How did they handle the Friday blackout?

Vidsidasta

Looks like I was the only one at Rudimental. Was really enjoying their set & their female singer is a right sort.

Wandered back to our tents 1 minute away and watched the storm from there; amazing, chilled out, laying down on an airbed with my mate, having a bromantic time, swigging a stunning single malt he'd brought...whilst Mrs Woffy managed to sleep in out tent through the whole thing. Impressive.

Edited by Woffy

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at Rudimental (and later met one of them who said they were not annoyed at all by being cut short they'd rather have a short set instead of no set at all).

I had the promise from Dick Tee of getting stage-side of Pyramid for Lily, but due to the closure, my promise couldn't be organised as he (then responsible for a huge chunk of decisions) was rather obviously busy.

I think the handling was very good. From what I understand, if a powered stage was stuck, the length of down time to repair it would probably be longer than the down time of letting the storm pass. I think they chose the lesser of two evils.

Personally, I ended up drenched and cold so having only watched half of Lily from the front I returned to basecamp for a dry off and a warm up. Craig Charles at Arcadia made me dance whilst changing. :)

Wandered back to our tents 1 minute away and watched the storm from there; amazing, chilled out, laying down on an airbed with my mate, having a bromantic time, swigging a stunning single malt he'd brought...whilst Mrs Woffy managed to sleep in out tent through the whole thing. Impressive.

You know I broke up with my girlfriend & am still a bit sensitive over it?

You know I broke up with my girlfriend & am still a bit sensitive over it?

Don't go there, Couchy. I'm not even entertaining the prospect of you projecting the issue / blame onto me passive-aggressively due to your feelings for me.

I was at Rudimental, when they shut down i headed back to my car in the village car parking, got my waterproofs out, smoked a j, chilled out and waited for it all to pass before going back in for Paulo on the Other and then Arcade Fire. Lovely drop!