to see if there is some sort of pattern to give myself as much chance as possible of being at a computer screen.

Thanks,

Mark

I thought there was one last year around 3pm 

3 minutes ago, Drfoxxx said:

Why don't Glastonbury after the refund date, if someone needs to give up their ticket allow them to sell it to a friend for the price they bought it at? It seems stupid and wasteful to me the way it currently is. 

Because people would abuse it and it would allow for touts... With Glasto, I would seriously pay ?? I don't even know how much for a guaranteed ticket. With my sensible hat on however I really appreciate that nobody that is desperate is taken advantage of. It is all down to the luck of the draw... But you've got to be in it to win it!! 

1 hour ago, Mark_safc said:

Siblin, 

Thanks,

Mark

Don't have an accurate record, but the three I've been involved in have been afternoon, 1 to 3pm, roughly on the hour

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, siblin said:

Don't have an accurate record, but the three I've been involved in have been afternoon, 1 to 3pm, roughly on the hour

Certainly in 2013 they were about 1pm on the Tuesday and Wednesday for coach tickets.

36 minutes ago, MadScientist said:

I definitely think they should have a fairer queuing system when tickets go up though rather than the refresh madness 

What's fairer though?  The one thing you can say is everyone, however well off, has a fair shot at a ticket for the original price. 

Before registration that wasn't always the case and certainly transferring to "friends" would see them going for a grand a pop in some cases - I believe that's how much some of those hospitality ones can be.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, MadScientist said:

I definitely think they should have a fairer queuing system when tickets go up though rather than the refresh madness 

I've heard various people say things like this over the years. Problem is I'm yet to hear one that would definitively, unarguably, be fairer. A queuing system certainly wouldn't.

Ultimately, there's 135,000 tickets on sale and it appears that (with the exception of 2008 and 2009), significantly more than 135,000 people wanted tickets and were trying to buy them at 9am on the dot. So any system can only have an element of pot luck based on the precise nanosecond that you hit the site.

With the current system, it's that you request the page at the moment a slot becomes available - a lot of pot luck, yes, but it at least does reward a certain level of persistence / effort.

A fully queue based system would mean that the first X number of people who hit the site at / after the precise moment tickets go on sale are the ones who get tickets - again, we're not talking minutes or even seconds here. We'd be down to the nanosecond or even picosecond level. So the process would become almost 100% pot luck - maybe you'd consider that fairer, but I wouldn't and I suspect most people would agree that an element of persistence being rewarded is a good thing.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, incident said:

I've heard various people say things like this over the years. Problem is I'm yet to hear one that would definitively, unarguably, be fairer. A queuing system certainly wouldn't.

Ultimately, there's 135,000 tickets on sale and it appears that (with the exception of 2008 and 2009), significantly more than 135,000 people wanted tickets and were trying to buy them at 9am on the dot. So any system can only have an element of pot luck based on the precise nanosecond that you hit the site.

With the current system, it's that you request the page at the moment a slot becomes available - a lot of pot luck, yes, but it at least does reward a certain level of persistence / effort.

A fully queue based system would mean that the first X number of people who hit the site at / after the precise moment tickets go on sale are the ones who get tickets - again, we're not talking minutes or even seconds here. We'd be down to the nanosecond or even picosecond level. So the process would become almost 100% pot luck - maybe you'd consider that fairer, but I wouldn't and I suspect most people would agree that an element of persistence being rewarded is a good thing.

That's exactly it. And because speed would be of the essence it would advantage the computer savvy, those with lower latency in their connection and those geographically closer to the servers. That would mean that a whole group of people could find it far harder to ever get a ticket.

About the only thing I can think of that might make it fairer is to lengthen the sale again. Many people rope in friends and family to help on ticket day, but in my experience if they've not personally got a dog in the race they give up after 15-20 minutes on the holding page. That leaves the committed to battle it out. But then again it's the committed who are more likely to have others helping, so maybe there's a fundamental flaw in my reasoning. And who's to say the committed are any more entitled to go than others? 

3 hours ago, clarkete said:

Certainly in 2013 they were about 1pm on the Tuesday and Wednesday for coach tickets.

What's fairer though?  The one thing you can say is everyone, however well off, has a fair shot at a ticket for the original price. 

Before registration that wasn't always the case and certainly transferring to "friends" would see them going for a grand a pop in some cases - I believe that's how much some of those hospitality ones can be.

Like I mean an actual queuing system rather than random or something and when you get to the booking page like a timer on filling out rather than just booting you back off

I think the demand for glasto has gone up personally cos its the one of the only big festivals that has stuck. Around 2007 I think there was a bit of a festival fever and all the festivals were really good and all the line ups were really good, i think thats dipped a bit in recent years and theres not as big of an interest in festivals as there used to be (though it's certainly not died). A lot of the festivals are bit crappier than they used to be but you can always guarantee glasto to be good because it's glasto so more people wanna go there and less everywhere else

Hi all

is it too late to be added to the what's app group for the secret resale notification? I have a follow that page notification set up for changes to the glasto page however I'm thinking every little helps..! In desperate need of two tickets for mates. 

Cheers..x

14 hours ago, clarkete said:

Yep exactly right! Got ours on Tuesday that year

I believe it was around 3pm either last year or the year before (had ours from October both years so didn't need to try for that sale)

Regarding a possible 'fairer' way of dishing out tickets, I don't think it can get much fairer than it already is. I may be very biased in saying that considering we've had great luck over the last 6 years and I know if one year we don't get tickets, I'll demand a fairer system as mentioned above but the reality is, however many number of attenants there are, the ratio is probably 2, 3, or 4 : 1 of those who don't and who were trying for tickets. I almost feel like a year we don't get tickets is imminent given the odds, but I don't need to worry about that until October ;)

Hi, I know its been ongoing for a while now and I have been lurking quite a lot. I have only just found out that 2 of our group didn't get tickets and they were gutted but suffering in silence. Is it possible to get added to the whatsapp group so I can get them there with us?

No worries if not, it will be a lot of checking back here in that case.

20 hours ago, Travis Tee said:

Hi just another query.  Have a friend who is desperate for one ticket. I see the Whats App is filling/full up. Can they still ask to join or will they get a notification here if they just watch this message board all day?

message me your number

12 hours ago, glastogirl88 said:

Hi all

is it too late to be added to the what's app group for the secret resale notification? I have a follow that page notification set up for changes to the glasto page however I'm thinking every little helps..! In desperate need of two tickets for mates. 

Cheers..x

mssage me number x

48 minutes ago, cityboy75 said:

all up to date with WhatsApp just a little moan I do work guys ;) so it does help if you do actually have WhatsApp and also that you type your number correct means I can add you with out chasing

Much love to you all x

you're an angel :wub: