Questions that you don't feel deserve their own thread

klipper

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys, just signed up. Got myself tickets for the first time this year, so have been checking the forums every day in excitement!

Quick question to add to this thread;

When I pay the ticket balances (I'm paying for 6 of them) will I be able to add 2 campervan pitches in the one transaction? Or is there a limit to 1 pitch ticket? (want to be fully prepared!)

Hi guys, just signed up. Got myself tickets for the first time this year, so have been checking the forums every day in excitement!

Quick question to add to this thread;

When I pay the ticket balances (I'm paying for 6 of them) will I be able to add 2 campervan pitches in the one transaction? Or is there a limit to 1 pitch ticket? (want to be fully prepared!)

I'm pretty sure you can add 2, as I think this happened for our group last year.

Daft question alert. I've suddenly got the urge to purchase some battery operated fairy lights to decorate my tent with (yes, I know it's extremely sad and tacky, please don't judge me). What do people reckon are the chances of them getting stolen and/or attracting theives to go through my tent? Would only be switching them on when I'm actually at the tent, and awake.

Daft question alert. I've suddenly got the urge to purchase some battery operated fairy lights to decorate my tent with (yes, I know it's extremely sad and tacky, please don't judge me). What do people reckon are the chances of them getting stolen and/or attracting theives to go through my tent? Would only be switching them on when I'm actually at the tent, and awake.

I use them but for the outside of my tent so I can find it! Mine are solar powered, must be worth £5 at most! (I wind them round the ropes a bit)

Is it worth bringing a chair? So many congregate by their tents at times?

Sitting down is always good I grant you but is there enough space to sit outside your tent?

Plus I gotta carry the kiddie too

Definitely worth bringing a chair - especially if you're in a tent. You could probably manage fine with a rug on the ground when it is warm, dry and daylight - not so much if any of those don't apply, particularly when you've got a little 'un in tow (or arms as the case may be).

Is it worth bringing a chair? So many congregate by their tents at times?

Sitting down is always good I grant you but is there enough space to sit outside your tent?

Plus I gotta carry the kiddie too

Chairs - now there's a subject that will attract rants from some. You certainly need one at your tent. I carry one around the festival with me just to sit from time to time and rest my dodgy back. But, before people jump on me, I don't plonk it down at the front of a stage. There are lots of places around the festival where it's great just to sit and watch the world go by, or have a bite to eat, so a chair can be very useful.

How much can I carry? Planning out what I can bring in terms of weight and have no idea what is realistic in a 70l rucksack?

Anyone got an estimate of what a 30 year old 90kg lad could carry on his back? 40kg, 50, 60?

For a days hiking a general rule of thumb for an upper limit of a quarter of your body weight so 23kg for a 90kg person. Obviously you aren't doing a full days hike but depending on where you are parked and camping / how well you know the site / when you arrive you could easily be walking 2-3 miles and shuffling in a queue for an hour, so it's not to bad a guess.

How much can I carry? Planning out what I can bring in terms of weight and have no idea what is realistic in a 70l rucksack?

Anyone got an estimate of what a 30 year old 90kg lad could carry on his back? 40kg, 50, 60?

I would say 30kg. Especially if you're up all night on the Tuesday.

Depends on the weather, if it looks like it might be a bit nippy then jeans are good, but you don't want to wear them if its w*t

Edited by bexj

Bringing cargo/combat shorts a few pairs but should I bring a pair of jeans?

To me they seem a bit heavy I dunno, plus it it's hot they may be uncomfortable.

It's down to personal preference, but a few things you might want to consider..

Number of pockets and whether they zip/button up.

Suitability for all potential conditions - you could easily experience any combination of hot/cold and wet/dry and various points in between - possibly in quick succession.

Whether you want to have a single solution or whether you're happy to pack (and carry) multiple options and then head back to the tent to change as appropriate.

Personally I've switched exclusively to hiking trousers in recent years (Forclaz 900 from Decathlon to be exact) - synthetic material so they make a slight noise when you move (although only noticeable in a quiet room), but incredibly lightweight and dry out very quickly. Lots of pockets as well. Only real downside is they'd not be great in extreme cold.

Bringing cargo/combat shorts a few pairs but should I bring a pair of jeans?

To me they seem a bit heavy I dunno, plus it it's hot they may be uncomfortable.

I wouldn't bother. If it's hot then you're right they'd be uncomfortable and they're no use in the rain either. As incident says things like hiking trousers or even a pair of trackies would be better as they're not as heavy and would dry out quicker.