Victorious 2015

the wonderwhy

Flaming Lips setlist from Sound City yesterday, guessing we'll get something like this?

The Abandoned Hospital Ship
Fight Test
The Yeah Yeah Yeah Song (With All Your Power)
Pompeii Am Götterdämmerung
Psychiatric Explorations of the Fetus With Needles
Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots, Pt. 1
Feeling Yourself Disintegrate
Vein of Stars
Butterfly, How Long It Takes to Die
A Spoonful Weighs a Ton
Encore:
Do You Realize??

Looks pretty nice, happy that Fight Test and Yeah Yeah Yeah are back in the setlist. I'd like to see Race for the Prize as well but still I'm very excited for this!

Opening with The Abandoned Hospital Ship at End of the Road last year was amazing, I do really hope they repeat this at least! Also, glad to see they have ditched some of the covers; a band with a back catalogue like that really does not need them in a limited festival set.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know when anyone's coming down, but Ash are playing Wedgewood Rooms on the Friday night, which isn't far from the common at all.

Some people may be interested if they're down on the Friday night :)

Good shout, would have to get another days accommodation but worth considering.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Damn, Super Furry Animals against Johnny Marr may end up a hard decision to make. 

Yeah, clocked that one. Ballache! Had the same thing last year there when Shed 7 and DLS v SP clashed. Gonna have to go with the Furries though.

Just booked for this. We were in 2 minds but had such a great weekend at '2000Trees' decided to get another one. Now struggling to find a bloody hotel that isn't charging a fortune. 

Yeah, clocked that one. Ballache! Had the same thing last year there when Shed 7 and DLS v SP clashed. Gonna have to go with the Furries though.

Just booked for this. We were in 2 minds but had such a great weekend at '2000Trees' decided to get another one. Now struggling to find a bloody hotel that isn't charging a fortune. 

I was looking at it, but £350 for two nights in a holiday inn  express and £500 for what looks like an upmarket bed and breakfast is just too much for me.

I was looking at it, but £350 for two nights in a holiday inn  express and £500 for what looks like an upmarket bed and breakfast is just too much for me.

Yeah, sort of defeats the benefits of having cheap tickets. Nowhere to camp round there either from what I can see. 

Yeah, sort of defeats the benefits of having cheap tickets. Nowhere to camp round there either from what I can see. 

I would guess it would depend on how far you wanna be camped. I would guess, maybe, Southampton will have some b&B availability.....its only £10.90 return on t' train. Last train is half 11. I would assume they would put more on though....OR you can drive in each day.....

(we looked at both these options before finding a room in Portsmouth....)

Edited by retromoz

I would guess it would depend on how far you wanna be camped. I would guess, maybe, Southampton will have some b&B availability.....its only £10.90 return on t' train. Last train is half 11. I would assume they would put more on though....OR you can drive in each day.....

(we looked at both these options before finding a room in Portsmouth....)

Cheers. Yeah, might be our only option. Luckily my missus is pregnant so won't be drinking.

Even a taxi back to Southampton wouldn't cost that much. Portsmouth has got a ridiculous amount of taxis so they are fairly competitive in their pricing. Pre book and youre sorted.

Think we've had taxis back to soton for about 25 quid, which isn't bad for a 30 - 40 minute journey

• 2 weeks later...

Any news about when timings are being announced? Can't wait for this. Good mid-summer festival for me, post-Glasto and pre-Florence and Foo Fighters gigs.

From memory think it was very late last year, it being in a local paper the day before rings a bell but I might be confusing that with something else. 

Made up...we had been really struggling to find a hotel at a decent price and got one yesterday right on the sea front less than a mile from the venue for 3 nights for £270!  

Can't seem to find last year's map online. 

They've said set times will be posted 'a couple of weeks before' the weekend, but yeah there is a pull out guide printed in The News a couple of days before. 

Luckily Saturday seems to be pretty clash free. Hoping Peter Hook avoids Jaws & Honeyblood but it doesn't looked likely. I'm going on my own at the moment so haven't decided if I'm gonna go Sunday too yet, but I'd quite like to see Johnny Marr.