Headliners 2015 - Wishes, rumours, my mate knows someone who knows someone that says...

Greenelk

For me, some of the bands that have headlined or rumoured to headline are not headline acts (yet). I think you have to be a really big fan and know all of there songs to really enjoy at least an hour and a half of a band that has done 2 albums.

Quite often I notice a lot of people leave after a few songs as the band are having to rely on playing album tracks that a lot of crowd do not know. An hour and a half is too long. I think bands playing for that amount of time need to have 3 or 4 albums or more of back catalogue to keep people interested.

Can't see why these bands 'on the up' get picked at this point?

To be fair to Alt-J they do have a few well known songs, more than some bands with 3 or 4 albums who could headline Latitude and even then their debut was extremely popular and their 2nd album saw around the same success (though I do want to say a bit less)

Edited by justanothername

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alt-J have been confirmed for Melt and Longitude so to play Latitude would it mean playing three gigs in three countries in three days? Is that doable- I supose it is these days.

Or could someone like Ben Howard be the through the ranks headliner instead?

can't see both Ben Howard and Paolo Nutini headlining. bit samey

I'm gonna bed into you like a cat beds into a bean bag / Turn you inside out to lick you like a crisp packet

You can't think that's the lesser of two evils can you?

Well to be fair, at least its more creative than

"Post break-up sex That helps you forget your ex What did you expect from post break-up sex?"

The XX are a possiblility & I think the Vaccines are a possibility. Personally I don't think it will be them, although would be happy if it was.

There is a pretty long list of bands/artists who would fit the bill for one of the slots which Melvin has called out.

I think this year will be a great line up.

St. Vincent has some modest Irish dates throughout the week before Latitude. No UK dates so it reeks of Melvin's exclusivity. Must be in the bag for a good Obelisk slot or headlining 6music.

How big is she? Because I was expecting her to be a sub but I don't know if that's too generous.

so is it 03/02 or 03/03 when the lineup is announced? Luke Wright and XFM can't both be right.

Luke Wright used to live around the corner from me in Norwich, around the Hall road area, I sometimes saw him in the Co-Op. Seemed like a nice chap....not that I ever spoke to him. Anyway I moved a few years ago so it's completly useless info

: )

How big is she? Because I was expecting her to be a sub but I don't know if that's too generous.

Headlined the Park stage at glasto last year so either sub or BBC 6 stage headliner I reckon.

She was high up on a lot of End of year lists (top of the NME one I think).

I think she is a good shout for one of those spots