Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

3 hours ago, nikkic said:

Anyone got any reccos for DJs in the mould of Haai or VTSS? Looking for a few new "tougher" acts to follow.

Volvox, Paula Temple, SPFDJ, Amelie Lens

their respective sets on Hör (youtube) should give you a good flavour

Edited by Twiggy553
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, nikkic said:

Anyone got any reccos for DJs in the mould of Haai or VTSS? Looking for a few new "tougher" acts to follow.

Lot's of good things happening in Melbourne/London (and beyond) with a psy/goa type revival going on. This would be a good start if it sounds up your street

https://soundcloud.com/animalia-label

Edited by Ninety9
Won't let me link to soundcloud but the label is "Animalia"

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Arcadia is the only place safe for it really

How so? Saw Digital Mystikz in the levels last year and there was masses of space. Don't know if my perception is way off but can't understand why S&B would attract so many more.

Although I agree it's likely Arcadia just based on the fact they're on the poster. 

1 hour ago, turkey twizzler said:

How so? Saw Digital Mystikz in the levels last year and there was masses of space. Don't know if my perception is way off but can't understand why S&B would attract so many more.

Although I agree it's likely Arcadia just based on the fact they're on the poster. 

Scarcity - they have played like 2 dates together in the past 10 years. Benga has been out of the game for most of that time too - its a perfect storm i think. Could probably do Levels but nowhere smaller than that

Will be way busier than Digital Mystikz 100%

Skream is also a big dance name on his own now from his years of doing tech house that is always popular at glasto, always doing tons of sets

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Scarcity - they have played like 2 dates together in the past 10 years. Benga has been out of the game for most of that time too - its a perfect storm i think. Could probably do Levels but nowhere smaller than that

Will be way busier than Digital Mystikz 100%

Skream is also a big dance name on his own now from his years of doing tech house that is always popular at glasto, always doing tons of sets

Yeah fair points.

Still not sure Arcadia is the only option out of safety though. iicon also plenty big enough plus with venues like Temple they can limit the number of people going in for crowd control. Despite this I still think Arcadia is likely too though 😆

3 hours ago, cov boy said:

What we saying to Bonobo? His set in 2014 was one of my favourite ever gigs but didn't hear great things about 2022. Would definitely be there clashes permitting.

Their live performance on WH was amazing. Didn’t see him DJ though

24 minutes ago, Twiggy553 said:

Their live performance on WH was amazing. Didn’t see him DJ though

Yeah, this - he was great for a sunset set on West Holts. I'm presuming this appearance has to be 'just' a DJ set or he'd be listed on one of the five main stages on the poster.

I have no idea what his DJ sets are like 🤪.

Ben

Give me this at Genosys or Levels at 2am & NOT on the Thursday & I'm happy

Would also be very keen to see OnceTwice (fka Parallels) somewhere, but assume if they get booked would be a daytime slot that could clash with a band, as they're still relatively new/upcoming

Edited by Acid Loafers

13 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Yeah, this - he was great for a sunset set on West Holts. I'm presuming this appearance has to be 'just' a DJ set or he'd be listed on one of the five main stages on the poster.

I have no idea what his DJ sets are like 🤪.

Ben

I was wondering this, surely it would say DJ on the poster if it was, that’s what I’m hoping anyway. His DJ sets are really fun though, more upbeat than the band. 

I was in the wrong place for the last WH set and the bass was stupidly loud. Shame as I really liked the latest album. 

47 minutes ago, Metal Monkey said:

I was in the wrong place for the last WH set and the bass was stupidly loud. Shame as I really liked the latest album. 

I’ve had this at WH before. The sound mixing for the non-headliners is often a bit dodgy as well.

16 hours ago, turkey twizzler said:

Yeah fair points.

Still not sure Arcadia is the only option out of safety though. iicon also plenty big enough plus with venues like Temple they can limit the number of people going in for crowd control. Despite this I still think Arcadia is likely too though 😆

Temple was a disaster last year - they won't try that again i think

IICON doesn't suit booking policy wise

36 minutes ago, gfa said:

Temple was a disaster last year - they won't try that again i think

IICON doesn't suit booking policy wise

They had Mala on at IICON last year and it was sick!

And ah didn't know that there were issues with Temple last year. Although swear in previous years they've had bigger acts in there and wasn't too many problems aside from big queues. Swear Aphex Twin played a set there on my first glasto in 2014 and you can't get much bigger than that.

1 hour ago, turkey twizzler said:

They had Mala on at IICON last year and it was sick!

And ah didn't know that there were issues with Temple last year. Although swear in previous years they've had bigger acts in there and wasn't too many problems aside from big queues. Swear Aphex Twin played a set there on my first glasto in 2014 and you can't get much bigger than that.

How is this comparable 😂 Mala is a completely different act

I wasn't around at that point but Aphex Twin was kept secret well from what i heard - and is smaller, less accessible than Fred Again.

I think your underestimating his draw - he is literally headlining every fest he plays at included 100k at Reading and Leeds each.

9 minutes ago, gfa said:

How is this comparable 😂 Mala is a completely different act

I wasn't around at that point but Aphex Twin was kept secret well from what i heard - and is smaller, less accessible than Fred Again.

I think your underestimating his draw - he is literally headlining every fest he plays at included 100k at Reading and Leeds each.

Wait, we're having a conversation about Fred Again? I was blissfully unaware, don't think either of us mentioned him. I don't know much about him tbh.

But I agree a Skream & Benga set is probably going to get more people excited than Mala, but to say they're a completely different act is a stretch. They're from the same universe. I mean they're from the same crew ffs.

Anyway I was never disagreeing on your main point that they're probs on at Arcadia. Just don't think S&B are that insanely huge that it's all about safety and that there aren't also other feasible stage options...

21 minutes ago, turkey twizzler said:

Wait, we're having a conversation about Fred Again? I was blissfully unaware, don't think either of us mentioned him. I don't know much about him tbh.

But I agree a Skream & Benga set is probably going to get more people excited than Mala, but to say they're a completely different act is a stretch. They're from the same universe. I mean they're from the same crew ffs.

Anyway I was never disagreeing on your main point that they're probs on at Arcadia. Just don't think S&B are that insanely huge that it's all about safety and that there aren't also other feasible stage options...

Sorry!

Getting confused between two very similar conversations on two different thread - have been for a few messages.

IICON would be fine but i agree, i reckon its Arcadia

Might be a stupid question but do they completely close off entry to the SEC at some point in the night , once it gets stupidly busy. Would i need to get there before a certain time in order to guarantee i can get in? 

8 minutes ago, cgall said:

Might be a stupid question but do they completely close off entry to the SEC at some point in the night , once it gets stupidly busy. Would i need to get there before a certain time in order to guarantee i can get in? 

Not as such but there can be long queues immediately after headliners finish. TBH it wasn’t anything like busy in 2022 & 2023. I guess Silver Hayes and Arcadia are becoming more of a draw