Headliners 2015 - Wishes, rumours, my mate knows someone who knows someone that says...

Greenelk

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't mind Neneh Cherry or Hot Chip either, they're shaping up to have a very nice bill going on. I'm dreading seeing The Bore On Drugs headlining the 6music tent opposite yoof act Alt-J, though, that'd mean I'd be off to see what happens in the Sunrise Arena during headliner time.

How about this for a suggestion.

The Wombats as they are just releasing there third album, Two Door who headlined this year :sarcastic:have only released two albums, the wombats probably will be doing all the festivals this year

The Wombats are no where near the size of TDCC in the slightest, even with the extra album.

Plus they are utter shite.

Wouldn't mind Neneh Cherry or Hot Chip either, they're shaping up to have a very nice bill going on. I'm dreading seeing The Bore On Drugs headlining the 6music tent opposite yoof act Alt-J, though, that'd mean I'd be off to see what happens in the Sunrise Arena during headliner time.

Neneh cherry would be ace. Saw her on Sunday in Brighton, great gig, back room of a pub with 100 capacity.

I thought War on Drugs (who I really like) were an EOTR exclusive? May be playing 6 Music as its not a 'festival' like Damon last year.

Neneh cherry would be ace. Saw her on Sunday in Brighton, great gig, back room of a pub with 100 capacity.

I thought War on Drugs (who I really like) were an EOTR exclusive? May be playing 6 Music as its not a 'festival' like Damon last year.

Happy days, we're safe then. Talking of EotR exclusives, I wish Sufjan Stevens wasn't. I used to be well into him when I was in school, sort of haven't listened to him in a long while, but absent mindedly stuck Illinois on over the weekend, was supposed to be background music while I was reading, but I sat for the whole duration of the record listening intently and thinking "fuck fuck fuck fuck this is gooooooood".

Portishead have never played Latitude. Alt-J, Paulo Nutini and somebody good (fingers crossed for Portishead) looks like our headliners, cheers, Neil.

my apologies for my portishead error.

Not sure the Alt-J thing is right tho. It might be, tho there's stuff that suggests it's not.

Edited by eFestivals

It always look to be one of Portishead/Morrissey/Bjork and it turns out to be someone shite. :(

Bloc Party, Kraftwerk and Foals in 2013 was a good time (although Bloc Party did drop the ball a little bit on the night).

my apologies for my portishead error.

Not sure the Alt-J thing is right tho. It might be, tho there's stuff that suggests it's not.

Promising, Neil, very promising... although it'll be the sodding Vaccines if it's not them, at least Alt-J have got decidedly less shit lately.

For me, some of the bands that have headlined or rumoured to headline are not headline acts (yet). I think you have to be a really big fan and know all of there songs to really enjoy at least an hour and a half of a band that has done 2 albums.

Quite often I notice a lot of people leave after a few songs as the band are having to rely on playing album tracks that a lot of crowd do not know. An hour and a half is too long. I think bands playing for that amount of time need to have 3 or 4 albums or more of back catalogue to keep people interested.

Can't see why these bands 'on the up' get picked at this point?

If an O2 arena's worth of people think Alt-J have enough material, it's not unreasonable for them to headline a medium sized festival. Bon Iver and Arcade Fire were both very well received headliners with only 2 albums.

Whilst i personally don't like them, Alt j are definitely big enough to headline.