Headliners 2015 - Wishes, rumours, my mate knows someone who knows someone that says...

Greenelk

How about Ben Howard? Successful tour following new album "I Forger Where We Were", with the appeal for younger people with his original album and more appeal for a wider dedicated fanbase with his new darker music. Just a thought although may be too soon for a return..

I can see Paolo Nutini returning unfortunately, I enjoyed him when I saw him here in 2011 but can't say I now agree with my younger self now..Nick Cave would be a great headliner but I'm not sure if I can imagine it.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at The Cure when they did Hammersmith before Xmas, and when I asked their sound man what the plans were for 2015, he didn't say but did say there would be stuff in the summer.

Which is of course, fantastically vague. I remember them being listed as a strong rumour for 2012 on here before they got announced for Reading and Leeds.

So there you go, another name thrown in...

I was at The Cure when they did Hammersmith before Xmas, and when I asked their sound man what the plans were for 2015, he didn't say but did say there would be stuff in the summer.

Which is of course, fantastically vague. I remember them being listed as a strong rumour for 2012 on here before they got announced for Reading and Leeds.

So there you go, another name thrown in...

Whilst I'd like to see The Cure at Latitude, I think they're too big to play there. Though it could be the one they've been trying to get for years, I think Bjork is more likely. Also, those three-four hour shows by The Cure seem way too long! Even if it's about two and a half hours, I don't think Latitude has had a headliner playing for more than two hours!

Sad to say, that The Cure's crowd at Leeds 2012 was seemingly smaller than Elbow's at Latitude 2012, and that was their first gig on the British mainland for the best part of a decade. I reckon they'd get the reception they deserve at Latitude, what with it having more dads and nerds than R&L. I think Melvin made a bit of boo-boo in 2012 (one I enjoyed), booked a band that he assumed were a big deal for rock fans, then they weren't really welcomed back as legends, they'd be more at home at Latitude if they ever play, and they'd get a great crowd.

Bjork is playing at the Governor's Ball at the start of June, so she's touring in the summer.

Perhaps she is the headliner they've 'been after for a while'. Here's hoping.

That was my first thought as well, please, please, please, please, God, let this be true. Let's not ignore Hot Chip's return either, after their triumphant show in 2013, they've definitely earned their place at the top of the bill one day.

Hot Chip are probably better value to headline Bestival considering how recently they did Latitude though. Bjork being the act they've been after for a long time would do a lot to heal the lineup if Paolo and Alt-J are the other two though.

I only found out the other day but The xx, Burial, Four Tet and most of Maccabees and Hot Chip all went to the same school. Pierce Brosnan too. No pressure on current students then!

Bjork being the act they've been after for a long time would do a lot to heal the lineup if Paolo and Alt-J are the other two though.

No shit, if they get Bjork, then they could give the other two nights to Ched Evans and I wouldn't give a fuck.... no, actually I would, but anybody else I wouldn't care.

Was at Bestival in 2011 when it was The Cure and Bjork. Would definitely prefer The Cure but an hour and a half would be sufficient.

Looking at the rest of that Gov ball lineup, expect Noel Gallagher to be at Glasto but would fit in with the Weller, Albarn solo theme going on in the past few years.

St Vincent 6 music headliner?

St Vincent 6 music headliner?

I was surprised we didn't see her last year, Latitude have given her a couple of decentish slots in the past before she became the big player she is now. Good (and likely) call on the 6 Music headline slot, I'd happily watch that show again, but if there's somebody decent on Obelisk, I wont feel bad for missing an act I've seen multiple times on one tour.

I reckon it'll be The Cure/Bjork, Alt J and Belle and Sebastian.

Not sure between The Cure and Bjork, though I have changed my mind about The Cure being too big for Latitude.

Are Belle and Sebastian big enough though? I think, what with the new album in a matter of weeks, they could well be.

Instead of B&S, it could also be Paul Weller - new album in April. But definitely not The National in my opinion; great band but they need a break!