Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

12 hours ago, dcsessions said:

I do have tickets for soulwax at roundhouse next year which could be really special. The acoustics in there can be crazy.

I don't think they are definitely confirmed for Glastonbury but imagine they will be there.

I thought bugged out at drumsheds was really good. The sound for the first few tracks of hot chip was insane. I liked the scale of it in the context of a supervenue; ceilings not too high and really good sound quality. Compared to the main other jumbo size venue in north London - Alexandra palace I'd say it's streets ahead. I can't be bothered with AP anymore, it's soulless and the sound has been shocking every time I've been.

I was also at Bugged Out at Drumsheds and thought the venue was great. Spent most of the day/evening in Y room but thought the sound in the main one was fine throughout and excellent for Orbital. Could have done with a bit more bass but  didn't spoil my experience or anything.

Went to Ally Pally Saturday night for the Prodigy and had a superb time. The sound was fantastic (really loud and heavy for the whole set and even seemed to increase towards the end) and the lights/lasers were top draw. We stood dead centre, about 25m back from the stage, and I think positioning is often a big factor too. Getting the acoustics right in big venues is really difficult so there's going to be loads of spots where the sound will be poor. Also seemed like the Prodigy had paid a lot of attention to the production of this tour so the artists have to take quiet a bit of responsibility for that side of things.

1 hour ago, Johnnyseven said:

Underworld playing UK dates on the 28th and 29th June, could they play on the Sunday?

That 2016 set was something else... made even better by the fact that all the youngsters were off somewhere else and it was basically just a field full of ageing old ravers with plenty of space to throw our old shapes! 

18 hours ago, stuie said:

That 2016 set was something else... made even better by the fact that all the youngsters were off somewhere else and it was basically just a field full of ageing old ravers with plenty of space to throw our old shapes! 

The old ravers will be even older this time. 

Do you think there will ever be a day where we see Eric Prydz back on the farm? - his HOLO show is, for me, the best live show currently out there. Guessing its probably the astronomical fee he'd demand but my god it would be such an unbelievable other stage headliner.  

On 12/6/2023 at 10:22 AM, stuie said:

I keep reading this on here.

There must have been something wrong with me that night as, although it was okay, it wasn't IMO a "standout" performance.

21 hours ago, AndyL16 said:

Do you think there will ever be a day where we see Eric Prydz back on the farm? - his HOLO show is, for me, the best live show currently out there. Guessing its probably the astronomical fee he'd demand but my god it would be such an unbelievable other stage headliner.  

I think the only chance for that particular show is if there's a dedicated hangar style venue, like the Steelyard at Creamfields. I can't think of another stage at Glastonbury suited to it.

Other? Outside of an electronic music festival, a lot of casual punters would be asking who he is. Could he headline it? 100%. Would they book him for that slot? Unlikely.

West Holts? Probably not the kind of booking they'd make, but again, he's easily capable and would destroy that field too.

Beyond those stages and I can see anywhere suitable for that rig. It is a shame because it's a ridiculous show. Plus, 2024 will have been 15 years since he last played...in the old Dance Village. That was a great Saturday night. Prydz, Tong, Deadmau5 and 2manyDJs. Stacked.

21 hours ago, AndyL16 said:

He was rumoured as Cirez D for Arcadia this year so maybe. He'd have to play a standard set, enjoy the glasto atmosphere etc - then want to come back for cut rate fee i think

34 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Other? Outside of an electronic music festival, a lot of casual punters would be asking who he is. Could he headline it? 100%. Would they book him for that slot? Unlikely.

West Holts? Probably not the kind of booking they'd make, but again, he's easily capable and would destroy that field too.

Real shame like you say, because it would be a guaranteed headline stealer, I'm more trying to wish it into existence I think 😆

37 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Yeah, it's amazing how it's a temporary structure, isn't it? 

30k capacity as well.... haven't been since 2019 but this new arena has seriously got me thinking  👀. Speaking of Prydz, his show in that new structure would be something to witness