Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

11 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

No inside knowledge but I reckon it'll be after the payment date. Hope I'm wrong though, a nice post-Lent gift would be sweet

I’ve got a feeling they may drop a stage announcement next week to jolt ticket balance payments, and if the SH lineup is as good as last year it may be a good candidate

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, gfa said:

Some kind of Bugged Out! Takeover would do me

also

2 spare free tickets for Radio 1 Dance at Drumsheds on friday - pm me

gone

Barry can’t swim in Rolling Stone magazine. Big feature. 

Don’t get me wrong I think he’s good. But is this guy really the future? I can’t really set him apart from loads of other stuff out there. 

I must be an oddity but I listen to him and Fred again and I don’t hear anything new/ that exciting. It just floats over me. I’m 45 though and listened to dance music for 20 years so maybe that’s the issue. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/27/2024 at 1:36 PM, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

If you could have a label/organisation curate one stage, who and where would it be?

I know they're not putting things out anymore but if we're talking any era - Good Looking Records/Looking Good Records. Anywhere tbh, but Glade Dome would be nice.

3 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

I know they're not putting things out anymore but if we're talking any era - Good Looking Records/Looking Good Records. Anywhere tbh, but Glade Dome would be nice.

Ltj Bukem and Conrad reunited would be epic 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, danbailey80 said:

Don’t get me wrong I think he’s good. But is this guy really the future? I can’t really set him apart from loads of other stuff out there. 

I must be an oddity but I listen to him and Fred again and I don’t hear anything new/ that exciting. It just floats over me. I’m 45 though and listened to dance music for 20 years so maybe that’s the issue. 

Do you think the issue might be that there aren't many new live dance acts coming through at the moment? I also like Barry's stuff (and will be seeing him this summer for the first time) but I get the impression the media are just looking for someone to be the 'next big thing/next big Fred again..' and he currently fits the bill.

This is of course nothing new, and has been going on for many years now across lots of genres, but the lack of competition and power of social media has definitely fuelled the rapid rise of these two acts.

1 hour ago, danbailey80 said:

Barry Can't Swim is a nice, inoffensive, entry level gateway into electronica. And I mean that respectfully. Like Metallica are for people who want to get into metal. Somewhere to start, but after a while you'll be looking for something a little deeper, harder or esoteric

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Yes mate. Bukem, Peshay, PFM, Blu Mar Ten. A real shame that GLR disbanded the way it did but what a back catalogue 

Blame too, but I think he had a falling out with Bukem and i'm not sure he DJs anymore.

Zero chance of a Bukem and Conrad reunion. And Conrad offers something different to most DJs much more lyrical.  But most of the time I just want to dj to be shouting bollocks to hype everyone up