Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

1 hour ago, Calum stoke said:

Disappointed to see Skream dubstep set isn’t on the line up for the Babylon Uprising stage. Anyone have an idea why?

to prevent a crush. it will happen, just unannounced

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Nah, they'll pile in with utter certainty that he's bringing them on for the last 45 mins. Or something. The rumours will be spectacular! 😂

Ben

Question is whether these rumours help or hinder me getting into the Temple at 1am ish?

<Mr Burns finger interlace>

25 minutes ago, Twiggy553 said:

Question is whether these rumours help or hinder me getting into the Temple at 1am ish?

<Mr Burns finger interlace>

Oooh, I've got half an eye on that Iffy set too. Are you sure you're not just me?

think the more sensible option for me is a bit of FloPo and Daphni after Fever Ray, as we're right above the Spider and didn't get there at all last year. Them down to the SEC after that. But, you've made me think now about maybe trying to get into the Temple now!

Agh, what am I saying? Four Tet's ubercrowd notwithstanding, the queue will still be monstrous at 0030h, I think. 

That'll be a head scratcher as Fever Ray finishes. A bit frustrating that the Park set finishes 390 mins after all of the other 4 big stages!

Ben

I don't think Four Tet on IICON  will be as busy as all you guys think it will, it clashes with loads of other things, he plays every year and that field is proper big now.

I haven't bothered queueing for the temple in a few years but I will definitely be in there for that SPFDJ set.

Edited by Madyaker

2 hours ago, Calum stoke said:

Disappointed to see Skream dubstep set isn’t on the line up for the Babylon Uprising stage. Anyone have an idea why?

Will you be going to Nowhere on Saturday night? I'm planning to get my dubstep fill here

SATURDAY

SKREAM 04:45 - 06:00

SICARIA 04:00 - 04:45

CASPA X JOKER X SIR SPYRO FT FOOTSIE 02:30 - 04:00

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Oooh, I've got half an eye on that Iffy set too. Are you sure you're not just me?

think the more sensible option for me is a bit of FloPo and Daphni after Fever Ray, as we're right above the Spider and didn't get there at all last year. Them down to the SEC after that. But, you've made me think now about maybe trying to get into the Temple now!

Agh, what am I saying? Four Tet's ubercrowd notwithstanding, the queue will still be monstrous at 0030h, I think. 

That'll be a head scratcher as Fever Ray finishes. A bit frustrating that the Park set finishes 390 mins after all of the other 4 big stages!

Ben

Effy -> 30 years of stay up forever (liberators) -> SPFDJ

a cracking few hours if the queue is forgiving. Just hope Fever Ray is worth the risk

10 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

He's not been well recently. He might have pulled out

think he's gone to TBA to give him more time to decide, he is still on loads of lineups and wants to get back touring. waiting for a diagnosis 

11 hours ago, Nice hymer said:

Will you be going to Nowhere on Saturday night? I'm planning to get my dubstep fill here

SATURDAY

SKREAM 04:45 - 06:00

SICARIA 04:00 - 04:45

CASPA X JOKER X SIR SPYRO FT FOOTSIE 02:30 - 04:00

Didn’t Skream say his BU set would be the only dubstep one?

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Twiggy553 said:

Effy -> 30 years of stay up forever (liberators) -> SPFDJ

a cracking few hours if the queue is forgiving. Just hope Fever Ray is worth the risk

This is my current plan (stc), which is head to the Temple straight after The Park. I did the same last year on the Friday and queues in weren't too bad. I'm banking on big numbers at the spider and 4-Tet.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, GrumpyRaver said:

Didn’t Skream say his BU set would be the only dubstep one?

Yeah. I'm assuming he'll have some fresh 140 sounds for us. He's forever knocking out dubby ditties which fit the bill, so 🤞

Hoping it's not 00s dubstep classics tbh

First real detailed gander at the options, my word this festival is insane, even just looking at Friday......

Option 1 

Fred > Hot Chip > DJ Boring > HAAI 

Option 2 

Fred > Elkka > Chems > Glitterbox Takeover > LF System 

Option 3 

Fred > Four Tet > Yung Singh > Paranoid London

Option 4 

Fred > Eli Brown > Carl Cox > Faithless DJ set > Sherelle 

I love this place 

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, nikkic said:

First real detailed gander at the options, my word this festival is insane, even just looking at Friday......

