Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

3 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Arcadia line-up thoughts from those in the thread of threads, kiddiewinks?

Ben

I'm really rather happy with it, nice bunch of names, nothing incredibly spectacular, but still a good handful I'd love to see, as said in the other thread The Chemical Brothers, Skepta b2b Jammer, MK, SHY FX, Floating Points b2b Daphni and Elkka especially. Think alongside the other dance areas, there is more than enough to keep me entertained, have an ever growing list of names I want to see in my head now, so I think it's gonna be clash central as per. 

4 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

And...does the FUSE tweet posted in the Arcadia thread point to a Block9 area drop tomorrow??

Ben

Potentially, although FUSE is much more tech-house than techno, which is what I thought Block9 was more about. Could it be Glade, Stonebridge or San Remo? Where did Elrow do their take over when they were there? I think it was Glade, but not too sure.

5 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Arcadia line-up thoughts from those in the thread of threads, kiddiewinks?

Ben

Weaker in terms of "names". VTSS, Sherelle and MK are the highlights for me. Don't think there's enough on the Spider to take the crowds away from the south east corner...at the moment. Hoping for better on the Glade, Block 9 and San Remo, but there's a pattern forming. Silver Hayes seems to have all the budget so far 

2 minutes ago, stanh said:

I'm really rather happy with it, nice bunch of names, nothing incredibly spectacular, but still a good handful I'd love to see, as said in the other thread The Chemical Brothers, Skepta b2b Jammer, MK, SHY FX, Floating Points b2b Daphni and Elkka especially. Think alongside the other dance areas, there is more than enough to keep me entertained, have an ever growing list of names I want to see in my head now, so I think it's gonna be clash central as per. 

Potentially, although FUSE is much more tech-house than techno, which is what I thought Block9 was more about. Could it be Glade, Stonebridge or San Remo? Where did Elrow do their take over when they were there? I think it was Glade, but not too sure.

Love Bullets, in the Glade area. The single most aggy venue in the history of the festival 

5 minutes ago, stanh said:

Maybe more suggestive of San Remo, then...

(my least favourite dance venue in the festival...never again!)

Ben

chuffed with chems after last year but its overall a step down i think - not to worry though, its open till 3 and between like 11-3 is when the bulk of the best acts are on elsewhere anyway

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

Only been in San Remo once. That was sunday night / monday morning last year at around 1pm. Some classic trance being played. It was really good!!  Haai was on. 

I liked it....  

Sorry!!

10 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Only been in San Remo once. That was sunday night / monday morning last year at around 1pm. Some classic trance being played. It was really good!!  Haai was on. 

I liked it....  

Sorry!!

Don't be! If anyone has fun anywhere, I'm happy! I went to The Beat Hotel a couple of times in the day and it wasn't my vibe. Then went to SR for Jon Hopkins and Daniel Avery before the end of Macca and it really wasn't for me! 

But its 💯 horses for courses!

Ben

I like the Arcadia line up. 

Not really any must sees but lots I know I’d have a great time at.

However, my only “must see” on Arcadia last year was Four Tet and we couldn’t get anywhere near the field, let alone the spider, so maybe the less high profile names (bar Chems) might have been on purpose. 

Arcadia hanging onto the Spider (even with that Qatari money), inspires no confidence in me that Genosys has funds & time to build anything truly spectacular this year 😢 

I really thought Arcadia had some tweets last year with a helicopter (?) Talking about their next thing being in the works. Really thought that last year was the last time we'd see the Spider. (considering they had the entire of the pandemic to plan their next installation, since the Crane flopped)

I guess when they did the Crane there was a whole wave of content building up to it, so I guess the silence should have been obvious... 

Would love to be surprised by Block 9, can't imagine they'd do just the bus again.

6 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

Arcadia hanging onto the Spider (even with that Qatari money), inspires no confidence in me that Genosys has funds & time to build anything truly spectacular this year 😢 

I really thought Arcadia had some tweets last year with a helicopter (?) Talking about their next thing being in the works. Really thought that last year was the last time we'd see the Spider. (considering they had the entire of the pandemic to plan their next installation, since the Crane flopped)

I guess when they did the Crane there was a whole wave of content building up to it, so I guess the silence should have been obvious... 

