Next Stop ..........

Guest gerardfenton18

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forever Sun Festival this weekend, Dorset Chilli Festival 2 - 3 Aug (more of a food festival but there's live music on!), Lakefest 8 - 10 Aug, End of the Road Festival 29 - 31 Aug. I'm going solo to all of these except EotR, so it would be great to meet up with anyone that's going to any of them!

Went to Latitude at the weekend. Very good festival but doesn't hold a candle to Glastonbury. Nothing else lined up apart from free festival (of sorts) in Liverpool over August Bank Holiday.

Will be in Liverpool over the weekend too as the giants are back!

Camp Bestival with my 3 year old. Will be a VERY different weekend to Glastonbury :)

Really fancy another festival (Boom Town in particular) but have plans which rule out most of the summer. Trying to plan a big night out in lieu but struggling to find anything that fits the bill...

Will be in Liverpool over the weekend too as the giants are back!

I'm working on the giants this year as I was so amazed by the whole experience last time they were here. If you're there on the Sunday I'm in the final procession! I can't bloody wait!

EOTR for me, amazng line up this year, and it's a cracking festival.

Not much else on, really, Jeffrey Lewis and Neko Case in a few weeks which I'm really lookng forward to.

Other than that a summer of sitting on my arse, the ocassional walk along the beach and a pile of books

I'm working on the giants this year as I was so amazed by the whole experience last time they were here. If you're there on the Sunday I'm in the final procession! I can't bloody wait!

Excellent! That sounds great, I loved it last time, I imagine it will be something really memorable to get involved in. Have a great time!

Will probably be moving house on Green Man weekend so that'll be a non-starter, gutted. The only other one that's attracting my eyes is the Electric Picnic, proper adventure to get to that one though.

a mere hop across the sea :sarcastic: this'll be my 3rd year at it and as much as i like doing new fests and seeing new thing i just can't see myself shying away for this one for a while anyway

How did it go Helen? I wasn't there on Sunday but saw them on Saturday afternoon. Quite the spectacle.

o9m1Ey1.jpg

DvsgGR9.jpg

Wrmyy4x.jpg

1N567sP.jpg

my son festi this is his stage that he made wicked ah

..its going to be the 3rd year of On The Bus festi and this is the back of the bus he also has the CORRESPONDENTS ,SUBGIANT and FREEFALL COLLECTIVE https://www.facebook.com/onthe.busparty.7?fref=ts

great little festi/party and not bad for a 27 year old lad ....im a very proud old man lol

How did it go Helen? I wasn't there on Sunday but saw them on Saturday afternoon. Quite the spectacle.

o9m1Ey1.jpg

DvsgGR9.jpg

Wrmyy4x.jpg

1N567sP.jpg

Ahh, you got some great photo's! I've added a link to mine, I'm not great with technology so hope it works!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/holgahel/sets/72157645597755847/

I had an incredible experience, got to witness over a million people smiling, laughing & crying along the way, I've never seen anything like it! When we drove off in the open top bus they were cheering and clapping all the way along the river front, I felt like a footballer or something :)

I got in on the wrap party too which was great fun, those french folk are absolute loons! Haha ;)

They want to come back in 2 years so I wouldn't hesitate getting involved again, fabulous!

Edited by helen-8

I was in two minds - I had the opportunity to work at Hop Farm this year - I was at the first one and various other years beside - nothing against that festival its just its so bloody close to Glastonbury and with the change of promoter I thought it best to skip working at it this year so the next one for me was Latitude and next Month I am back again at Reading for the 26th time - I doubt if I would ever attend as a ticketholder but working at it is fine and its not like being at a festival at all { with the town so close } - for some reason Latitude was a right wind up this year due to the phone network - Each text was taking four to five hours to reach me or to reach other people - Callers were told my phone was switched off { when in fact it was on all the time } - I was unable to make any voice calls as it was claimed ' Network is busy ' even at 5am.
Sure you could blame Virgin but it was not just Virgin as it was a common problem to many of the WBC Staff who were using a variety of 2G/3G/4G covering every network under the sun.
Our Campsite at Latitude is very close to the main telephone mast and its only this year did we have a problem.
No problem at Reading as we don't even share the festival network as our crew site is outside the festival site.
Once Reading is out the way its only a few months and then I will be planning for 2015 { the WBC year starts in March so I will be planning six months in advance } although I have a fair idea who wants to do what on my Team.

Ahh, you got some great photo's! I've added a link to mine, I'm not great with technology so hope it works!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/holgahel/sets/72157645597755847/

I had an incredible experience, got to witness over a million people smiling, laughing & crying along the way, I've never seen anything like it! When we drove off in the open top bus they were cheering and clapping all the way along the river front, I felt like a footballer or something :)

I got in on the wrap party too which was great fun, those french folk are absolute loons! Haha ;)

They want to come back in 2 years so I wouldn't hesitate getting involved again, fabulous!

Great photo's Helen. Glad you had such a great time, sounds great.