Acts Touring Around Glastonbury Time 2015

Gnomicide

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chromeo playing Somerset House on July 9th. Not unrealistic that they might be at Glastonbury a week and a half before??? That coupled with them saying they wanted to play the festival after having to pull out last year do a clash in their schedule or something along those lines?

Chromeo playing Somerset House on July 9th. Not unrealistic that they might be at Glastonbury a week and a half before??? That coupled with them saying they wanted to play the festival after having to pull out last year do a clash in their schedule or something along those lines?

Pretty sure they already said on Twitter they are at G this year after cancelling last year.

Suede looks pretty good now doesn't it? Only gig the day before n'all that. However they've dodged it with good tour dates in the past, but I'd be delighted given I'd kinda given up on the idea of the reformed Suede appearing.

Suede opposite Kanye would be great!

I reckon all of that series of acts at Somerset House could be at G, haven't doubled checked for your plans but they all look nailed on

John Fogerty takes a break from his US tour, and flies over to play a gig in Vienna on 30.06. Playing in the US on 22.06. and 05.07.....hopefully he`s not just coming over to Europe for one gig!

Playing only the classic CCR albums from 1969 ;)

Edited by toto

hm i still don't really see the point of it unless they have new material, but it's looking more and more likely. surely they've got something in the pipeline if they're back on the road?

I still don't think the album will be out by then, but I suppose a single's possible and they'll likely play a couple of new songs as well.

Foals now playing a festival the following weekend,

Creeping closer, could they?

There's not a massive cross over between Ruisrock and G, but there's definitely some straws to cling on to anyway for any Foals fans (myself)

I'm going to stick with they are going to be playing, headlining the other stage, that's out of nothing but hope

Yeah but it's rare that you get a band releasing a single without also announcing an album, and the album seems some way off if they're still working on the songs.

If it was either they play the UK with new material or don't play the UK at all then I would strongly side with the latter, but I think they probably could return on a different stage without anyway.

I still don't think the album will be out by then, but I suppose a single's possible and they'll likely play a couple of new songs as well.

yeah i wouldn't expect an album but definitely a single. still a bit odd for them to do it without a new album imo - why not just wait until the following year? we shall see

It's not unheard of for a band to do a little trip out of the studio to some far off countries. Florence did two or three festivals in Europe since her tour ended 2012 and some other shows here and there and there wasn't a sniff of new material at that point. Granted, no big UK things so maybe that works against Foals appearing on the farm.

did they play any of these festivals when they were touring Holy Fire? if not it could just be an excuse to get out of the studio whilst covering some of the festivals they didn't get round to last time. you'd think with Glastonbury they'd rather wait until the album's done and get a fairly decent slot next year rather than piss it away now and not be booked again once the album's done

did they play any of these festivals when they were touring Holy Fire? if not it could just be an excuse to get out of the studio whilst covering some of the festivals they didn't get round to last time. you'd think with Glastonbury they'd rather wait until the album's done and get a fairly decent slot next year rather than piss it away now and not be booked again once the album's done

Yeah I agree. But the Pilton Party thing where we all said "nah they can't be playing as they won't be touring then" and lo and behold, they are touring. Considering with R+L and fallow year in between, it might be 2018 earliest that they could headline so it might not be too detrimental.

Nah, looks like they toured Total Life Forever until the end of 2011 then the next time they played anywhere it was an intimate tour just before Holy Fire came out.

What is the latest on the Foals album? I know they were supposed to be recording 'early 2015' but that's pretty vague and may/may not have changed.

I suppose its not entirely impossible for them to have something announced by June ready for a late 2015 release, but that would be rushed which they don't wanna do considering this is the big one for em.