TITP 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say florence is a good bet considering the head of the fest has stated he'd like to book her.

Can't really think of the others... I'd imagine someone releasing a new album next year. Calvin will be back in a coheadline with someone I reckon though.

Paolo Nutini

Ed Sheeran (Disclosure closing set)

Muse

For subs pick any from Two Door Cinema Club, Foals, Chvrches, The 1975, Fall Out Boy, Jake Bugg, Twin Atlantic, BMTH.

If Paolo's got new stuff out then he seems like an obvious choice, wasn't expecting anything from him before next summer though. I think Imagine Dragons and Ellie Goulding are potential subs as well.

If Paolo's got new stuff out then he seems like an obvious choice, wasn't expecting anything from him before next summer though.

Well he originally said he'd put out another record around a year after Caustic Love came out so who knows :(

I think Imagine Dragons and Ellie Goulding are potential subs as well.

Also possible TDCC could go the way of The Vaccines and against all expectations be booked for lower slots than they were getting before they went away, too early to say probably.

Why? Whats the point at this stage in all honesty? Its even more of a stab in the dark than usual.

Is it? Foo's and Muse are touring early summer and T missed out - gone.

Geoff wants Florence, shoe in.

Calvin could sell anything to the Scots, shoe in.

Gorillaz are returning with a new album, Blur, shoe out lol.

Take you're realistic guitar bands at the minute, so Coldplay and KOL.

Take your rise to headliner with new material, Paulo Nutini.

Pretty self explanatory haha

Wee bit of an update/tweak to my guessing:

FRIDAY

Kanye West

Bastille

Foals

Frank Turner

Nero

SATURDAY

Calvin Harris

Florence + The Machine

Two Door Cinema Club

HAIM

Royal Blood

Frightened Rabbit

SUNDAY

Muse

The Strokes

Imagine Dragons

Disclosure

Chvrches

Dizzee Rascal

Also there: The 1975, Frank Turner, Madeon, Of Monsters & Men, Prides, Duke Dumont, Circa Waves, Slaves, Lonely The Brave, Wolf Alice, Catfish & The Bottlemen, Years & Years, James Bay

Wee bit of an update/tweak to my guessing:

FRIDAY

Kanye West

Bastille

Foals

Frank Turner

Nero

SATURDAY

Calvin Harris

Florence + The Machine

Two Door Cinema Club

HAIM

Royal Blood

Frightened Rabbit

SUNDAY

Muse

The Strokes

Imagine Dragons

Disclosure

Chvrches

Dizzee Rascal

Also there: The 1975, Frank Turner, Madeon, Of Monsters & Men, Prides, Duke Dumont, Circa Waves, Slaves, Lonely The Brave, Wolf Alice, Catfish & The Bottlemen, Years & Years, James Bay

And for that reason.....I'm out. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Gonna give it a go

Headliners

• Mumford & Sons
  • Florence & The Machine (Closing set by Calvin)
  • Blur

Subs

• Ben Howard
  • Foals
  • Disclosure

Third On The Bill

• Bastiille
  • Chvrches
  • Bring Me The Horizon

Radio 1 Headliners

• Pendulum Reunion (If not Above & Beyond)
  • Royal Blood
  • Chase & Status

Tuts Headliners

• Belle & Sebastian
  • London Grammar
  • Frightened Rabbit

An altered version of my previous prediction

This is the exact headliner bill and a similar general setup to what I thought. Only difference is not a closing set from Calvin imo, and maybe Axwell ^ Ingrosso or summat.

Ed Sheeran.

Florence and The Machine/Calvin Harris.

Foo Fighters.

Ed will headline I'm certain of it but I think he might have a quiet 2016 & do Glasto/TITP and the lot in 2017. Foos are probably more likley than Blur but it depends on them still touring next year. One of Blur/Foos/Muse/KOL will have the 3rd headline slot

Ed will headline I'm certain of it but I think he might have a quiet 2016 & do Glasto/TITP and the lot in 2017. Foos are probably more likley than Blur but it depends on them still touring next year. One of Blur/Foos/Muse/KOL will have the 3rd headline slot

Yeah I agree with most of this. Don't think Ed will have an album out by next summer and he's more than big enough that he can afford to leave it until 2017 rather than rush an album for next year.

I don't think Muse will play but yeah probably one of those other 3.

Fair point actually. They'll probably stick to stadiums with Isle of Wight booking them as an exclusive

IOW seem to have given up on their 'not booking acts with big London gigs' thing so you might be right there. Don't see them doing R&L if they do stadiums so that just leaves IOW and T.