guypjfreak

Disclaimer - this may already have been answered, yes I'm lazy!

In previous years wasn't one-way coach travel an option from many more locations than just London and Bristol?

The return coaches always have lots of space as a result.

I don't understand why anyone would book one-way in any case - please explain if you know why this happens, I'm thick and old!!!!

.......but, does this mean the demand for coaches will be reduced as a result?

thoughts folks....and good luck to all of you who keep Glastonbury alive all year round on here...for both tonight and Sunday (whichever you're going for)

We've always booked one way. Coming from Dublin by boat, then train to London, then to Glastonbury. Not worth it going back to London from there! This time *hoping* to go from Bristol / Bath though so return will suit us.

*I say hoping but it all depends on the tickets

Am I right in thinking then that this link might go to the coach booking page later then? http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-2015-deposits/worthy-farm/850000/

my guess is that the top level glastonbury.seetickets.com URL now has a redirect on it to go to the Registration page to prevent it being opened...this is probably so that they can enable the database links to the booking engine without us all getting in there and buying up tickets now.

that redirect will probably be changed to point to the coach ticket page this evening...and then to the main booking page we have seen on sunday.

Am I right in thinking then that this link might go to the coach booking page later then? http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-2015-deposits/worthy-farm/850000/

At the moment this page http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/content/gfl-worthy-view seems to be the right link. The one you've posted just redirects there. No telling if this will change when it goes live though.

Is it me or is it very quiet this year? I am sure the coach sales last year we had fuck loads of people posting?!

Maybe glasto demand has finally fallen again?!

Too nervous to post.

Everything prepped.

All kids' WiFi devices off.

BT Vision cable out of router.

Counting out the next hour and a half.

Post later if successful!

Ben

• Upvote 1

Sorry if I may sound stupid. Last year in the first sale you can only choose coach times from/to london. Now I've seen the link to the national express timetable: does it mean something has changed? Van I choose the coach from/to Bristol or we got evidence that I can't?

Arriving from Italy by plane it's very important to choose the departure time for us

Guess I'll be trying for tickets tonite and see what comes up in the coach page

Thanks

I'm shitting it and I'm not even trying for my own tickets!

I'm set up and ready to go. The Glasto ticket page is in its own window on one tab. I've shrunk the window to accommodate two word documents either side with the information I need all laid out. To the left are the registration numbers and postcodes; to the right, the card details. I have the first registration number copied to my clipboard already and the second is already highlighted on the first word document so all I have to do is click it (no highlighting necessary). The word document to the right has the long card number already selected, so again - one click and it's already highlighted, ready for a lightning fast ctrl+c.

This is my design.

Edited by kalifire
  • Upvote 1

Sorry if I may sound stupid. Last year in the first sale you can only choose coach times from/to london. Now I've seen the link to the national express timetable: does it mean something has changed? Van I choose the coach from/to Bristol or we got evidence that I can't?

Arriving from Italy by plane it's very important to choose the departure time for us

Guess I'll be trying for tickets tonite and see what comes up in the coach page

Thanks

Nah, those National Express coaches are for if you buy a normal ticket then book a coach separately later. No times for the coaches tonight.

Proper nervous this time. 8 in my direct group of responsibility, so 2 bookings required. And then there's another group with us doing similar. Not liking the chances of us all getting coach tickets.

Last year there were just the 6 of us so fairly straightforward.

thanks theevilfridge, I still don't get why they won't let you choose the departure time

No problem :). I think it's because they can't know the demand for each destination until they put the tickets on sale, so not having the times gives them more freedom to shift around how many coaches go from each.

No problem :). I think it's because they can't know the demand for each destination until they put the tickets on sale, so not having the times gives them more freedom to shift around how many coaches go from each.

I can understand that. But I hate that: arriving from Italy every year we have to make a lot of thing stick together. I hate that cause tonite I won't be able to get tickets...roll on sunday

I can understand that. But I hate that: arriving from Italy every year we have to make a lot of thing stick together. I hate that cause tonite I won't be able to get tickets...roll on sunday

Yup, it's a pain in the arse. I wish the coach tickets went on sale after Sunday, so I knew I was in the last (pre-resale) chance saloon and would happily suck up any ticket I could get. Bah.