Option 1 

Fred > Hot Chip > DJ Boring > HAAI 

Option 2 

Fred > Elkka > Chems > Glitterbox Takeover > LF System 

Option 3 

Fred > Four Tet > Yung Singh > Paranoid London

Option 4 

Fred > Eli Brown > Carl Cox > Faithless DJ set > Sherelle 

I love this place 

and which of these do you thinks gonna be the most popular option? I'm feeling fred to arcadia and then down to sec after chems finish.

1 minute ago, Hank Hankinson said:

Think I'm going to do Fred > Hot Chip > Glitterbox > Yung Singh. 

I was thinking about DJ Boring and HAAi but I always find San Remo a bit moody. 

Yeah I’ve never been overly fond of San Remo or its previous incarnation. 

But I love HAAI and if I go for Hot Chip I reckon I’ll give it a punt.

If it’s too moody I’ll head elsewhere..

18 minutes ago, Isaaclk said:

and which of these do you thinks gonna be the most popular option? I'm feeling fred to arcadia and then down to sec after chems finish.

I’d say Chems and Four Tet will be the busiest. 

Much as I don't mind a bit of slamming face melting techno, a smattering of D'n'B or some squelchy acid house (all of which there seems to be a massive abundance) I probably like slower deeper progressive house/breaks best, with some electro for good measure.

Artist who do it for me are: Digweed/Bedrock, Nick Warren/Way Out West, Hernan Cattaneo, Henry Sais, AnjunaDeep, Guy J, Solomun, Framewerk, Booka Shade, James Zabiela,  Franky Wah, Arutani, Dirtybird stuff, Keine Musik, Betical, Hybrid, Adam Freeland the whole Marine Parade vibe, Meat Katie

It is not a vintage year but still enough on this lineup I am intending to try to get to: TIBASKO, Kolsch, Dave Seaman, Tripswitch, Orca Sound, Scalping, Stanton Warriors, Phil Hartnoll, Pretty Girl, Sedaf Anasi, Overmono, Bicep, Radioactive Man, DMX Krew, John Carter,  Ben Bohmer/Max Cooper/Helena Hauff (if I can escape G'n'R with wife!), Daniel Avery. Some of these I've already got recommendations off eFestivals by you guys..

I don't get out much, if at all any more, SO what I really want to know is have I missed anything off the line up anywhere big or small

Finding very little which appeals to me in SE Corner altogether TBH - which is a shame. I reckon there might be a lot more space compared to other years or maybe I'm just getting old!

Cheers in advance...

Edited by rgalbraith

22 minutes ago, rgalbraith said:

Much as I don't mind a bit of slamming face melting techno, a smattering of D'n'B or some squelchy acid house (all of which there seems to be a massive abundance) I probably like slower deeper progressive house/breaks best, with some electro for good measure.

Artist who do it for me are: Digweed/Bedrock, Nick Warren/Way Out West, Hernan Cattaneo, Henry Sais, AnjunaDeep, Guy J, Solomun, Framewerk, Booka Shade, James Zabiela,  Franky Wah, Arutani, Dirtybird stuff, Keine Musik, Betical, Hybrid, Adam Freeland the whole Marine Parade vibe, Meat Katie

It is not a vintage year but still enough on this lineup I am intending to try to get to: TIBASKO, Kolsch, Dave Seaman, Tripswitch, Orca Sound, Scalping, Stanton Warriors, Phil Hartnoll, Pretty Girl, Sedaf Anasi, Overmono, Bicep, Radioactive Man, DMX Krew, John Carter,  Ben Bohmer/Max Cooper/Helena Hauff (if I can escape G'n'R with wife!), Daniel Avery. Some of these I've already got recommendations off eFestivals by you guys..

I don't get out much, if at all any more, SO what I really want to know is have I missed anything off the line up anywhere big or small

Finding very little which appeals to me in SE Corner altogether TBH - which is a shame. I reckon there might be a lot more space compared to other years or maybe I'm just getting old!

Cheers in advance...

Nice list, and I think I'll be where you are a lot of the time if you stick to this!

However, there's no way I'm going to be at Overmono or Bicep. As they're not playing 😄

Ben