Would love to be surprised by Block 9, can't imagine they'd do just the bus again.

chopper still being worked on i guess - better to get it right than fuck up like with the crane

they only bought the chopper about 6 months ago despite covid - i think they genuinely thought they could keep the crane and get planning

7 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

The chopper project was never going to be ready in time . Genosys was a rotten mess when I visited a few months back unless the part I saw had been replaced . 

2 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

I had a fun night seeing Max Cooper and Seth Troxler play on thursday night in 2014, but yeah i feel you

24 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

Yeah, I really hope that Genosys' replacement is cracking. The evidence for it having gone to Rave Installation Heaven is pretty strong 😞

The bus was disappointing mostly as the sound just wasn't up to it, let alone it being visually uninspired. 

At this point, I'd be happy with another stage (with IICON) that can deliver a dark and brooding outdoor rave. I'm not sure I'll ever like anything as much as the video mapping on that Green apartment/hostel block at spangled o'clock. 

Ben

Heard credible rumour that Jerome Hill is Sunday night in the Temple so maybe that will be the non-DnB night this year.

i was kinda hoping it would be Friday as I don’t currently have a headliner for Friday night abd would be able to get there early

Edited by Twiggy553

13 hours ago, Acid Loafers said:

The crane didn't flop - they had planned for a permanent structure which required planning permission (which they didn't receive). The planning permission they did have expired and the costs of renewing plus dismantling reassembling the crane meant it was no longer viable, having had 2 years without revenue.

In any case I'm of the opinion that the crane was better than the spider - the size of it meant the crowd didn't need to be so close to enjoy (in fact it was even better from a distance), which dispersed everyone over a wider space. The sound was better too - and also it was amazing to see it kicking off from the other side of the site, whereas with the spider you can only see the lasers.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, themunn said:

The crane didn't flop - they had planned for a permanent structure which required planning permission (which they didn't receive). The planning permission they did have expired and the costs of renewing plus dismantling reassembling the crane meant it was no longer viable, having had 2 years without revenue.

In any case I'm of the opinion that the crane was better than the spider - the size of it meant the crowd didn't need to be so close to enjoy (in fact it was even better from a distance), which dispersed everyone over a wider space. The sound was better too - and also it was amazing to see it kicking off from the other side of the site, whereas with the spider you can only see the lasers.

Yeah i only realised how good the crane was until i saw the spider again last year which just kinda felt underwhelming going back. Its still an awesome area but i hope we do get something new next year

3 minutes ago, Isaaclk said:

Yeah i only realised how good the crane was until i saw the spider again last year which just kinda felt underwhelming going back. Its still an awesome area but i hope we do get something new next year

It just felt STRANGE last year, like they increased the space in the field but then simultaneously trimmed back the features - no arms, no flaming lampposts - in fact it felt like they made a lot less use of the fire cannons in general (cost savings?) so it felt a little flatter than previous years.

Don't get me wrong, I was there directly under the belly for 3 hours both on Friday and Saturday having a wicked time, but they definitely need to step it up this year.

8 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Forgive me, @stocky3000, I don't quite understand this post! Do you mean you have intel that DA is playing a set in addition to his Silver Hayes one? I didn't get the Witham bit!

Ben

list of dates on his instagram i believe 🙂 then assuming b9

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Does anyone else get confused with all the different areas and stages or just me?

This will be my 11th Glastonbury and most nights I've gone to naughty corner but not to see anyone specifically, just to find a beat to dance to.

I don't go to clubs anymore so my knowledge of DJ's is limited so unless its a DJ who's been around a while, will always try and get to a Carl Cox set if he's around. I think the last DJ I specifically saw was Carl in the back room at Space in 2000.

After a day of drinking a reversing truck in an empty field gets me dancing.

I'm glad most people are finding DJ's that they want to see though and if Carl Cox is going to be here I will see you down the front. 

• Upvote 1