Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

4 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

I'd be delighted if that was The Levels or Lonely Hearts, as the former is a spectacle, but the sound on the latter last year was spectacular. 

Yes, the sound at Lonely Hearts was about as good as I heard all weekend. Bohmer in particlaulr and Cooper. It helps their tracks are so well produced/ mixed/ mastered and the combination of the sound system was about as good as it gets. 

That and the sunset...

Edited by danbailey80
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Oh man, this has got me having serious flashbacks to how great Saturday night was on Lonely Hearts last year.

Bohmer > Cooper > Hauff > Avery

The only error was that I dragged my gang away after about 45mins of DA to get to Truth for Scalping, then we couldn't get in as they'd closed the entrance to Shangri-La, so we went somewhere else, then they reopened the entrance and people caught up did get to Truth!

Moral: if you're dancing and it's fantastic, it almost certainly won't be more fantastic elsewhere. Stay there!

Ben

We did the same.

If it’s any consolation we didn’t enjoy Scalping that much in the end. I was expected them to play the instruments more, but actually they were just recording and looping very short samples mostly.

7 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Maybe the b2b with Avery dream is alive...

Ben

Must admit I have never seen an Avery set, or to my recollection even heard one of his mixes. 

Will delve in….

6 hours ago, gfa said:

bigger likely just means moving the stands back a little bit so more people can fit in the area. It was needlessly restricted last year

It was a weird set up as it always looked packed at the back where you got in but if you made the effort to move forward there was space, I was at Nia Archives on the Saturday (sorry gang sounds like I should have been at Lonely Hearts but I did head to Avery afterwards!) and we had loads of room where we were but then they had a massive queue to get in when we left, someone needs to get the message across to move forward 

56 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Must admit I have never seen an Avery set, or to my recollection even heard one of his mixes. 

Will delve in….

For me he's a real DJ's DJ. Loves the craft of creating a set and as a producer he has made some fantastic stuff. 

His set with Richard Fearless on Glade last year was also great, though it suffered a little bit from being on the Thursday when less was going on - so there were a lot of people just there so that they were somewhere. But their selections were wonderful. 

After foolishly leaving his LH set early, as lamented above, I'll be looking to see him again this year. Hope he's playing elsewhere over the weekend too, as the sound on the new big Glade is, for me, only 'ok'. 

Ben

28 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

For me he's a real DJ's DJ. Loves the craft of creating a set and as a producer he has made some fantastic stuff. 

His set with Richard Fearless on Glade last year was also great, though it suffered a little bit from being on the Thursday when less was going on - so there were a lot of people just there so that they were somewhere. But their selections were wonderful. 

After foolishly leaving his LH set early, as lamented above, I'll be looking to see him again this year. Hope he's playing elsewhere over the weekend too, as the sound on the new big Glade is, for me, only 'ok'. 

Ben

Saturday at J2 must have your name on it, Ben? 

Screenshot_20240424-222831.thumb.png.b69147bd2ab681ae8713e6d2d197ba3d.png

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Did you enjoy it?

yeah very good ... really hanging today mind , 2hr 15 set , including a 20 minute interval . like I said to you previous I didnt know a huge amount but the ticket came up the day before and was free . but now added to my list of possibilities for G . 7.45 start for anyone going if they stick to the set time of Exeter .  felt the second half picked up but maybe that was the alcohol 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

yeah very good ... really hanging today mind , 2hr 15 set , including a 20 minute interval . like I said to you previous I didnt know a huge amount but the ticket came up the day before and was free . but now added to my list of possibilities for G . 7.45 start for anyone going if they stick to the set time of Exeter .  felt the second half picked up but maybe that was the alcohol 

They were playing their first 2 albums in full, green album followed by the brown album. Apologies if you already know, the brown album is one of the greatest electronic albums ever made. It'll probably be a mixed set at G but worth seeing anyway.

Edited by Johnnyseven

Just now, Johnnyseven said:

They were playing their first 2 albums in full, green album followed by the brown album. Apologies if you already know, the brown album is one of the greatest electronic albums ever made.

yep my friend said I went with a couple of hardcore fans  . definitely worth the trip really enjoyed them 

24 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Thank you for your first review in the E&D thread. We'll have you into 200bpm nosebleed gabba before you know it

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Johnnyseven said:

They were playing their first 2 albums in full, green album followed by the brown album. Apologies if you already know, the brown album is one of the greatest electronic albums ever made. It'll probably be a mixed set at G but worth seeing anyway.

You imagine they'll revert to a more 'typical' setlist from before the Green/Brown tour. But I hope not! Getting half an hour of Brown would be heaven (is a place on Earth).

Ben

8 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

You imagine they'll revert to a more 'typical' setlist from before the Green/Brown tour. But I hope not! Getting half an hour of Brown would be heaven (is a place on Earth).

Ben

It will be a more typical set list, what they call their 'festival set'. I imagine there will be some green and brown tracks in there like Lush, Impact, Halcyon, Chime and Belfast though, maybe shorter versions than they usually do live though as they'll probably only have an hour set on The Park.