Secret resales 2015

Terence99

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

it turned out that wasn't the reason after all (it jumped out at me as the probable reason when she said the payment hadn't gone thru).

Yeh I was having a dippy moment :-/ soz!! I'm so jittery about getting tickets it's turned me into an idiot!

4 minutes ago, alchemical said:

Is the Check Page service only for UK users, Neil? I signed up but it's asking for a UK mobile, and though I'm a Londoner, I'm currently living in Australia for an OZ-only mobile.

it's set-up to accept only UK numbers because I'm not sure what the score is with texts to overseas networks with the text service I'm using, plus for validating numbers as being correctly formatted.

My focus when building the site was on getting something online that worked as soon as I could, rather than covering all bases.

One of the many things on my to-do list for improvement is the number validation and seeing whether non-UK numbers are possible, but I think it's unlikely to be done in the next couple of weeks, sorry.

Disappointing but completely understood. Unless I missed it, maybe worth adding as info on the sign-up page, as it wasn't until I submitted the paypal payment that this became apparent. Though I can't use it myself, thanks for setting this up. I'm sure it's going to help a lot of people out.

6 minutes ago, MadScientist said:

Anyone buying alone who wants to split the effort? Have enough money for 2 tickets so can split the effort if anyone else is same position? Send me a message if you're interested x x

Like I've said above please be careful doing this :)

41 minutes ago, alchemical said:

Disappointing but completely understood. Unless I missed it, maybe worth adding as info on the sign-up page, as it wasn't until I submitted the paypal payment that this became apparent. Though I can't use it myself, thanks for setting this up. I'm sure it's going to help a lot of people out.

ahhh, my apologies - I'll update the front page to make that clear.

If you email me (admin@checkpage.co.uk) the details of your payment I'm very happy to refund you.

Edited by eFestivals

Hi everyone! I'm desperate to get a ticket for my friend, i've set up some page monitors but i've seen on here you guys have a whatsapp group set up...I was wondering if there's any chance i could join? I'm a student so should get away with being on my laptop all day so will be around to alert! No worries if it's full up and good luck to everyone for getting a ticket x 

2 hours ago, cb4747 said:

I do have another tip for anyone with an iPhone. If you open the Glastonbury.seetickets page in Safari and click the 'add to home screen' button and keep it on the first page of your home screen then every now and again you can open the page, but each time you open it, it refreshes so it's a fairly good extra way of just checking. That's what I've been doing and doesn't take too much effort! 

Thanks for this, working great! have added to my checking system. Good luck all 

17 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

ahhh, my apologies - I'll update the front page to make that clear.

If you email me (admin@checkpage.co.uk) the details of your payment I'm very happy to refund you.

Not a problem, Neil. And all good, consider it a contribution to a worthy (farm) cause.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

it's set-up to accept only UK numbers because I'm not sure what the score is with texts to overseas networks with the text service I'm using, plus for validating numbers as being correctly formatted.

My focus when building the site was on getting something online that worked as soon as I could, rather than covering all bases.

One of the many things on my to-do list for improvement is the number validation and seeing whether non-UK numbers are possible, but I think it's unlikely to be done in the next couple of weeks, sorry.

Neil I second trying to add non UK numbers next time, we are ok for this year as got our last tickets in the last re-sale but for what it's worth just to say there are a good few of us in Ireland who would sign up if we are secret re-salers next year even if it had to cost a bit more than for UK ones. Thanks

Edited by storm

Thanks for setting that up Neil signed up this morning.

@cityboy75 is this a seperate whAtsapp group to that of T-Mouse that you have set up?

Does anyone know of a quick way to turn off whAtsapp notifications on iPhone.. Obviously i want them on to get the initial notification but then as I'm trying to put in detail id rather not have the hundreds of notifications coming through from the whAtsapp group as it'll probabaly crash my phone! 

Suppose quickly muting the chat would be faster than going into settings and doing it that way.

Just now, Anderson19 said:

@cityboy75 is this a seperate whAtsapp group to that of T-Mouse that you have set up?

Does anyone know of a quick way to turn off whAtsapp notifications on iPhone.. Obviously i want them on to get the initial notification but then as I'm trying to put in detail id rather not have the hundreds of notifications coming through from the whAtsapp group as it'll probabaly crash my phone! 

Suppose quickly muting the chat would be faster than going into settings and doing it that way.

At this moment in time I wouldnt personally turn off the notifications for the whatsapp glastonbury group until the secret sale has passed! You never know. 

5 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

At this moment in time I wouldnt personally turn off the notifications for the whatsapp glastonbury group until the secret sale has passed! You never know. 

yeah i very strongly doubt they would, but imagine they thought "humm why not do it at 9am on a sunday like normal sales"

11 minutes ago, Anderson19 said:

Hopefully everyone will be busy putting their details in and not setting of notifications :)

1 minute ago, Anderson19 said:

I'm not on about turning the notifications off yet. What I mean is when it's does go "live" what's app will be going crazy as I'm trying to put in my details on phone so i wasn't the quickest way to turn them off at that point.

ahhh I understand sorry! Probably muting the conversation or turning off the notifications in settings. I'm tracking this thread in the forums, as well as being signed up to multiple page trackers and Whatsapp groups. My phone will probably explode when the time comes. 

6 hours ago, cityboy75 said:

Phew all up to date on whatsapp and like last year those that are successful like last year me and Siblin arranged a meet up at cider bus but of the many we helped only 4 turned up we don't do it for reward but is always nice to put names to faces :D

Will definitely be meeting up if I get a ticket, cheers for the help, top job.. 

6 hours ago, cityboy75 said:

Phew all up to date on whatsapp and like last year those that are successful like last year me and Siblin arranged a meet up at cider bus but of the many we helped only 4 turned up we don't do it for reward but is always nice to put names to faces :D

If I'm successful with tickets i would most definitely be there, probably drunk and a bit tearful with happiness. 

3 hours ago, Anderson19 said:

I'm not on about turning the notifications off yet. What I mean is when it's does go "live" what's app will be going crazy as I'm trying to put in my details on phone so i wasn't the quickest way to turn them off at that point.

I should have thought the quickest and easiest way would be to mute the entire phone. Depends which one you've got, but if yours doesn't have a dedicated physical mute bottom you can often assign one. Or just use the volume keys. 

6 minutes ago, musky said:

I should have thought the quickest and easiest way would be to mute the entire phone. Depends which one you've got, but if yours doesn't have a dedicated physical mute bottom you can often assign one. Or just use the volume keys. 

I think it's more that notifications appear on the screen with a vibration, just when you are trying to type in your payment details that will be quite off putting if you are using the same device. Muting the whatsapp group as soon as the sale is live would be easiest. It's 2 clicks.

If you just want the notification that is started and are going to be using a PC & not your phone then you may aswell leave it buzzing at you until you have your booking complete screen 

• Upvote 1

Anyway, resales. What's been the deal with coach and general resales in the past few years? Are there separate sales, do they happen at separate times and if so in what order? I realise it depends on what's returned, but information on trends would be good.

I want to go, but not travel from London to Edinburgh to Pilton want to go.

8 minutes ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

I think it's more that notifications appear on the screen with a vibration, just when you are trying to type in your payment details that will be quite off putting if you are using the same device. Muting the whatsapp group as soon as the sale is live would be easiest. It's 2 clicks.

If you just want the notification that is started and are going to be using a PC & not your phone then you may aswell leave it buzzing at you until you have your booking complete screen 

Ah, I didn't even consider the notifications! That's got me thinking now. I can live with the sounds but having banners pop up could be very distracting!