Muse

eldest300

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Muse board in fine form

"Wait people got all awkward about something that happened in 1979? I don't get it...I mean yeah its terrible but I'm struggling to think of something to compare it to here in America that would kill an entire rooms atmosphere. Not even a 9/11 reference would do that..."

Aye and all the videos prior to that I saw on instagram were just as tepid. A bit disappointing all in all. Kinda glad I saved myself the £45 + travel.

yep i very nearly got a bit too excited and attempted to get tickets. glad i didn't. i'm sure for big Muse fans just seeing them in these sized venues is worth the ticket price alone, but for me i'd need a better setlist than that. the quality / excitement drops substantially half way through and never picks back up. hope they mix it up a bit for the rest of the tour

edit: although i must say, for 9 or 10 songs there - brilliant (even the ones that are always aired)

Edited by FloorFiller

Should have spread those rarities through the set and it would have looked a lot better. Encore is weird as shit.

I'm not having a crowd like that in Manchester; 10 seconds into Psycho I'm opening a massive pit in the middle and roundhouse kicking the shit out of everyone. Anyone complains and it's "YOU ARE A PUSSY, I SAID SHOW ME YOUR WAR FACE". Gonna be a mad one.

Uprising really needs to burn in a pit of fire. So does Man With a Harmonica, could play an actual song in the time it takes ffs. If we get Assassin in for any of those second half songs then damn son.

As I say, should have changed the order up. Something like the following, and it looks a lot better, and gets rid of the huge disappoinment everyone felt after the first half. Didn't put much thought into the running order, but it's a lot better than what they did.

1. Psycho
2. Supermassive Black Hole
3. Fury
4. Interlude + Hysteria
5. Hyper Music + Voodoo Chile riff
6. Animals
7. Unnatural Selection
8. Time is Running Out
9. Uno
10. Agitated
11. Plug in Baby
12. Stockholm Syndrome + Micro Cuts outro
Encore:
13. Man With a Harmonica + Knights of Cydonia
14. Plug in Baby
15. Reapers

Just me who doesn't get why they don't do Stockholm Syndrome into Pyscho when they've played the riff as an outro for years?

I considered that, but I couldn't see Psycho being played anywhere other than as the opener. Maybe on later tours when there's a new album/opener (they always tend to open with something off the latest album, don't they?).

Should have spread those rarities through the set and it would have looked a lot better. Encore is weird as shit.

I'm not having a crowd like that in Manchester; 10 seconds into Psycho I'm opening a massive pit in the middle and roundhouse kicking the shit out of everyone. Anyone complains and it's "YOU ARE A PUSSY, I SAID SHOW ME YOUR WAR FACE". Gonna be a mad one.

Uprising really needs to burn in a pit of fire. So does Man With a Harmonica, could play an actual song in the time it takes ffs. If we get Assassin in for any of those second half songs then damn son.

As I say, should have changed the order up. Something like the following, and it looks a lot better, and gets rid of the huge disappoinment everyone felt after the first half. Didn't put much thought into the running order, but it's a lot better than what they did.

1. Psycho
2. Supermassive Black Hole
3. Fury
4. Interlude + Hysteria
5. Hyper Music + Voodoo Chile riff
6. Animals
7. Unnatural Selection
8. Time is Running Out
9. Uno
10. Agitated
11. Plug in Baby
12. Stockholm Syndrome + Micro Cuts outro
Encore:
13. Man With a Harmonica + Knights of Cydonia
14. Plug in Baby
15. Reapers

All of this, the crowd looked fucking terrible and man with a harmonica needs to go away now please, could play In Your World by the time they get through it. There was a twitter thing #assassinforbelfast I think that's why he tried to play it and apparently said it'll be ready for next time. I think that's just implying Belfast so don't get your hopes up for seeing it on this tour