Victorious 2015

the wonderwhy

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just booked my tickets.

I live a few minutes from the site, but for those asking about hotels - the trip between Portsmouth and Southampton is further than it appears. Be prepared to travel for a good hour between 7am - 9am and 4pm - 7pm. That said, the trip is shorter during the summer holidays. If you still need accommodation, take a look at Wickham, Fareham, Gosport, Lee and Havant. All very close by and will be much cheaper than those in the city centres. 

Edited by Amii

20 days away now yeah? Hope we get the timings soon, I tweeted them asking when and I said where are Texas going to be cus surely they aren't playing that far down and they just ignored me. SOB :'(

Unless its designed to get people in the arena and spending earlier. 

Think Ray Davies headlining the main stage and Basement Jaxx on the 2nd stage is a bizarre choice.

Unless its designed to get people in the arena and spending earlier. 

Think Ray Davies headlining the main stage and Basement Jaxx on the 2nd stage is a bizarre choice.

Not sure if you mean the clash or the allocation of stage but by the sounds of it the 2nd stage is last years main stage.

Not sure if you mean the clash or the allocation of stage but by the sounds of it the 2nd stage is last years main stage.

Ahhh...yeah, that makes more sense. So the 'Common Stage' is what the 'Seaside Stage' was last year, and the 'Castle Stage' is what was the main stage last year?? Maybe they are hoping to split the crowd more evenly between the 2 main stages.

Hope there is an easier way to get to the '2nd stage' from the 'main stage' than last year rather than having to walk all the way round again. 

Edited by Flaminglippy

Ahhh...yeah, that makes more sense. So the 'Common Stage' is what the 'Seaside Stage' was last year, and the 'Castle Stage' is what was the main stage last year?? Maybe they are hoping to split the crowd more evenly between the 2 main stages.

Hope there is an easier way to get to the '2nd stage' from the 'main stage' than last year rather than having to walk all the way round again. 

By the description on the website the Common stage is a completely new stage, the seaside stage will be a new band stage:

http://www.victoriousfestival.co.uk/areas/stages/

Yeah agreed about the access between stages.

Edited by cammie81

So, if we are right, the 'Common Stage' which is presumably the main stage as its first on this years line-up order on the website, is what was called the 'Seaside Stage' last year (and was 2nd stage), and the 'Castle Stage' which appears, according to the line-up order on the website this year, to be the '2nd stage', is where the main stage was last year (also called the 'Castle Stage'). Unless they have taken the bizarre decision to put the 2nd stage 1st and the 1st stage 2nd on the website.

Is that clear everybody?? There is a test later.

EDIT...FFS. Just noticed the '3rd stage' is showing as 'Nick Courtney presents...The Seaside Stage'. So, maybe the '3rd stage' this year is last years 2nd stage, last years 2nd stage is this years main stage and last years main stage is this years 2nd stage but somewhere that didn't even exist 12 months ago??. Jesus...its gonna be 'One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest' walking through the arena for this...loads of really confused people not knowing where they are or where they are going.

I don't understand. My brain is broken. Why do bad things happen to good people!?

Edited by Flaminglippy

The Common Stage is the main stage this year and is brand new. I think it'll be up by the bike park. 

The Castle Stage will be the same as last year, but is now the 'second' stage (although given the bands on it I think its more they've just got two main stages) 

The Seaside Stage will be the same as last year, but is now the 'third' stage 

:)

Edited by MattDavies__

The stage is still up from the Americas Cup concert that happened a few weeks ago that ended up being managed in part by the Victorious team (so I hear anyway). I'd imagine that they're keeping it up until Victorious now and using it as the new biggest stage. It is on the common the other side of the road approx where the words 'car park' are on the North West of the map posted by cammie above.

It's a fairly big structure and had a quite large screen either side of it for the Americas Cup event.

20 days away now yeah? Hope we get the timings soon, I tweeted them asking when and I said where are Texas going to be cus surely they aren't playing that far down and they just ignored me. SOB :'(

Looks like that is where they are on the day. Now showing as 'Running Order' and Texas as 'Special Afternoon Performance'. 

Meant to be going to this, and looking forward to it too! Got nowhere to stay as my friend, who I was meant to be going with, has bailed out due to deciding to go on holiday instead. And the nearest place to stay is Southampton. Needless to say, I'm screwed!

We got a really good deal on the Best Western recently. Alternatively, before we booked that saw a fair few 'rooms in a house' through 'AirbnB'

One here for example for £63 for the 2 nights. 

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/4789462?checkin=29-08-2015&checkout=31-08-2015&s=U3ml

Edited by Flaminglippy

We got a really good deal on the Best Western recently. Alternatively, before we booked that saw a fair few 'rooms in a house' through 'AirbnB'

One here for example for £63 for the 2 nights. 

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/4789462?checkin=29-08-2015&checkout=31-08-2015&s=U3ml

Thank you so much for your help. Booked that very room!