Secret resales 2015

Terence99

25 minutes ago, Anderson19 said:

Yeah I think muting the conversation instantly will be the best option. 

Thanks for the tips!

Turning on do not disturb is very quick and will stop notifications coming through. 
Charm x

Edited by Charm
Doesn't stop calls when unlocked.

9 minutes ago, Untz said:

I want to go, but not travel from London to Edinburgh to Pilton want to go.

I think you may need to prepare to be disappointed then to be honest, the chance of a resale ticket is pretty slim and in my experience it was just beggars can't be choosers.  I realised that sounds pretty grumpy about it, but I just mean you'll improve your odds dramatically if you're flexible.

Edited by clarkete

16 minutes ago, clarkete said:

I think you may need to prepare to be disappointed then to be honest, the chance of a resale ticket is pretty slim and in my experience it was just beggars can't be choosers.  I realised that sounds pretty grumpy about it, but I just mean you'll improve your odds dramatically if you're flexible.

No, I understand and I have taken that into account. Edinburgh is a bad example because a short trip there would be nice, but the the thoughts the same. 

Honestly, I've already resigned myself to two weeks in an all inclusive cheap last minute deal on the med drinking cocktails all day. Part of me thinks that would be better.

But having as much as information as possible before I delve head first into the madness would be incredibly helpful.

3 minutes ago, Untz said:

No, I understand and I have taken that into account. Edinburgh is a bad example because a short trip there would be nice, but the the thoughts the same. 

Honestly, I've already resigned myself to two weeks in an all inclusive cheap last minute deal on the med drinking cocktails all day. Part of me thinks that would be better.

But having as much as information as possible before I delve head first into the madness would be incredibly helpful.

I think being positive is the best thing! Definitely keep your hopes up and if it doesn't go well, then oh well! There's next year. I know I would be so upset but it really isn't the end of the world, that's what I keep telling myself. Plus there's competitions up to the week before the festival so there's always that!

Just now, cb4747 said:

I think being positive is the best thing! Definitely keep your hopes up and if it doesn't go well, then oh well! There's next year. I know I would be so upset but it really isn't the end of the world, that's what I keep telling myself. Plus there's competitions up to the week before the festival so there's always that!

Exactly! But I think a big part of being positive while ticketless at this stage of the year is partly due to having a good back up plan. I've done the mourning period after previous sales/resales, I don't need it now. 

4 minutes ago, Untz said:

Exactly! But I think a big part of being positive while ticketless at this stage of the year is partly due to having a good back up plan. I've done the mourning period after previous sales/resales, I don't need it now. 

Well my back up plan is treating myself to posh camping at latitude if I don't get the Glastonbury tickets. Trust me on the competitions though it isn't impossible. If I wasn't so determined to catch these secret sales I would leave it down to the chance of a competition win but I've hyped myself up for these sales now!

When the time comes turning off WhatsApp notifications is a good idea.   During a recent false alarm I couldn't do anything on my phone due to the constant notifications.  On my android its the three dots on the top right, click mute and deselect the show notifications box.  As @Charm said is very quick.

Just now, cb4747 said:

@siblin just received your email update. It's working swimmingly! Definitely helped changing my email notification settings on my phone. 

ace :) figured it would be a useful tool for people just to make sure they are getting the emails through nice and fast

Thanks, Siblin, worked brilliantly for me too!  Just on efestival's system, I'm probably just being a bit dense, but do we know the email address his notifications are coming from?  I can't seem to see it - I want to put it in my VIP list and set the notification for a really big noise like I have with siblin's!  Tried to DM him but think his inbox must be full.

8 minutes ago, Tessar said:

Thanks, Siblin, worked brilliantly for me too!  Just on efestival's system, I'm probably just being a bit dense, but do we know the email address his notifications are coming from?  I can't seem to see it - I want to put it in my VIP list and set the notification for a really big noise like I have with siblin's!  Tried to DM him but think his inbox must be full.

I think if you're using an iPhone just click the word 'Siblin' on the 'from' part

Thanks, I've got siblin's, but not efestival's - his email confirming my registration was a do not reply.  His system alerts via text and email, but I just don't want his email to get lost in my normal email traffic, as I only have a loud notification sound set up on my VIP list, not for other emails.

28 minutes ago, Anderson19 said:

I've tried this but for some reason the notifications still come through even on do not disturb mode.

Check the settings, it could be set to silence only when the phone is locked, this can be changed to always. 
Charm x

Something happened last night my phone was going mad at about 2-00am, it turns out that Glasto announced their circus stage. So it looks like everything is working. I feel so lucky being part of this group and having a bunch of clever computer guys helping us. I will be happy to buy the first round of cider on Thursday.

Cheers

Travis

6 hours ago, Anderson19 said:

Just had 4 alerts from Neil's texts message tracker

2 for the Glastonbury.seetickets page and 2 for the Glastonbury/tour page.

Nothing through from my own or siblins page however.

You'd only get alerts from other systems if those other systems detected a change. To detect a change they'd all have to check within the same timeframe that a change existed.

Looking at my logs...

the tour URL 'changed' at 1:07:37. It changed again at 1:07:46
The main url 'changed' at 01:11:07. It changed again at 01:11:15.

In both cases the 'change' was that not all of the normal current page was served (it's missing some of the buying options that are normally there). In both cases at different times it omitted exactly the same things.

So while I can only speculate at what happened, my speculation is that something was happening in the backend systems at See (a backup most likely, as it happened in the middle of the night) that caused a different response for a short period of time.

Right now I'm not fully sure whether my system should have tried to handle the 'change' as a bad or good response from the ticket servers. There's stuff that suggests it could have been either, so will look deeper at this as soon as I have the chance, and improve the error handling if that's what's needed.

1 minute ago, liambarton said:

Yeah the same here at 1.07am then 1.11am. No obvious signs of change though. Any idea what was Neil?

See above for what I know of the detected change right now.

But it's great to see you say the times you got the alerts, as it shows the alerts were very quick. :)