TITP 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gorrilaz have headlined Glasto, meaning they are definitely big enough to headline, whether they would fit into a T line up is a different topic all together.

they headlined as a late fill-in, after U2 had to cancel because Bono had done his back in (or something).

So that doesn't necessarily make them Glastonbury headliner status.

And it went down like a lead balloon with a lot of people.

they headlined as a late fill-in, after U2 had to cancel because Bono had done his back in (or something).

So that doesn't necessarily make them Glastonbury headliner status.

And it went down like a lead balloon with a lot of people.

In fairness, even Albarn basically said it was shite and he wasn't happy with it.

Just noticed Dave Rowntree tweeted an article about Blur doing T next year saying he'd love to do it. Not sure how much we can read into that though.

I'd very much imagine Ellis has been pushing for it already. I wouldn't be shocked to see them play there, I don't think they quite have a gig there that goes down in memory like Glastonbury did.

Apparently the set last time was absolutely brilliant. My wee cousin was there and loved the shortened set because they just flung the big guns out from start to finish with no break.

Oh I don't disagree it would of been great bus when even Damon is asked about a gig highlight, it was Glasto that came up. It does feel like the one not to tarnish. I actually feel like a T and R&L shared slot could happen. With a new album as well, I'd be surprised if they only did IOW and Hyde Park with no other gigs as well.

I don't believe in great moments getting tarnished. If it's possible to tarnish something just by doing it not so well in the future, then they weren't that great in the first place.

Oh I think it's possible. Sometimes, there can just be a moment with a band where everything, the setlist is perfect and that's how that band should end there. Not exactly like they were at the start of their careers there but possibly at the peak of their powers if you like.

One word - QOTSA. Scotland needs more Queens

Taking a long break unfortunately. Hopefully we will live to see QOTSA at T again 

If foo fighters don't reschedule there murrayfield gig I wouldn't be surprised to see them pop up a T next year.

Yeah makes sense. I had Foos as just coming back to the UK for R&L next year but they'll defo be coming back for Glasto/Wembley and that does open the door for TITP (Ellis would certainly take them).

Wouldn't count on it.. Reckon they've signed a UK exclusive deal to reading and that means that they can't play Glastonbury

While Emilys comments did refer to Foo's a couple of years down the line, they have to try and make it seem like it wouldn't be a straight return for them as ticket day is going to be horrible for people who have it stuck in their head that it'll happen anyway.

But I don't think Foo's will be at T next year, not at all.

Yeah makes sense. I had Foos as just coming back to the UK for R&L next year but they'll defo be coming back for Glasto/Wembley and that does open the door for TITP (Ellis would certainly take them).

I don't think T will happen. They aren't going to do R&L, T, Glasto and Wembley Shows. Glasto is the non payout, Wembley will fly anyway, I think Murrayfield will be rescheduled when a better plan is I'm place and they'll take less money to to R&L. It's not how it normally happens but if they can book Green Day when at Emirates as well who would have had to take a less headline R&L fee then Foo's can easily be done.

At the moment I'd opt for FATM, Calvin Harris, Blur and Coldplay. If they do any earlier fests then Muse could be an option.