Questions that you don't feel deserve their own thread

klipper

If efestivals have him listed as TBC, then it's very very likely he'll play.

They do make an occasional mistake, but generally most people take TBC as being as close to a confirmed appearance as you can get without the festival announcing it. I can only recall a handful of TBCs over the years that haven't panned out - most notably Coldplay this year and the Pet Shop Boys last year.

I'm pretty sure that the info on him playing came from his own website, so to borrow a phrase used in these circles I reckon he's nailed on

Nice one, this will make my festival!

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody know how likely it is that Christy Moore will play? He's tbc for Friday at the moment.

Glasto was at one time listed in Christy's tourdates, which is where the TBC comes from.

I've just checked again now, and it's no longer there - tho that's probably because he was asked to take it down rather than it's not now happening.

Is there a queue to get into the festival site from East CV field on the Weds morning? Do the CV users have their own gate, or will we have to join in with all the others who are camping in a huge queue? (trying to work out if it's worth laying in Weds and trying to head into the site around lunch time if so).

Is there a queue to get into the festival site from East CV field on the Weds morning? Do the CV users have their own gate, or will we have to join in with all the others who are camping in a huge queue? (trying to work out if it's worth laying in Weds and trying to head into the site around lunch time if so).

just one big queue early doors

by lunch time you'll walk straight in

Does anyone know what happens if you miss your (see tickets) coach? I have a friend returning from holiday the Wednesday morning so was wondering if his flight was delayed what would happen.

This certainly isn't guaranteed, but in the past Coach drivers have usually handed over any unclaimed tickets to the enquiries cabin at Gate A, and people have been able to collect tickets there at that point.

So if he does miss the coach, he should make his own way to the site - but he's not getting through the gate until his coach has arrived / disembarked / done all the relevant paperwork and the enquiries office have processed it, all of which may take a while to complete.

All those in CV East enter the festival at Gate C, separate from car drivers, those in CV West and those camping at the festival. All these latter groups use other gates.

The queue is mainly to get the wristband, programme and then jump up and down with happiness, but it lessens after lunch (the queue, not the happiness).

Edited by carlosj

All those in CV East enter the festival at Gate C, separate from car drivers, those in CV West and those camping at the festival. All these latter groups use other gates.

The queue is mainly to get the wristband, programme and then jump up and down with happiness, but it lessens after lunch (the queue, not the happiness).

I think this is wrong.

Those in CV East share Gate C with those in Car Parks on the east side (catered for by gates B and C)

It is CV West that has its own entrance as noted on the map (not gates A, B, C or D)

I think this is wrong.

Those in CV East share Gate C with those in Car Parks on the east side (catered for by gates B and C)

It is CV West that has its own entrance as noted on the map (not gates A, B, C or D)

Really? I'm trying to visualise where the car drivers/campers come in from, to get to C. I've only seen foot traffic from the CV fields to this gate.

They walk through the CV fields. The Car Parks are further out.

And I just thought there were loads of us. That's a long way to come in then.

Your iPhone 4 has a 1420mah battery, because it's an iPhone you are probably going to need to charge it at least once a day (where else is the ghost of Steve Jobs expected to get his power from) working on you being there six days you are going to need a charger with at least 9000mah capacity. I prefer a bit of redundancy bearing in mind that the Chargers themselves will lose some battery power over the course of the week so I would get any 12000mah battery pack that you like the look of.

I would still however look at a 20000mah because they are really cheap, this one is £20 and has some decent reviews and is probably the one I would buy if I was getting one today.

Your iPhone 4 has a 1420mah battery, because it's an iPhone you are probably going to need to charge it at least once a day (where else is the ghost of Steve Jobs expected to get his power from) working on you being there six days you are going to need a charger with at least 9000mah capacity. I prefer a bit of redundancy bearing in mind that the Chargers themselves will lose some battery power over the course of the week so I would get any 12000mah battery pack that you like the look of.

I would still however look at a 20000mah because they are really cheap, this one is £20 and has some decent reviews and is probably the one I would buy if I was getting one today.

Thanks.well appreciated.s.

cheers for the tip! just purchased one of these.....bargain!

If you are there (CV East) on Tuesday night and want to get into the festival earlier than the masses from the car parks, get on the hill of death before 7am.. They march them out of the car parks about then for the 8am opening..

I am coming from the States and currently do not own a pair of Wellies. Will finding a pair to buy at the festival be easy?

yes but at the festival they will be expencive, best try get some before you get there

but you won't need them NFR NFC