Secret resales 2015

Terence99

4 minutes ago, Anderson19 said:

I also convinced myself that they were doing some late night work ready to put the tickets back on sale at 9am today!

Im an optimist!

Don't say that!!! I'm out walking my dogs at the moment. Now I'm nervous. 

• Upvote 1

Anyway, my apologies if it was a false alert caused by poor error handling in my backend programs. What this has taught me is that I'm not logging the right things to actually know what the issue was.

I'm currently working on some improved logging, and some better error handling which I should have in place shortly.

I have a slight concern that the changes might trigger an alert, but there's only one way to find out......

46 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

the tour URL 'changed' at 1:07:37. It changed again at 1:07:46
The main url 'changed' at 01:11:07. It changed again at 01:11:15.

I was awake and looking at the change time, I got the text as near as instant to the change taking place.1:07 and 1:11. Was on the site within seconds so it was a very successful dry run Neil.

Must admit it made me scrap my lie in as I thought it might be a background change ahead of 9am Sunday resale :lol:

Hi everyone! I've just been looking through this thread and I know I'm not a member of the community, so no worries if not, but if possible I would be very grateful to be allowed to use this alert service! I'm 18 and my boyfriend got a ticket but I didn't and we were meant to go together so I'm very desperate to go, thanks! :)

20 hours ago, Anderson19 said:

Thanks for setting that up Neil signed up this morning.

@cityboy75 is this a seperate whAtsapp group to that of T-Mouse that you have set up?

Does anyone know of a quick way to turn off whAtsapp notifications on iPhone.. Obviously i want them on to get the initial notification but then as I'm trying to put in detail id rather not have the hundreds of notifications coming through from the whAtsapp group as it'll probabaly crash my phone! 

Suppose quickly muting the chat would be faster than going into settings and doing it that way.

Of course it is mine is the original:D and the quickest way to stop it would be delete the app then reinstall after you get through I don't think you would lose any conversations

15 minutes ago, cityboy75 said:

Of course it is mine is the original:D and the quickest way to stop it would be delete the app then reinstall after you get through I don't think you would lose any conversations

Delete the app and reinstall - simple yet by far the quickest way.

1 minute ago, abiwish said:

I have managed to find the link to join efestival's service from a few pages back, but could anyone explain to me what the other service is and the whatsapp group? Thank you!! :) 

Siblin has an alert that is via email only, and there are two whatsapp groups (well, technically 3 at the moment) run by T Mouse and Cityboy75. 

Alright, I signed up to the page change thing for the Roundhouse gigs after getting booted off the buy page because of a school boy error when they first came out, and I got about 35 messages from 6:01 - 6:34 is that just servers backing up? 

Hey guys I've been a lurker on here for some time. 2 of our group are missing tickets after going for the last 8 years (sure there should be some loyalty program!)

I downloaded the Web Alert App to my phone last night and it seems to have picked up the changes to the main page last night (set it on that one to check it was working but also got it on the glastonbury.seetickets.com too). Any thoughts on this app over getting Siblins notifications? I don't want to be cheeky and ask for it as a newbie poster!

38 minutes ago, Charlie Shooter said:

Hey guys I've been a lurker on here for some time. 2 of our group are missing tickets after going for the last 8 years (sure there should be some loyalty program!)

I downloaded the Web Alert App to my phone last night and it seems to have picked up the changes to the main page last night (set it on that one to check it was working but also got it on the glastonbury.seetickets.com too). Any thoughts on this app over getting Siblins notifications? I don't want to be cheeky and ask for it as a newbie poster!

Absolutely not

I got tickets in the secret resale last year and was relying on Siblin and Cityboy's alerts for notification of the sale. It wasn't a one alert deal. Changes were being made to the website beforehand and the whatapp group lit up like a firework display on bonfire night - I was in no doubt whatsoever that something was happening. And when the sale did go live that was notified as well. 

I think it's possible to go overboard with alerts, especially as notifications might well interfere with the booking process. Belt and braces are a good idea, but it is possible to go over the top.